Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

13468979

Comments

  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 3,844
    edited May 2018
    Vaga thanks Guston for his swift aid with freeing the captives from their restraints with a firm fist bump on Guston's shoulde. His mighty monks fist can crush through platemail but alas, this strenght had apparently not reached his teeth yet. He made a promise to himself that he would chew on wood and metal every night from now on until his teeth could grind down stone! And then, in the future after he has found what it is he is searching for, he could start his own monk order - The Order of the Sharp Teeth. Ahem, he quickly puts such thoughts into his mental cabinet and focuses back to the tasks at hand.

    Vaga approaches the surrendered orcs and speak in a tutoring and fatherly voice; "Friends! Too long have you been astray from the true path, too long have you lived like savages, filthy cockroaches rummaging around in the excrement of the world. Rise up, I say, RISE into new and glorious beings. Set aside your aggression, your lust for carnage and pillage and embrace that talking is a better solution than fighting. Do as I do and chose trust over mistrust, benevolence over malevolence. Go now, and do good. Help your fellow humanoids, suppress your aggression and let it be replaced with calmness, tranquility and.. and... and calmness!"

    Vaga looks at the orcs, he has a very strong feeling that he is indeed reaching their hearts with his magnificent wisdom. Did anyone notice he stuttered a little there at the end? No. He was sure noone noticed. He feels a slight sting of shame that perhaps he should have listened to the Masters of his order a little more so he had better remember their teachings. Bah.. but what did they know anyways, they couldn't help find what he was looking for. He will help these orcs find theirs though, he was sure of it!

    He adresses the scorpionman and the halfling now; "You can release these orcs now. They will leave in peace now that I have teached them the proper ways and the folly of their actions."

    Vaga walks away from the orcs, but before he has come to far, he unbuckles his club, turn around and tosses it to the front orc. "Here, so that you can defend yourself if the need arises."

    He then continue moving towards to Kaled. He too want to hear what the captives have to say about the attack and the caravan shipment.

    lolienmashedtatersThacoBellShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,859
    Again, Kaled has that bad feeling, that this went way too easy. But he too can be lucky one day right?

    "Vaga, i suggest you to pick up that club. The orcs would think you try to trick them in attacking us just to kill them after. Or... well, maybe that's a good plan, just leave that club right there."

    Kaled then turns to the odd halfling and his even odder companion again. "So for who we can thank the help we got?"

    NimranSkatanmashedtatersShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,824
    edited May 2018
    @lolien It does seem a little too easy, doesn’t it? :smile:

    SkatanlolienThacoBellmashedtaters
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,859
    Surely we are just lucky :D

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtaters
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,824
    With the horses and freed caravan workers with you, you make your way to the large tent. It is easy to find the materials, as they are quite large. The workers get started hauling away the materials. However, you see more than just the materials in the tent. Inside you find 30 gp, an inidentified magical belt, and a scroll of Detect Evil*.

    *such a useful, yet underused spell. :smile:

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtaterslolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,028
    *Fiora waves goodbye and bounces back to the group. She falls in close to the rescued, seemingly more energized than even the night before*

    NimranSkatanmashedtatersShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,824
    Guston: Perception check: 1+2=3


    Guston searches the tents as the others start loading materials onto the horses. Unfortunately, he finds nothing of value, not even a spare dagger.

    When you all finally finish loading up the horses, you can see that the sun has set. Night falls over the camp, and you notice dark clouds forming overhead. The large man, who introduces himself as Nate the caravan master, walks up to the party and says “Welp, we got the horses loaded, but it looks like a storm is coming. We should all probably just pick a tent and wait it out. We won’t get far in the rain.”

    ThacoBellmashedtaterslolienShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,824
    @Skatan Yes, that is how these mechanics work. If one player’s check succeeds, other characters don’t necessarily share the result. In some cases, such as Vaga’s critical success in the inn, Vaga alone received that information, because Vaga is the only one who made the check. Vaga can then choose to share this information with the party if he wants, and they receive the information he relays to them. If one character makes a successful check and hasn’t shared the information received by the successful check, then no other member of the party would realistically know about it unless they make a check themselves to get that information. I am terribly sorry, I should have explained this at the beginning but it slipped my mind.

    ThacoBellSkatanlolienmashedtaters
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,824
    Kaled scribes the Detect Evil scroll and casts the spell. Every member of the caravan lights up in his vision.

    mashedtatersThacoBellShandyr
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 3,844
    "Kaled, what do you see?" Vaga asks with an inquisitive voice.

    NimranmashedtatersThacoBellShandyr
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 3,844
    edited May 2018
    @Nimran Thanks for the info. I'll adjust from here so I follow your rules. But no worries, I should have asked earlier as well, but I was just into Rik's way of doing things which was very much about the narrative rather than rolls. But let's just do it correctly from here :)

    NimranmashedtatersThacoBell
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 1,824
    Guston, having sensed something is going on just as he is about to get ready for bed, looks at his companions as they converse.

    “What?” he asks dumbly, scratching his face.

    ThacoBellNimranShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,824
    As you are all talking, Nate walks up and says “Well, friends, what do you say we all get some sleep? You all seem tired. One of our boys can stand watch, so you can go on and get some shut-eye.”

    lolienThacoBellmashedtatersShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,859
    "Well, you areright. We all deserved a good sleep after this day. But don't worry about the night watch, the captivity must surely more tiresome, than our uneventful track. We are more rested and we share the duty amongst us."
    Kaled tell his discovery to the others, he tries not to alert the caravan members the best he can.
    "Interesting. It seems, that our newly escaped friens are not entirely honest to us. They are not the peaceful people that they show themselves. Or maybe i'm just new with this spell. Fiora, can you confirm our suspicion?"

    NimranThacoBellmashedtatersShandyr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,028
    "Sure thing, Kaled."

    *Fiora casts detect evil*

    NimranSkatanmashedtatersShandyr
13468979
Sign In or Register to comment.