Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Who Am I?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Personally, I always thought of Pooky as rhyming with spooky instead of cookie or rookie.

Next up:

1. At first, I am the one and only. Later, I am the one of many.
    2. At first, I look down on you, despite not knowing you. Later, I show grudging respect.
    3. At first, you can choose whether we fight or go in peace. Later, you have no choice but to fight--though I'll suggest we could have been friends.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Balthazar?
    Nope. Next hint:

4. At first, I am clad in the best of studded leather. Later, I am clad in the best of chain mail.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    edited May 2019
    Aldeth Sashenstar?
    Nope. Next hint:

5. At first, I represent a nation of commerce. Later, I represent a nation of slavery.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I'm pretty sure this is wrong, but Skarmaen Alibakkar? Thought of the feuding families in Trademeet (commerce), you can choose not to fight, but at the end he comes in and force a fight. He also drops the elven chainmail.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Drizzt
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    edited May 2019
    Sendai!

[Huh. Guess I've been mispronouncing "rookie" all these years!]
    Good guesses, but @Stromael got it!

1. In BG1, there's only one Sendai, the human one. In ToB, Sendai is a drow, and she fights with numerous clones of herself.
    2. The BG1 Sendai is disrespectful right off the bat, calling you barbarians on sight. The BG2 Sendai mentions being impressed that Charname defeated her various goons.
    3. You can avoid a fight with the BG1 Sendai with the right dialog options, but fighting the BG2 Sendai is inevitable, even though her dialog suggests you could have been allies.
    4. The BG1 Sendai wears +2 studded leather, the best in that game. In BG2, drow wear adamantine chain, the best in the saga.
    5. The BG1 Sendai is from Amn, and Athkatla is called the City of Coin. The BG2 drow Sendai is from a culture that practices slavery.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @semiticgod
    Wait isn't Sendai the one with the +6 Studded Leather armor?
    @ZaramMaldovar: I assumed that Sendai wore drow chain mail like her goons. But now that I look it up, she actually has the Studded Leather of Thorns +6.

But she doesn't actually wear it; she wears an undroppable Bladesinger Chain +4! So technically she does wear chain mail.
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    @smyth25 got it!
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    1. I'm going to bring great turmoil to someone close to you (as if they haven't been through enough!)
    2. From tutor to traitor, though I'll accuse them of the same thing
    3. I was responsible for starting their career, now I am responsible for ending it.
  • smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    @Neverused Correct! It is Dermin:

1. Jaheira goes through much conflict throughout the Harper quest, and that's on top of Khalid dying and being cursed by Baron Ployer
    2. Was Jaheira's mentor, before becoming a pawn of Galvarey, though he will hypocritically accuse Jaheira of being a Harper traitor
    3. As her mentor, he introduced Jaheira to the Harpers, then it was his job to execute her.
    One of the two of us must die. Or not, at least on-screen.
    Though I am short in stature, I know more about the future than you.
    I can give you something really nice. Ironically, I can’t give you what I claim I have.
    Pallon?
    Not Pallon (the stargazer at the lighthouse?)
    Hafiz?
    Yes, Hafiz! He has dreams that either he or charname will die, but if you choose dialogue options 1-1-3 everyone just leaves peacefully. If Hafiz does die due to charname living, it’s done offscreen. He’s a gnome that knows quite a bit about Sarevok and co, probably from his dreams. Finally, he gives one of like 5 Protection from Magic scrolls in the game, but his voice-line is the standard “useful gadgets I have, yes I do...” And a scroll is not really a gadget.
    Yay! I love getting it right, but it's getting hard finding new characters to create riddles for :)

Nameless am I, but with a title of some sorts
    Too meet me you must use unlawful skills
    You will never bring me what I want, but you can bring me something
    The Hidden?
    Nope! Hmm.. I hope this isn't too vague :) I usually make my riddles too easy, hehe.. I'll post a fourth clue tomorrow if it's still unsolved by then.
    The doomsayer?
    Nope, sorry @Neverused.

Both your guesses are good, and probably pretty spot on.. but this character is someone very different. Focus on the second clue and think that certain skills might be needed to meet this character. Skills not usually used by the lawful ;)
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Skatan
    Is it the mummy in the crypt at the beginning of Siege of Dragonspear? I can't remember his name.
    edited May 2019
    @ZaramMaldovar, no sorry.

Here's a fourth clue before I'm hitting bed.

Find something of my lover's, find the green where the sun don't shine
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Joseph's Wife.