Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Can you rename "elminster's Difficulty Adjustments" to "Rough World"? The link I provided should still work.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @elminster Renamed.
    @chimeric Added, thanks :)

New section created:Spells
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    There should probably be short descriptions for all of the mods... Mine is very small, of course, but "Taunt spell" doesn't quite do it justice. It's castable by sorcerers, the mod has demo features and other things in there I wanted to draw attention to.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2016
    Tried the fix when installing Sword Coast Stratagems on 2.0+sod,
    Still get "ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this"
    Any help?

Edit: Solved, have to let stratagems.exe extract files first, then apply the hotfix, otherwise stratagems.exe's extraction will overwrite the fix.
    Post edited by islandking on
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I am not done testing it on 2.0, but I just found this on the SHS forum. I think a lot of people might be interested in it since it is a common complaint about BG1:EE...
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I’d be very interested to know if those work. :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2016
    @Ravenslight After further testing I believe it does work just fine on 2.0, with one exception. The weidu installer has an option to edit Baldur.ini so that you don't need to reveal movies to veiw them on the options menu. However the game now uses baldur.lua and this component does not work. The movies that are not in BG:EE by default still need to be revealed normally to be viewed, unless you want to edit the .lua file manually.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    It seems SCS is not working on SOD if you purchased it through the Beamdog's Store.

I'm still not sure, but if, like me, you own the games this way, i think you can install the BGEE alone version, play it with SCS, import your save into SOD without scs, then import your save in BG2EE with SCS. I will test it and report here as i progress thourhg the saga.

More details here :
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60969/scs-with-hotfixes-get-it-here/p2
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I have Beamdog's SoD, and SCS installed without any problems.
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2016
    I guess i'm unlucky ! Still, it seems i'm not the only one to have some kind of problem with SCS on versions 2.0+ of the EE.
  • Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 84
    @Red_Carnelian Added. Thanks :)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    @lefreut Added. Thanks :)
  • KlekotKlekot Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 6
    edited December 2016
    Anyone know something about traps/locks ? it works now ??
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @mlnevese I thought I posted this earlier but apparently not. The Minor NPC Portraits should probably be replaced with Portraits Portraits Everywhere: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61015/mod-portraits-portraits-everywhere-for-bg1ee-sod-bg2ee-iwdee-eet/p1 since the previous mod has been obsoleted according to that thread.
    @Ratatoskr589 Updated. Thanks:)
  • kaldgordkaldgord Member Posts: 29
    Hello, i'm getting late to the party, and before banging my head against the wall, as i'm struggling to get everything ready for a mega larger than life adventure, would like to ask a couple of things i cant seem to figure out :) . The mods for BGEE+SoD compatibles, should be installed inside the data folder of SoD ?
    I own BGEE, BGEE2 and SoD version from the beamdog store, never used gog or steam for those.
    Also there are many mods that id like to use that are not listed in the compatible SoD list, like Drizzt Saga, yet ive read somewhere that many mods should work fine if you install them after installing SoD...well, so confused right now :dizzy:
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Kind of planning the same as @kaldgord for my first SCS run with multiple mods...any advice appreciated
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @kaldgord I can't answer your first question exactly since I don't have SOD, but inside the SOD folder would be my guess (not necessarily in data. The general rule of thumb is that you always want mods in the same folder as the chitin.key). But most mods come with instructions, so to be sure, I'd say download one you want for SOD and then see what it says. I believe you should install both regular BGEE and SOD mods in the same folder since presumably, the SOD version is the game you'd be playing the whole way through.

As for older mods, it's really hit or miss. 2+ and Dragonspear changed a lot of things so even if Drizzt Saga works, it may well be glitchy. There was already an issue on 1.3 where you couldn't get back to the regular world map without the Clua Console.

However, it's worth trying the mods you're interested in because the compatibility list is only updated via people posting what mods work and so may not be complete. My advice would be to back up your game first so you can go back to a clean install if everything goes horribly wrong and then start the game after each mod just to make sure it doesn't crash right from the start.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Kaldgord: If you own SoD from Beamdog, you do not need to install BGEE from Beamdog. SoD includes BGEE. So you install everything in your SoD folder, and ignore (or uninstall) your BGEE folder.

As for mod compatibility, if you're not sure, try it, and see if something goes wrong, though keep in mind that you may have to start a fresh campaign if something breaks. If you don't want to risk that, best not install those mods.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    @mlnevese - please see my comment on the BG2EE compatible mods list:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/836218/#Comment_836218
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    edited December 2016
    Is there a version of the Item Randomizer mod where options 1 and 2 (randomize using in-game scripts, no/some items are lost) are compatible with SoD? I don't want to randomize using WeiDU (options 3 and 4) since then I have to re-install to re-randomize...
    Can you change "only 1 quicksave" to "Quick Save Slots Tweaks 1.2".

The link is still the same.
    @elminster Updated :)
    @elminster Added. Thanks :)
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 454
    Hello,
    I have two mods. I didn't know whether I was supposed to message you or post in the thread so I did both.

My Warrior Monk Mod is a class change. It changes the warrior to be a better front-line fighter, especially at low levels in exchange for losing some abilities later on. It is just made for BG1:EE without SoD right now, though I plan to do a SoD version later now that this one is complete.

My 2nd mod is No Race Restrictions which allows someone to start a character with any race/class combination and includes the missing character animations (halfling mage and non-human monks).

Thanks.
    @BCaesar Both added. Thanks :). Answering your question, just posting in this thread is enough. I get notified whenever anyone posts here.