Baldur's Gate Who Am I?

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Dorn?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Nope.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Tresset said:

I am ashamed of my people, they are not the friends I thought they were. I will give my life for you, for my spirit has already died. Remember me when you smell the Wine of Passion.

Durlag Trollkiller.
    edited October 2016
    Not Durlag. The Wine of Passion is referring to the wine from Durlag's tower though. Kind of an obscure clue I guess, so here is a hint: Read the description.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    Tresset said:

Not Durlag. The Wine of Passion is referring to the wine from Durlag's tower though. Kind of an obscure clue I guess, so here is a hint: Read the description.

Islanne?
    Ok, maybe mentioning the wine was a bad idea on my part; it has little to do with this character. The only point I was trying to get across with that is this character is a sort of lost love. Actually there are two characters, both equally acceptable as answers.
    Yea I figured after I posted that Islanne didnt fit the original clue.
    Solaufein almost fits... :/

For someone who has played BG for so long it's shameful that I suck at this game :D
    Not Solaufein.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited October 2016
    To noone's surprise, I have no idea. :)

Help us obi wan @Montresor_SP, you're our only hope.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    Kiel?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Joneleth/Irenicus?
    None of the above. Lets see if I can come up with some additional lines...

I am ashamed of my people, they are not the friends I thought they were. I will give my life for you, for my spirit has already died. With tooth and claw I will fight for you so that you have a chance to escape the betrayal of my people. Remember me when you smell your flowers (forget the stupid wine clue, this is better).
    Anath?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited October 2016
    My goal is not to get power for myself.
    You can't enter my home easily.
    With an alternative setup, you can make me a friend.

Who am I?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Balthazar?
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Rayic Gethras
    Bodhi?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Obi wan @Montresor_SP is right (with Ascension you can ask him to help you), although other suggestions are fine as well.
    I'll "borrow" your wife
    I'll entertain your daughters
    Though you can have them back, if you ask...
    edited October 2016
    And again we see that I can have nothing that @Tresset cannot take away!
    Aasim said:

I'll "borrow" your wife
    I'll entertain your daughters
    Though you can have them back, if you ask...

Me.
    :grin:
    On a mission, I will stop at nothing to sanctify that which has been defiled. I track and kill any who dare offend, and yet my objective keeps slipping away and the defilers keep escaping death. I suffer the ultimate disgrace, forced to aid the very defilers I seek, before I finally meet my demise at their hands.
    Er, this one isn't that hard, is it guys? I actually thought someone would figure it out fairly quickly... Not even a guess? Anyone?
    All of your riddles are hard.
    RelSundan said:

All of your riddles are hard.

I, uh, don't exactly intend them to be, I assure you... perhaps I am being too cryptic with my clues? Hmm... I guess it could be that I just know SO much about the game that I imagine my clues are more obvious than they actually are for those who are less... um... obsessively detail oriented than I am? One of the benefits of my autism is that I have an encyclopedic knowledge of my areas of interest, and this game ranks near the top of my interests. Anyway, let me try to rejigger my initial clue then...

On a mission, I will stop at nothing to recover that which has been defiled by outsider hands. I track and kill any who dare offend, and yet my objective keeps slipping away and the defilers continuously escape death. I suffer the ultimate disgrace, forced to aid the very defilers I seek against our ancient enemy, before I finally meet my demise at the hands of those I hunt.
    Your clues are just fine, though I haven't been paying too much detail to minor persons. And I haven't done nearly all side quests in the first Baldur's Gate.