Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Of course, least I could do after being pleasantly surprised by you still tending to this thread! Hope you're well.
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Doing well mate, hope you are too :)
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2023
    The one and only time I tried adding Dev Crit to an ftr-rdd was in HOTU. I killed the Bebilith, without restoring magic, by tapping in on the nose with my bare hand. Game was so boring, I had to quit soon after and restart. Could make a neat One Punch Man, the game. :)
    rashkae wrote: »
    The one and only time I tried adding Dev Crit to an ftr-rdd was in HOTU. I killed the Bebilith, without restoring magic, by tapping in on the nose with my bare hand. Game was so boring, I had to quit soon after and restart. Could make a neat One Punch Man, the game. :)

:D
  • BlopagolBlopagol Member Posts: 3
    Savant1974 wrote: »
    Ah, found the problem. There was one dialogue path that didn't give you the right script tag. You can get it working with the console:
    ~
    DebugMode 1
    dm_setvarint dockblood 3 (and click on your character)
    DebugMode 0

That should get you back on track!

Thanks for this Savant1974! You are a saint ;)
    o:)
  • GanzamanGanzaman Member Posts: 2
    Hello,i m having a problem entering the throne room in undercity...the guard asks for credentials or if i am a diplomat , so i cannot enter.Also the foreman in the mines 1 just tells me that i shouldnt be here (not giving me the key to proceed)

Any help?
  • GanzamanGanzaman Member Posts: 2
    Ganzaman wrote: »
    Hello,i m having a problem entering the throne room in undercity...the guard asks for credentials or if i am a diplomat , so i cannot enter.Also the foreman in the mines 1 just tells me that i shouldnt be here (not giving me the key to proceed)

Any help?

Problem solved was missing the letter of marque (dont know why) anyway i used the console to spawn it,sorry dont know how to delete the post
    Weird, but good on you for figuring it out B)
  • djoki96djoki96 Member Posts: 6
    Question: are there any unique two-bladed swords in act II (and III beside anarchy) or should I just start upgrading my +2 two bladed sword? I'm playing Weapon master by the way, so using another weapon is out of the question.
    I don't believe I added any special two-bladed weapons in act 2.
    *Checks mod*
    Nope, go ahead and upgrade a standard one :smile:
  • djoki96djoki96 Member Posts: 6
    Got another question. Is the temple quest in act II still Cleric/Paladin/Knight companion only? Because I'm pretty sure I did it last time with Ronan and Valenia as companions. Plus a sorcerer PC.
    I believe it needs either a.companion or a player to be a paladin to qualify, as the reward is a holy avenger which can't be used by anyone else anyway.
    Ironically, the holy avenger is a reward for clearing the demons in the tomb, which anyone can do.
    True, but the sword itself is pegged to the paladin class, so there's that :)
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Needs Sir William, PC with at least 4 cleric levels, or PC with at least 4 paladin levels. Temple wants someone they trust can be discreet about the matter. Ronan might use it for street cred and Valenia will probably sing an epic saga about it in the mead hall.
    Probably yeah! :D
  • PadzonkPadzonk Member Posts: 2
    Hello.

I have a problem after finishing act 2. There's a short cutscene at the end. After which screen go black and I can only Alt+F4. Character isn't exported, so when I try to start Act 3 manually I don't have my recent character progress. Any help ?

rdjdt8acqoj5.png
    Can you start act 3 on its own? If so I have no idea what the problem could be, but you can always save your character just before the cut scene and import it into act 3 which you start separately.
  • PadzonkPadzonk Member Posts: 2
    Can you start act 3 on its own? If so I have no idea what the problem could be, but you can always save your character just before the cut scene and import it into act 3 which you start separately.

Thank you. As I assume this approach won't break something. I mean, everything will be ok/the same as if the game transferred "normally" from act 2 to act 3 ?
    I believe so yes. The Npcs don't cone with you into act three so no problem there.
  • OlivierLerouxOlivierLeroux Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2023
    Hi Savant!

I downloaded the first Chapter of the Aielund Saga via the in-game downloader of the Enhanced Edition today, and I noticed that using the crafting menu opens Kamyrin's Customize Character Override Hak, but in a very outdated version (4.11 vs 8.35) that does not work properly. Kamyrin confirmed that Aielund I & II contain the scripts & dialogue from CCOH 4.11 but not the 2da files and recommended that I open the module in the toolset and delete all scripts starting with “mk_” and the x0_skill_ctrap.dlg, so I can use my own much more up-to-date and better working override of CCOH. But since I downloaded the module in-game and the files are hidden, I can't do that. Wouldn't it make more sense for you or Beamdog to remove these defunct scripts from the curated module in general?
    Yes let Beamdog know about that as they curate the mods now and that sounds like a simple fix.
    An easier way to update CCOH for Aielund is to copy the CCOH file into your Documents/Neverwinter Nights/development folder (You will probably have to create it.).. this will take precedence over the files in the Module/Hak , (but probably a good idea to delete them when not needed, so as to avoid conflicts with other modules.)
    I've sent an updated version of act one to Niv but haven't received a reply yet so not sure what's going on there. In the meantime you can do what rashkae says.
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    I've sent an updated version of act one to Niv but haven't received a reply yet so not sure what's going on there. In the meantime you can do what rashkae says.

Have you received a reply?
    Dwayne wrote: »

Have you received a reply?

Nope :( Does he even work there anymore?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Could be on holiday. Try pm-ing him on the vault. He's an admin on there.

TR
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    Hi, trying to play the first module (on android)
    All the characters I create are smaller (1/2 tall) than expected (es. humans have the size of a hin).
    I've tried to see if there's something about both on general setting and by clicking on the character, but I didn't found anything.
    Any solution?
    Thx!
    That's a new one! I have no idea what would cause your characters to be half normal size. I take it making new characters works fine when not using the Aielund mod? If so, well, that's an interesting problem which I have no idea about the cause of or how to fix it. Sorry! Perhaps someone else has an idea about this?