Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

What technology/spell/magic item from sci-fi/fantasy worlds you would NEVER use if they existed?

mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,203
edited August 2018 in Off-Topic
You know sometimes we're reading a story/watching a movie or series and then we see something that makes us go "That would be cool if it was real". But there are some things that, after giving some thought you conclude that there's no way you'd ever use in real life.

Let me give an example... Star Trek teleportation. It's cool, isn't it? You just disappear from point A and reappear in point B in no time. Well except for the fact it's not you, it's a copy. The original "you" was disintegrated by the machine that instantly created an exact copy somewhere else. Even the series acknowledges this in that episode where Commander Riker's teleportation flow is deflected in a planet's atmosphere and in the end there are two Rikers, one aboard the Enterprise and another one on the planet's surface. Seriously I'm not in such a hurry to get anywhere to accept being murdered and duplicated. I'll go by shuttle if nobody has any problem with that :)

Post edited by mlnevese on
ThacoBelldeltagoSkatanSorcererV1ct0rgorgonzola

Comments