Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    mlnevese said:

@BCaesar Both added. Thanks :). Answering your question, just posting in this thread is enough. I get notified whenever anyone posts here.

Thanks. I just realized there was a typo in the above post though. It should read, "It changes the monk to be a better front-line fighter," since it modifies the monk class, not the warrior class.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Not sure where to mention that, but @JuliusBorisov asked a questions about mods, modding tutorials and so on. I think that while looking for mods, tutorials and announcing stuff, dear users, you may want to take a look here and help. Cheers!
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited March 2017
    I like to report that I believe a Mod somewhere for EET has caused a couple of Logo Movies to be corrupted SoD Text, so I'm going to handle over my Weidu reports for everyone to look at, so we can track down which Mod caused the issue.

Unfortunately I don't know which mods are not compatible with EET yet that would cause SoD-related issues, but if the Movies Text were corrupted with SoD Text then obviously something else must have broke, and I'm not willing to play through the game to find out. I find it odd that BWS Setup would put this Question Mod under Recommendation due to the bug I caught just in time.

EDIT:
    Damn, I should have shared the LOG files, but I already uninstalled the games.

Also I take it that EET is not ready for full compatibility with SoD yet I presume? I can only imagine that a few of the Mods & SoD are not playing nice with the EET modifications.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited March 2017
    Kaliesto said:

I like to report that I believe a Mod somewhere for EET has caused a couple of Logo Movies to be corrupted SoD Text, so I'm going to handle over my Weidu reports for everyone to look at, so we can track down which Mod caused the issue.

Unfortunately I don't know which mods are not compatible with EET yet that would cause SoD-related issues, but if the Movies Text were corrupted with SoD Text then obviously something else must have broke, and I'm not willing to play through the game to find out. I find it odd that BWS Setup would put this Question Mod under Recommendation due to the bug I caught just in time.

EDIT:
    Damn, I should have shared the LOG files, but I already uninstalled the games.

You should report any EET bugs on the EET forum at G3. That will ensure it is seen by the EET developers.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    My NPC mod is SOD compatible and includes SOD content. Probably not EET compatible atm but i'll work on it.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63679/mod-ishlilka-the-wizard-slayer-for-bg1-sod-alpha-release#latest
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Interesting @WarChiefZeke!

Might be a reason to try out a Wizard Slayer for the first time in my life, as the class is too alien to me to try it with Charname. I'm sorry that I'm not into testing though, I'll leave that to others who are better at playing through at a descent pace and are good at hunting and reporting bugs.

Please keep the forum informed if Ishlilka passes the alpha and beta stages.
    Well, so far i've done two test playthroughs myself, one with popular mods and one without for compatibility testing, so hopefully the testing phases won't last too long :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @WarChiefZeke Added to NPCs. Thanks :)
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    @mlnevese
    All three components of My Tweaks mod 3.5 Edition/ Pathfinder style Tweaks Collection (thac0, Constitution, hit dice) is compatible with BGEE 2.0 as well as SOD.
    @Reddbane Added. thanks :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    Just wondering if the Drizzt Saga is compatible with SoD. According to the web page, it is compatible with EE, but SoD is not mentioned.
    edited March 2017
    I've wondered about that too, some of the modders have not made anything known about their projects concerning SoD. I mean Drizzt Saga is listed in the BWS, but...like is it for EE only or can EET/SOD work with it? I would assume they wouldn't put Drizzt Saga for EET if it didn't work, I think the modmerge tool is meant to help with this issue.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Hi, please add Gavin NPC for BG1 to the list. Gavin is a a cleric of Lathander.

Link to discussion forum:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=128

jastey said:

Hi, please add Gavin NPC for BG1 to the list. Gavin is a a cleric of Lathander.

Link to discussion forum:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=128

It works fine. No bugs whatsoever.
    @jastey Added. Thanks :)
    Thank you!
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @AstroBryGuy says in the BG1 NPC forum post that the Ajantis BG1 Friendship Mod is compatible, I'm installing it to make sure because I didn't see it here.
    Ajantis BG1 Friendship Mod should be alright with v2.x, yes (it only adds more dialogues, no items or stuff).
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited June 2017
    Anyone know how Dark Side of the Sword Coast is coming along/mod compatibility or tested/played it for v2.0+ SoD ? It looks like @Red_Carnelian was updating just such a version but was last updated Jan 2017 at their site (http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8308.0). V.DSotSCv101b with no further updates. I figured if it was it might get added here at some point.

I cried Olly Olly Oxen Free but have not heard back yet.

Updated: says still being tested for bugs, but slowly getting there.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    Hi, please add the Ajantis BG1 Expansion Mod to the first page. It adds friendship dialogues for Ajantis (if he is not in romance from BG1NPC Project).
    @jastey Added. Thanks :)
    Thank you!

Just wondering if the Drizzt Saga is compatible with SoD. According to the web page, it is compatible with EE, but SoD is not mentioned.

Kaliesto said:

I've wondered about that too, some of the modders have not made anything known about their projects concerning SoD. I mean Drizzt Saga is listed in the BWS, but...like is it for EE only or can EET/SOD work with it? I would assume they wouldn't put Drizzt Saga for EET if it didn't work, I think the modmerge tool is meant to help with this issue.

I have installed the Drizzt Saga in SoD and played the first part, (The nine hells bit) and had no problems. I haven't checked the Icewind Dale part yet.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    edited June 2017
    I found that I couldn't get back to the main map after playing through the Drizzt saga. But you might be able to side-step that issue with the console. Dark Side of the Sword Coast was very buggy when I tried it.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    Ratatoskr said:

I found that I couldn't get back to the main map after playing through the Drizzt saga. But you might be able to side-step that issue with the console. Dark Side of the Sword Coast was very buggy when I tried it.

Drizzt Saga and DSotSC are fully playable for EET. They are playable also if you use the BP-BGT-Worldmap mod. I have never played the standalone BGEE/SoD with those mods so I don't know which map is used in that game. And double check that you use the right versions for these mods, they are different from the old game versions. And you need to make the right selection about the map support, i.e. choose the big worldmap option even if you are not using it.
    The EET versions of both mods are fully playable and bug-free, I have played them several times. A number of the *big old mods* take only EET into consideration not the separated game (see Northern Tales of the Sword Coast, Region of Terror).
    For the record, Ishlilka is no longer in her alpha stage and has reached more or less the final BG1/SOD version.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2017
    I think my Shadow Magic mod's reached a stable enough point now. Primarily a kit/spell mod, but has a few items in there as well. It should work for BG1 (with or without SoD), BG2 and EET alike.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @PaulaMigrate Sounds like I probably chose the wrong map version. But if I can only use these mods on EET then they're unfortunately no use to me. My games are different versions and I don't want to link them up.
    Ratatoskr said:

@PaulaMigrate Sounds like I probably chose the wrong map version. But if I can only use these mods on EET then they're unfortunately no use to me. My games are different versions and I don't want to link them up.

I can understand that. I feel the same way.