Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Who Am I?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Mush_Mush - still no. Again, think about the third clue, what the words might mean.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Gallowglass: Just tagging you to see if you saw my guesses for Lellyn and Wallag/Wallag's Body.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I think every single character and character related creature in the entire temple ruins has been said lol.

So I'm guna broaden out to "Shadow" or "Skeleton Warrior" as my guesses.
    edited November 2016
    Aha! @semiticgod and I were posting at exactly the same time, and that flipped us onto the next page ... so no, I hadn't noticed those suggestions. Thanks for tagging me, and my apologies for missing it.

Yes! @semiticgod gets the win, it's Lellyn.

1) When you first enter the Temple Ruins area, you (briefly) see him alive, but he dies before you can speak to him.

2) He's just named on-screen as "Shadow Thief", and all the enemies in this area are Shadows (or Shadow beasts), so it is (presumably) them who have killed him.

3) When he dies he drops his journal, which gives you his information, and the title (of his journal) tells you that his name was Lellyn.

Edit: spelling.
    lol well that explains it :p

Well done Semy :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Damn, I thought of him too...

Just to be clear, I don't think he is actually Lellyn. I think he was just carrying Lellyn's journal. The journal states that Lellyn was one of Mazzy's party members and she would not work with a shadow thief. Who knows though... That guy always did confuse me...
    1. I am a true friend, but only a madman can appreciate my company.
    2. I mean you no harm, unless you value gold more than blood.
    3. I'm very friendly... wanna kiss?
    Tresset said:

Just to be clear, I don't think he is actually Lellyn. I think he was just carrying Lellyn's journal. The journal states that Lellyn was one of Mazzy's party members and she would not work with a shadow thief. Who knows though... That guy always did confuse me...

Mazzy's previous companions were actually Patrick's existing party which she joined (and apparently took over as leader) - we're told this somewhere in later dialogue (I think it's the one with Samuel Thunderburp which mentions this). She co-operates with Shadow Thieves well enough under our protagonist's leadership (albeit with some grumbling), so I reckon she'd also have worked with a Shadow Thief who was already part of Patrick's party (although I agree that she might not have chosen to recruit a Shadow Thief as a new companion).

So no, I see no decisive to reason to suppose that this Shadow Thief is some stranger who has somehow acquired Lellyn's Journal, and therefore (by Occam's Razor) I have always assumed that he is Lellyn.
    @semiticgod - Quallo's friend, the Carrion Crawler.
    @Gallowglass got it!
    That was too easy, @semiticgod!

1) I often comment on @semiticgod's riddles.
    2) I appear nasty, then appear nice ... but you were right the first time.
    3) I'll live at any cost and die at any price.
    Oh come on, folks, no takers? I made this one much more obvious than some of my previous ones!
    Me! Santas vampiric little helper. >:)
    Mush_Mush said:

Me! Santas vampiric little helper. >:)

Yes! Yes! ... No, sorry. But actually, you may be closer than you realised ...
    aw :(

hm, Julius? aka The Hooded Man?
    Er, this is a forumite right?
    Is it you @Gallowglass?
    edited November 2016
    Tresset said:

Er, this is a forumite right?

I believe it's a character associated with a username/profile pic...at least thats my take on it.
    Ok, Bodhi then.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Its Tresset
    @Mush_Mush, @Tresset - I've no idea whether the character concerned is associated with any forumite's username or avatar, since I've never seen the full list of registered user profiles ... but so far as I've noticed, no, it isn't.

Obviously you're barking up that particular tree because the first clue refers to commenting on riddles ... but (hint!) the actual reference to which that refers is itself contained in the post which lists the clues. It's a dead give-away when you spot the connection!
    edited November 2016
    I'm astonished, I thought this one would be solved quickly! Okay, more hint time ...

Consider the first clue and my own comment on the preceding line. Now, who often comments that something is too easy?
    Safana?
    oh Hexxat?
    Mush_Mush said:

oh Hexxat?

Indeed Hexxat. I told you it'd be obvious once you saw that connection!

1) Hexxat's success-report on pickpocketing is "Too easy", which is what I'd just said in the same post about @semiticgod's previous riddle.

2) When we first see (real) Hexxat, the vampire feeds on Clara, but then we never again see her feeding and she seems to be behaving much more nicely ... but eventually we can learn in dialogue that she's feeding on unseen innocents off-screen while the party sleeps, so our first horrific impression was correct.

3) She initially proclaims in SoA that she'll do anything at all to survive, yet (bizarrely) in ToB it turns out that she'll deliberately go to great lengths to die.

So you're up next, @Mush_Mush!
    I can see how that might be more obvious if you were very familiar with Hexxat unfortunately I only took Hexxat once around EE release and it was for about an hour before I ditched her n never went back so, kind of a blind spot for me lol.

I actually prefered the zombified thrall in the Coronet to Hexxat's incredibly bland personality.
    edited November 2016
    I am interested in more than just your allegiance.
    Honour has little sway over my actions.
    Do not listen to those that would seek to harm me.
    Obviously what I ask is not going to be entirely legal.
    But, who cares if it's fun!
    That's how you make an easy one :p
    Mush_Mush said:

That's how you make an easy one :p

Then perhaps I should study your methods ... but it doesn't seem to be in keeping with the original "three clues" concept of this game, to which I've been attempting to stick.

I guess Bodhi fits quite well.
    I am interested in more than just your allegiance.
    Honour has little sway over my actions.
    Do not listen to those that would seek to harm me.
    Obviously what I ask is not going to be entirely legal.
    But, who cares if it's fun!

B O D H I

It fits very well. :)