Skip to content

Post something that everyone likes but you

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited October 2016
    Hmm I've always found that people who watch anime and read manga, actually tend to be some of the biggest haters in a way. There are so many different genres and styles that some people just really cannot stand and speak out against whenever they can, often leading to flame wars and such...Heh good times^^
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Another thing I don't like:
    Space exploration programmes. To think that one could get access the harsh mid-game content without even properly getting started on the cosy tutorial planet is, in simple Quality Assurance terms, psychotic user behaviour. From beyond the Solar System, seeing as those little steel coffins get loaded with explosives and then go PEW PEW PEW in the atmosphere must be quite entertaining. A slightly more advanced civilization some three or four galaxies away from Earth actually happens to livestream that on an equivalent of a reality TV channel.
    mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @God The Martians have been broadcasting Earth day-to-day life to over 10000 civilizations... that's why we didn't blow up the planet yet...
    mashedtatersCrevsDaak
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Bars, pubs, clubs.
    GenderNihilismGirdleKuronamashedtatersCrevsDaak
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @GenderNihilismGirdle What do you mean by organic relationships? And how does it exclude marriage?
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Natural and intuitive might be better words than "organic", I admit. I'll put it in a spoiler cut @ThacoBell and if you wanna continue the discussion my inbox is open!

People in love being in love is a natural thing. The way that rulers, religions, governments, nation-states, etc. reward people for marrying is an artificial thing, and a form of social control by incentive, and has nothing to do with love and commitment outside of the way those concepts accrete around the incentives over generations, and until a few decades ago, the more fluid recognition in LGBT circles of other "outsides" to marriage happened very naturally within those circles because they were themselves "outside" marriage (such as non-monogamous relationships, non-procreative relationships, casual relationships, etc) which, frankly, are not as transient as people think they are. I'm in a long-term casual friends-with-benefits relationship with someone and it's basically my only current relationship, but at most other times in my life after my first long term monogamous relationship I've been in non-monogamous configurations of one kind or another, and if I'd passed away during those times, there's no way my various partners would've had the same benefits afforded as incentives to married monogamous couples just as, currently, my one casual partner would have no access to any of those.

The link there to the synopsis for the book briefly outlines this issue, and that book is a really good resource of people making arguments much more eloquent than I could deliver here, varied ones too, and I highly recommend it.

But if your public library doesn't have a copy and you don't want to buy it, there are a few places online with bits and pieces of those arguments, and one I found with a quick google search was this one, which has quite a few good points within it, as well as linking throughout to lots of other great resources that again make the argument more eloquently and thoroughly than I can, and cite sources too! The wikipedia page for criticism of marriage has stuff I don't necessarily agree with mixed in with stuff I do, but it's a good read nevertheless, but that first link there has a bit at the top that I just love: "Same-sex marriage advocacy has accomplished an amazing feat--it has made being anti-homophobic synonymous with being pro-marriage. It has drowned out centuries of critical thinking and activism against the racialized, colonial, and patriarchal processes of state regulation of family and gender through marriage." which is right before it launches into a detailed discussion of the stuff I opened with in that first paragraph up there (and more!), so if you're interested and your Google Fu is not so strong, those links are good starting places for terminology to pop into search engines if you wanna drill down on it.
    ThacoBellSkatangorgonzolaBelleSorciere
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Marriage is all about fiscal optimization.
    GenderNihilismGirdleBGLoverCrevsDaakStummvonBordwehr
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2016
    @ThacoBell, who likes "grass"  anyway? o.O *bleugh* *mowingshudder*
    ThacoBellNimranCrevsDaak
    edited October 2016
    Kurona said:

ThacoBell said:

@Kurona I completely and utterly disagree with you. I myself am very happily married, and fiscal concerns never ever were a reason or a thought to the entire process.

I made that post in jest because of @GenderNihilismGirdle being all serious in a thread where we bitch about things we don't like :(
    There should be a sarcasm font :smiley:

@Nimran Ironically, Druid is one of my favorite classes.
    Nimran
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    Cards Against Humanity. :-p
    Mush_MushGenderNihilismGirdleBelleSorciere
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Squire said:

Cards Against Humanity. :-p

My sister keeps trying to get me to play Cards Against Humanity. D:
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    BelleSorciere's sister.

Joking! <3
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Vanilla.
    CrevsDaakGenderNihilismGirdlekaguana

Christmas songs on the radio

Make them stop ! MAKE THEM STOP ! ! AAAARRRGGH~ ! ! ! :tired_face:
    ButtercheesemlneveseCrevsDaakAyiekie
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

If they were playing just on the radio... but they are everywhere! It's an invasion!
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaak
    mlnevese said:

If they were playing just on the radio... but they are everywhere! It's an invasion!
    It's getting worse each year. I've even spotted chocolate santas on supermarket shelves this SEPTEMBER ! The horror ! !
    mlneveselolienCrevsDaak
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Just 5 more days and then you won't have to hear them for another year.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    deltago said:

Just 5 more days and then you won't have to hear them for another year.

More like another six months.
    KamigoroshiCrevsDaak
  • IgnatiusReillyIgnatiusReilly Member Posts: 28
    I don't mind most Christmas music...with the exception of Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas Time."

Playing this song ought to be considered an indictable offence punishable by flogging.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Beer.
    Of course there are different kinds and tastes, but the average , usuallly cheaper one people buy at supermarkets neither satisfies my thirst nor gives me a nice buzz.
    semiticgoddess
    The Dark Knight trilogy. I die a little inside whenever I hear someone call it the definitive batman movies.
    SkatanKuronaSquireSanctifer