Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

1356779

Comments

  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    You do not detect evil from anyone in this room.

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtaterslolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,571
    "Ooh sounds fun, but after the last time, I vote for a night to rest and plan."

    NimranmashedtaterslolienShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    ThacoBell said:

    *Fiora quietly casts detect evil while Roan is distracted with the barkeep*

    Fiora: Stealth check: 10+2=12 (success)


    Roan seems to have not noticed Fiora casting the spell.

    ThacoBellmashedtaterslolienShandyr
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,125
    Skatan said:

    Vaga has listened to the replies of Roan and deemed him trustworthy. His reply of steppign up and helping when the mayor didn't made him immediately trust Roan, so he has no doubt.

    "Rest, do we really? Let's head out right now! We can rest while we walk. The soothing feeling of wandering on and on even after you get tired is magnificent. The pleasurable agony of ache and pain and torment pushed aside by resolve, determination and PURPOSE!" The last word is said with fervor and high-strung passion and Vaga holds up his clenched fist in the air for even further emphasis. He then proceeds to look around him, sure as always that he speaks for everyone and expecting them all to nod and agree with him.

    He especially looks at Fi, feeling he has a kindred spirit in the feisty lass.

    ThacoBell said:

    "Ooh sounds fun, but after the last time, I vote for a night to rest and plan."

    “Oh no, not again!” whines Guston. “My feet still hurt and so does my tummy...”

    “Where can we find some supplies?” he asks Roan. “I think a may need a new weapon.”

    ThacoBellNimranShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,063
    Nimran said:

    “None of you are familiar with this land, correct? If you’d like, I can arrange for a guide to help you avoid any unpleasantness as you travel.”

    "You are correct, and we accept your assistance in this, we would need more time to find a guide and that would mean further delay. You can find us here tomorrow, or we can meet elsewhere if you prefare that."

    “Where can we find some supplies?” he asks Roan. “I think a may need a new weapon.”

    "Yes, we will need to gather other supplies as well before we leave."

    ThacoBellNimranmashedtatersShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    Roan claps his hands and says “Wonderful! I’m glad there are people like you in the world. You can get your supplies and equipment at my shop, the Satchel and Anvil. It has everything a fledgling adventuring party needs, made by the finest craftsmen in the region! I guarantee it! You can find it right in the middle of town, a large building with a red roof. Head there whenever you need to refill your stocks or replace faulty equipment. As for the guide, I don’t believe she would like me waking her up at this hour, but if you come in the morning, I will have her ready for you.” He gives you all a polite bow and heads back outside.

    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    Does anybody have anything they want to do before we move on to the next day?

    Skatanmashedtaters
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,571
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 4,673
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,125
    I am good too! Guston is oh soooo tired. Waaaaah!

    NimranThacoBellSkatan
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,063
    Kaled drinks his wine, then stand up and start for his room.
    "Good night everyone. "

    mashedtatersSkatanShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    After finishing your meals and drinks, Dorin leads you up a set of stairs to each of your rooms, and you get a good night’s sleep. In the morning you wake up and prepare for the day the usual way before heading downstairs. Upon heading downstairs, you see that Dorin isn’t at the bar. Instead, there are two people at the bar who seem to be employed there, a tall, blond Half-elf man and a young human woman with red hair. They are both dressed as you would expect an inn’s staff to be dressed. They seem to be discussing something, though you currently can’t hear what they’re saying. As you enter the lobby, the man looks over at you and says with a smile “Thanks for staying with us, friends! Please, have a seat. Breakfast will be ready shortly.” The woman also looks over at you and smiles as she adds “Feel free to let me know if you need anything.” They then turn back and resume their conversation.

    lolienThacoBellSkatanShandyr
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 4,673
    Vaga sits down next to an empty table, big enough for the full group, but instead of sitting on a chair he sits down on the floor next to it. He waits for the rest of the group to join him at the table. He looks around the inn and stares intensely on all the details, the sights, the sounds, the smells.

    Shandyr
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,125
    Guston walks down, his hair plastered to his pockmarked, scabby face, s grumpy expression in his face.

    “I miss my comfy priest bed,” he whines. “Fiora, how long before i get redeemed? Chauntea denied me spells again today, and I don’t know why... This life of adventure isn’t all it’s cracked up to be...”

    Suddenly noticing Vaga’s intense concentration so early in the morning startles him out of his grogginess, and he looks a little warily at the high-strung posture. “What are you doing?” he asks the dwarf monk.

    ThacoBelllolienSkatanShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,063
    Kaled wakes up right after sunrise, and go for a walk in the village. He is looking around, searching for smitheries, but tries to capture other details as well.

    ThacoBellSkatanmashedtatersShandyr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 9,571
    *Fiora perks up and devours breakfast as soon as it is served*

    NimranSkatanmashedtatersShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    After a few minutes, the red-haired woman starts carrying out trays filled with food to each of the tables. She sets a tray down in front of Fiora and Guston, and hands Vaga some bread and cheese when he asks. The dish is, as Vaga said, bacon, as well as two large slices of some kind of meat that exudes a pleasant smell. Vaga recognizes the smell from when he was scanning the lobby before.

    So the group eats their meal. What do they do next?

    SkatanThacoBelllolienShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,063
    Nimran said:

    “So... your companions aren’t with you, so I assume you are here for something besides the quest. What can the Satchel and Anvil provide for you today?”

    "The others will arrive soon too i think, i'm sure Vaga will not let them waste their time at the inn for a long time.

    The thing is, i'm intrested not just in the using, but in the crafting of weapons. I'm intrested in unusual processing methods and in exotic weapons. If you have any magical weapon by any chance, that would be something i like to see too.

    Now i must admit, that i don't have too much of a wealth right now, but it's always good to know, what for to save up the money."

    To tell the truth, Kaled would like to make his own magical weapon. The target is a returning throwing dagger with electrical damage and stun effect, but he is on the beginning of his experiments, at the moment a sword with some minor enchantement/ elemental damage would be a great achievement for him.

    mashedtatersNimranThacoBellShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,842
    Roan looks at Kaled ponderously for a moment, then says “Hmm, well, we don’t usually go around telling people about our techniques unless they were to, say, take up an apprenticeship with the desired craftsman. If you wish to sign up for such a program, I can have a contract ready in a moment. Of course, you will also need to convince the craftsman that you are worth teaching.” He glances over at the red-haired man at the forge.

    “As for magical weapons, aye, we have a good number of them in stock. We don’t put them on display, to prevent thieves from trying to steal them, but they are here. What kind of magical weapon are you looking for, exactly? We have magical longswords, shortswords, daggers, spears, bows, and just about any other kind of typical weapon. The price is understandably high for these items. A longsword with a basic enchantment will sell for 1150 gp. A shortsword sells for 750. A dagger sells for 450. We also take special orders for more unique items, but those will easily cost several thousand to make, as well taking a number of days depending on the item’s design and the enchantment used.”

    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersShandyr
Sign In or Register to comment.