Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Harbingers: Throne of the Undying

1235779

Comments

  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,823
    As you look through the remains of the caravan, you find that there is nothing aside from the wagons themselves left. The caravan was picked clean.

    ThacoBellSkatanShandyr
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 1,824
    Guston looks a little insulted at Miranda’s rebuttal and mutters something about ungrateful wenches, and laments for his past glory days.

    Then he turns to Fiora and says, “Right. Good works, and all that. It’s my duty to help you, I suppose.

    “Could you do me a favor when the fighting starts, though? You stay in front. I’ll be the battle commander. Or maybe I’ll strike from the shadows. You know, like an assassin, not a beggar. This can be a chance to put my begging days behind me. Yes, the more I think about it, the better I like it. Striking from the shadows like an assassin. I got to play to my strengths, you understand. Won’t do any of us much good if I get killed on our first adventure!”

    Guston gives a somewhat hysterical and forced nervous laugh and fidgets nervously with his mace. He looks over his shoulder fearfully as he reluctantly follows Fiora and the lovely young Miranda towards the hills.

    SkatanlolienThacoBellShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2018
    "Stop trying to court the girls Guston. I think you'll be more charming for them, if you talk less. However i agree with sending them front, that way we can get a nice sight from the back."

    Sorry for misspelling your name Guston, Disney has too much influence on me.

    Post edited by lolien on
    NimranSkatanThacoBellShandyr
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 3,803
    Vaga elegantly jumps of his horse, finally standing on the ground again. Apparently this ranger creature and the scorpi-man aren't hostile, he thinks to himself. He raises an arm and waves in the universal way of saying "Hello!" and says in a kind voice; "Hello!".

    Vaga stares at the halfling and the scorpi-man while doing this, assessing their strenghts and weaknesses, class, age and armor and weapons. He assumes the scorpi-man is some kind of druid base on the lightning attacks and that the halfling is some kind of ranger due him having both a hound and two wolves. An odd pair, those two he also thinks to himself while watching them.

    He also approaches the pair in a non-hostile way, hoping his fellow comrades are right behind him. As he starts walking, he turns his head back and says "Let's go down and talk to them. Maybe you Fi can do the talking, being all charming?".

    As he approaches, he slightly tucks free his club from the girdle, so that he can quickly equip it should the need arise.

    lolienNimranThacoBellShandyr
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 1,824
    Skatan said:


    Edit; btw @mashedtaters, it's funny how you keep refering to my well-clothed dwarf as naked, hehe.. he has a pants and a tunic, so he's not really naked :) He has no armor though, being monk and getting the WIS bonus to AC.
    Lol.

    @Skatan
    Just re-read your description. I thought he was shirtless, I missed the reference to the tunic. I have been picturing this monk with nothing but breeches and wrappings on his legs this whole time. :D :D

    I guess it’s still sort of applicable. Any dwarf without 5 metric tons of metal on him is nekked!!

    Perhaps Guston will continue to call him naked... :*

    lolienNimranSkatanThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,000
    *Fiora walks up to the ranger, eyeing his hound to the side, she wonders if it would be safe to pet*

    "We are looking for some missing people from a caravan, have you seen any by chance?"

    SkatanNimranmashedtatersShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,823
    The saint bernard walks up to Fiora, sensing her interest, and licks her face. He is her size, so this isn’t hard. Mounted on top of him, the halfling smiles brightly at this. “Well, Butter seems to trust you! Yep, I saw them. They are being held captive.”

    He looks over at Vaga and says “The camp is over that way.” He points over his shoulder. “If you want to go there, don’t just charge in. There are still a lot of orcs inside.”

    The scorpionman scoffs at this and says “Some were born to hide. I was born to hunt. Stay out of the way when the fighting starts so you don’t end up skewered by an orc spear.” He looks at Vaga and says “Aye, that one. The only orc king in the region. You must be new here.” He smirks as he says this.

    The halfling speaks up next. “If you’re going to free the people held captive, you should do it while you have some cover. Luckily, we’re here. We’ll keep the orcs distracted for you.” “Or dead,” the scorpionman interrupts. “I prefer dead. Gives me something to do.”

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtatersShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,850
    "Well, let's go then. We will help in the fight too, if we can."

    SkatanThacoBellmashedtatersShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,850
    Kaled whispers to himself "This goes too easy and smoothly, hope we don't do any fatal mistake."

    "Everyone, pick a captive!" tells he to the others and go to free one immediately.

    ThacoBellNimranmashedtatersShandyr
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,000
    *Fiora rushes to stay near the front of her companions. She might not have a head for tactics, but she is brave*

    NimranmashedtaterslolienShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,823
    You make your way through the camp and come across the captives. They are tied up with ropes and fearfully glancing about, trying to figure out what’s going on. They spot you coming out of the mist and instinctively try to back away from you as you approach. The wolves hang back so that they don’t scare the captives.

    lolienmashedtatersThacoBellShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,850
    Kaled steps to the first captive and start to cut the ropes with his dagger.
    "Keep calm, Roan sent us, we are here to free you."
    "Are you able to run?"

    mashedtatersNimranThacoBellShandyr
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 1,824
    edited May 2018
    Skatan said:

    Vaga, having no knife or other sharp object, starts to chew of another captives ropes with his teeth.

    @Skatan Bwahahahah!!! :D :D :D :D literal laugh out loud during break at a long day at work!


    “Whoah!! Hold on a minute, V-V-Vaga!” says Guston in surprise, stuttering a little through his lingering fear. “Here, I’ll help you c-cut them free and you help them e-escape, sound good? It will be more efficient that way...

    “First you walk around naked and then you try to chew through someone’s bonds...” Guston absently scratches his rash and, despite the seriousness of the moment, looks on the dwarf with a sort of newfound respect and fondness, despite his chide. He finds himself wishing he had that kind of singleminded commitment, though he hopes it wouldn’t go to such extremes.

    Guston proceeds to work together with Vaga to rescue the prisoners. Strangely enough, he finds himself much more calm now.

    lolienSkatanThacoBellShandyr
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,823
    Upon seeing your intentions to help, the captives calm down, and you quickly cut them free. With a quick and silent “Thank you,” they start running back the way you came. Miranda leads them out to safety.

    It isn’t much longer when the sounds of fighting cease. As the fog finally clears, you can see the camp clearly. The bodies of many orcs are lying dead on the ground, and you can see in the center of the camp that the halfling and scorpionman have rounded up the rest, who appear to have surrendered. They are currently discussing the fate of their own captives. “Do you think the orc king will take them back?” The halfling asked. “Possibly,” answered the scorpionman. “If only so he can execute them himself. There is no fun in slaughtering helpless creatures, so I don’t care what we do with them.”

    “Hmm,” The halfling ponders to himself as he sees you. A smile returns to his face, and he waves. “Did you find everything and everyone you were looking for?” he asks.

    lolienSkatanThacoBellShandyr
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,850
    Kaled turns to the freshly freed persons.
    "Could you tell us shortly what happened? If there were others with the caravan, and where is the shipment?"

    SkatanThacoBellShandyr
Sign In or Register to comment.