Skip to content

[mod] Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul

167891012»

Comments

• Shin0b1G6Shin0b1G6 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2023
    Hey, looking to download the mod so I can have Skie in my party, but the usual website and download's not working. Anyone got an alternate link for me?

Update: Nevermind. Weasel.net started working again. as did the download. What a relief.
    Post edited by Shin0b1G6 on
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 270
    edited August 2023
    Had an interesting interaction today- in the process of the fights to free Skie and Yoshimo is wielding Fear of the Void. Got a crit on one of the Infernal Wyrms as they were coming in and...poof! They all died.
  • RagnarokpcRagnarokpc Member Posts: 3
    I've been using this mod along with the Tiax NPC. It had been working fine, but I just got my laptop back from being repaired. I had to reinstall the game and all mods. Now it seems the two NPCs' voices aren't working right. Any ideas what would cause this?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    If you reinstalled it, remember to start a new game. Sadly, you can't just make a new installation and use previous save games. Your save games refer strings (lines) that aren't there or have other values.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    So I know that Skie was written by Lava. Yvette as well.

Skitia maintains a few NPCs.

https://github.com/Skitia/SkitiaNPCs

And here the homepage:

https://skitias-stories.com/

I already suggested to Skitia some time ago to include Yvette,
    since it seems to fit into the girly side of the mod. :D

But, as a wider question or suggestion, would it not make
    sense to kind of "bundle" these NPC mods? Kind of like
    combining all these NPC mods by different people and
    maintain them together AND offer them as complete installation
    kit? Kind of like a meta-installation of such mods.

One benefit of this is for people who want to batch-install
    all these NPC mods rather than download them separately. Note
    that I am NOT suggesting to disable individual downloads per
    se. Ideally a script could be used to automatically combine
    these into a meta-installer mod, so I am not really suggesting
    a change, per se, to how people work on such mods. Anyway, I
    wanted to make this suggestion, perhaps in the future there
    may be a reconsideration of that suggestion.

(I am writing this because I have had installation issues,
    also with Skie; while that may not be the fault of Lava at
    all, I need to narrow down slowly which mods are causing
    issues, and for the time being I moved the Skie mod outside
    of my default install. I keep track of this via a .yml file
    and a few scripts then help me repackage and reorganise
    things. Right now I am still fairly clueless as to what
    belongs where to, but I am reasonable certain that once I
    understand that DSL weidu uses better, I should be more
    easily able to change and modify stuff on my own. But first
    I want to have a clean installation base as much as that
    is possible.)
    We are different authors with different mods, different ideas, and styles. I am not interested in creating any "bundles", I wouldn't want to decide what should come with mod X or Y and I wouldn't want others to decide how my mods should be shipped.

Skitia maintains her mods, and I maintain mine. She is a great modder, but I bet we create in a bit different way and that's great. We however are in touch and our mods were tested together, I think we can say we both have quite some experience, and there are no incompatibilities we know of. That doesn't mean any of us is going to suddenly maintain each other work.

So no. Let me also add that writing to other modders that perhaps she should include mods of some other active author in her own NPC pack is beyond bizarre and puts both modders in a really weird position.
  • MoonySolariMoonySolari Member Posts: 3
    Some spelling/grammar nitpicks:
    "Eddard Shildershield's Bracers"

"I foung these bracers and... they have a name engraved on them... Eddard Silvershield"

"Skie, you are swift and... weren't you taught dance?" should be "weren't you taught to dance?"

All sentences in L#SD01.TRA need punctuation, as well as the line that Nem says just before starting the trial.

Also, in EET, Skie does not seem to be continuous from BG1. I gave her a tome in BG1 and her stats are unchanged when I find her in BG2.
    Thanks. Will look at the typos (etc) when I have a moment.

As for the EET - I never stated she is continuous, to be honest. EET was never this mod's "main platform". As I stated before, I do not use EET myself. And sorry, but that is not a feature I am planning to include.

I hope that even though, the mod will bring you some fun! Cheers!
  • MoonySolariMoonySolari Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. Pity no giving her the INT tome and using Machine of Lum the Mad on her to dual to mage then...

Also, she doesn't have a "bag's full" sound? Or maybe she has but it's not working?
    edited December 2023
    There are tons of mods, and some of them add tomes. I added some, I'm sure. I don't remember if those of INT were among them, but I am sure that if not me, then someone else added them somewhere.
    Also, she doesn't have a "bag's full" sound? Or maybe she has but it's not working?
    There is a chance there is no such sound. I spent much time cutting her SoD audio files to create this soundset, but it's not like there was a line for everything and her BG1 sounds are of much different quality and they were standing out quite a bit, so I've decided to use only her SoD files.

EDIT:
    I checked: yes, there are two tomes in my mods - one in Southern Edge and one in The Bloodied Stings of Barovia. I won't tell their exact locations as I don't want to spoil too much.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    I don't use EET myself. So when I use a tome on an NPC in BG1 and that NPC is recruited in BG2, I just console in the relevant tome(s) to adjust the stats appropriately. (If you can use EEKeeper, that's an option as well.)