Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Who Am I?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    edited November 2016
    OH COME ON!!! This was practically my first thought when I saw clue 3! If clue 2 weren't so misleading I may have actually come up with the answer before now!

William "Bill" Williamson

Now I am going to kick myself for a long time before I make the next riddle...

(the restaurant I just got back from (after spending 2 hours there) had really slow service so I am a bit agitated right now...)
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Tresset said:

Now I am going to kick myself for a long time before I make the next riddle...

(the restaurant I just got back from (after spending 2 hours there) had really slow service so I am a bit agitated right now...)

oh wow how did I not think of him! Especially with the survival clue.

I am going to join you on the kicking myself!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Tresset has it!

William "Bill" Williamson said that some of his apprentices died during their education, and mentions ominously that the courts said no one was to blame. He only ever shows up to congratulate you for teaching your own apprentices in the Planar Sphere stronghold questline, in which 0 to 3 or your apprentices may die depending on how risky you push them to be.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I really don't like how @Tresset just found this thread and know he is sharing first place with obi one @Montresor_SP
    edited November 2016
    That murder & courts clue threw me completely I was thinking the likes of Roenall and any character that was accused or suspected of murder.

Bah!
    Bah! Kids that make fun of me are annoying. I put spells on them to teach them a lesson. My nephew did it too before he grew up. He is overdue for his visit actually... Probably just as well though, he may not understand my new friend.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Ragefast
    edited November 2016
    Ragefast it is, @Montresor_SP.

His nephew, Jopi, who you meet at the FAI, tells you that Ragefast would cast Barkskin (not sure how since he is a mage) on the kids who called him Grumpleskin.
    Tresset said:

Ragefast it is, @Montresor_SP.

His nephew, Jopi, who you meet at the FAI, tells you that Ragefast would cast Barkskin (not sure how since he is a mage) on the kids who called him Grumpleskin.

Ranger/Cleric/Mage?
    A fighter I am, of great repute
    Of this I dare you to dispute!

You dare to laugh at my attire?
    Now you've set my soul on fire!

I shall punish your impertinence,
    My great swordsman skills shall teach you sense.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263

I had to google his name (I hope that isn't breaking any sort of rules :D ) But is this Meilum?
    edited November 2016
    Papa_Lou said:

I had to google his name (I hope that isn't breaking any sort of rules :D ) But is this Meilum?
    It is still your guess. The principe is to figure out who it is, not what they are called. I sometimes forget to. Had to google my way to Ivan's name twice.
    Papa_Lou said:

@Papa_Lou Yep! Your turn.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Alright, here we go.

1.) I builds the boat

2.) I catches the fish

3.) I brings 'em home to Liza
    edited November 2016
    Sailor Newf
    edited November 2016
    Papa_Lou said:

Fun fact: For those who don't know, Sailor Newf sings the song called "I'se the B'y", a folk song from my home province of Newfoundland. His name is Newf, which is often what people from Newfoundland are called- Newfs. Or Newfies. This is a song we're taught from the day we can speak, and you won't find someone from Newfoundland who doesn't know these lyrics. So, you can imagine my excitement when I found this NPC in Jopalin's tavern.

An interesting bit of info! You should post it in the Did you know thread!
    I may be a god, but that isn't as great as it seems. I have taken many forms over the years; a giant spider, a human woman, a rabbit, and a goblin are just a few. I have helped my people build bridges and work together with each other.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Adoy.
    @Gallowglass is the winner!

When Adoy accidentally summoned the goblins to his enclave they decided he was their god and named him Bargrivyek. Adoy mentions being polymorphed into quite a few things in his dialog and he actually turns into a rabbit when you meet him. The last sentence was definitely sneaky of me because "building bridges" refers to an actual physical bridge Adoy helped the goblins build instead of something more along the lines of building relationship bridges. The goblins believed Adoy held the domain of cooperation which is what working together refers to.
    Aw heck, now I've got to think of one to ask y'all. Okay, hang on a few minutes, I've never done this before but I'll give it a go ...
    Try this ...

Brass monkeys envy me.
    I can't see what's funny about Humpty-Dumpty.
    I spend much time reflecting.
    Erm ... no replies yet? Have I made this one too difficult? Maybe I'll give a further clue if no-one offers an answer in the next few hours ...
    Well I don't know about anyone else but I have no idea.

The first part I had to google, maybe keeps something warm? The second two don't spark any ideas either but I could guess that it has something to do with a shattered mirror perhaps, I dunno.
    edited November 2016
    My wild guess is Rasaad solely because he likes to reflect on reflections of the moon and talks much about reflecting his inner light.
    I'll go with Iycanth the mad, because, reasons.
    @Mush_Mush & @Tresset - nope. But at least some are now having a go, so I'll let it run a little longer before offering more clues.