Skip to content

To be blunt and to the point... What improved weaponry would you like to see in SoD?

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
Many new items... Many new shinies... Many new weapons!

Oh... You will feel pain. You will feel sorrow. You will feel loss...

Not because you are going to fight tougher and nastier enemies carrying a vast array of implements of war and torture all designed to reduce you to a quivering bloody carcass...

No.

Because when you wake up in Irenicuse's dungeon you will have lost all those new shinies you worked so hard for!

But in the meantime... What improved weaponry would you like to swing in SoD?
  1. To be blunt and to the point... What improved weaponry would you like to see in SoD?86 votes
    1. I would like to see improved daggers. Yes. I hate having to loot skeletons for those throwing daggers, so heavy! And I can't even use the best dagger in BGEE, namely Xan's moonblade, no. Just give us a throwing dagger of decapitation +4 and I will be a happy bhaalspawn.
      19.77%
    2. I would like to see improved axes. I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay. - I chop up orcs and hobgoblins, yay, - I would like an axe just like my ol' papa, - big, strong and hairy, - And as supportive as a bra...
        4.65%
    3. I would like to see improved spears. Can we not add more points to the end? Forget tridents! I want a hexi-spear!
      22.09%
    4. I would like to see improved short swords. I collected every single short sword dropped by kobold and xvart. Sold them for 2gp. Ensured the sword coast remained unspoilt and safe for toddlers to wander without finding a sword to stab themselves with... NOW REWARD MY O.C.D. WITH A SHORT SWORD OF ANAL SUFFERING ! ! !
        4.65%
    5. I would like to see improved two handed swords. I have boy specific length issues...
        5.81%
    6. I would like to see improved quarterstaffs. I'm a wizard. I need a staff that can kill from 3 miles away. If it can make me fly as well, that would be a bonus...
        2.33%
    7. I would like to see improved darts. Always useful to have a set of treble twenty seekers to impress the crowd in the local pub...
        2.33%
    8. I would like to see improved scimitars. I'm sorry, I do not kill Drow... So...
        3.49%
    9. I would like to see improved bastard swords. COME ON ! ! ! I chose this over Katanas because, apparently those 'Katanas' are as rare as pigs eggs. WELL. I have discovered finding magical bastard swords a bit of a... um... fatherless bind...
      10.47%
    10. I would like to see more poll options... Really I do... You have forgotten all the good ones again Anduin! Longswords? Halberds? Katanas? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ! ! ! Plus you have now made me start to sound like an aggrieved Neera... SHAME ON YOU ! ! !
      24.42%

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Bigger the better!
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    Enchanted spears are such a grand staple in fantasy and mythology and yet so disappointing in BGEE.

So many times I've thought about playing some sort of warrior who specializes in spears and have thought, nah. There aren't any semi decent spears until late in BG2EE and there isn't a really cool one until TOB.

Also KATANAs, I know, I know you poindexter nerdz are going mention geography and realms history and gnomish metallurgy or some sort of other sensible well reasoned argument for why there really shouldn't be very many magic katanas in the Sword Coast, but...

Katanas have become popularized in modern fantasy and I thought Baldur's Gate was a FANTASY game, so put in some decent magical katanas, so that I can use them to play my FANTASY hero who uses katanas. (You, nerdy mouth breather in the glasses, if you don't like that then I have an original idea for you, DON'T USE THEM!)
    Another appreciater of gnome metallurgy...

@Skarose I salute you!
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Need another magical katana for the off-hand!
    edited October 2015
    Nimran said:

Shields! How many times have you stared an ogre in the face and said "Gee, I wish I had worn protection?"

I have the same problem. But really, should you be calling all females ogres?
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I'm tired of the half measures! No more SEMI for me, Full-tars all the way!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Anduin said:

Nimran said:

Shields! How many times have you stared an ogre in the face and said "Gee, I wish I had worn protection?"

Is there something wrong with ogres, mister blue, furry, bug eyed :cookie: addict?
    Nimran said:

Anduin said:

Nimran said:

Is there something wrong with ogres, mister blue, furry, bug eyed :cookie: addict?
    My mistake. I thought you were not being literal, may unions between Ferret and Ogre continue unabated, unabashed and unabridged...
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited October 2015
    @BillyYank
    "want a bastage sword that can switch between one-handed and two-handed. "

Gibberlings III BG2 Tweak Fix-Pack Mod(Works fine on BGEE), I for one, can't play without it anymore.

Katanas, Battle Axes and Bastard Swords all can be used either one-handed or two-handed.
    Post edited by Skarose on
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited October 2015
    My Necromantic Cleric requires a bone mace or flail like the one made of an elf's bone in Icewind Dale.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Halberds, man! HALBERDS!

(But I would also like a magical returning throwing dagger besides Firetooth...)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I want bows, as the Doctor would say "bows are cool."
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    To be blunt this poll needs more blunt weapons. Especially clubs!

Gorion: Ah... my club, I am glad I have found you!

Drow: The clubs reign supreme!

Imoen: Ha, you're a club fellow.

Tiax: Tiax does as ye will, but one day... SMASH! He clubs! Heh-heh.

Quayle: I am so club! C-L-B... I mean C-L-U-B.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Halberds, man! HALBERDS!

(But I would also like a magical returning throwing dagger besides Firetooth...)

Or better yet... magical returning throwing halberds!
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    BillyYank said:

Halberds, man! HALBERDS!

Or better yet... magical returning throwing halberds!
    That's basically chakrams in some extent.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I want to see the episode of Xena where she gives her warrior cry and hurls a pair of polearms around the room.

I really do.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    DAGGERS!!!

Even though I'd really like to see some "new" weapons, too.. especially.. WHIPS!!!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited October 2015
    I'd like to see a sword that increases in 'plusness' and aligns with the wielder's proficiency as it increases - i.e. with one pip in that sword (be it a bastard or legitimate) it is a +1 sword, with two pips a +2 sword etc. No special powers at all, it simply reflects the wielder's increasing skill and should mean that at least one party member has a weapon capable of damaging an opponent that can only be hit by a '+X' weapon (rather than having to use a left-handed corkscrew +3 because that's all you could find at the time).
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i would like to see a really nice shortsword

...and a +1 apr blunt weapon xD