Skip to content

[v2.5.0] OlvynSpells: 150 New Spells for BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE and EET

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    @GraionDilach
    INFO: LPRINT: [string "M__MEFUN.lua"]:584: attempt to compare nil with number
    stack traceback:
            M__MEFUN.lua:584: in function 'EEex_GetActorIDShare'
            M__MEFUN.lua:13755: in function <[string "M__MEFUN.lua"]:13752>
            (...tail calls...)
            @d:\Baldur's Gate - ProjectInfinity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:701: in function 'callProjectileMutatorFunc'
            @d:\Baldur's Gate - ProjectInfinity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:628: in function 'EEex_Projectile_Private_ProcessMutatorFunctions'
            @d:\Baldur's Gate - ProjectInfinity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:718: in function <...finity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:695>
    INFO: LPRINT: [string "M__MEFUN.lua"]:584: attempt to compare nil with number
    stack traceback:
            M__MEFUN.lua:584: in function 'EEex_GetActorIDShare'
            M__MEFUN.lua:13755: in function <[string "M__MEFUN.lua"]:13752>
            (...tail calls...)
            @d:\Baldur's Gate - ProjectInfinity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:701: in function 'callProjectileMutatorFunc'
            @d:\Baldur's Gate - ProjectInfinity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:628: in function 'EEex_Projectile_Private_ProcessMutatorFunctions'
            @d:\Baldur's Gate - ProjectInfinity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:718: in function <...finity\Baldur's Gate II EET\override\EEex_Projectile.lua:695>

OlvynSpells 2.3.0 on EEEx 0.9.18.

Is it crashing? I did test the spells right before I released the current version, and I don't remember it crashing from something like this.

I'm pretty sure the part of the code that's getting those errors is not relevant to this mod (it's for another of my mods). I'll look into it, but I think the spells should still work.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    It's not crashing, it's just constantly being spammed to the console - because I couldn't get a stable 30 FPS on my last setup in Candlekeep with my Ryzen 3600x. I'm currently rebuilding my install without OlvynSpells now to fully confirm this being the source of my lag.

@Bubb saidf that messages spammed to the console could cause lagspikes and I managed to silence this one but even then, it was spammed way too many times and I wonder if you really need to look things up each frame or so.
    The first post coulda mention that unlike default spellmods which would need to be installed before kits, ClassSpellTool-based mods and OlvynSpells needs to come after kits, in order to allow mod-added kits to learn the new spells.
    The first post coulda mention that unlike default spellmods which would need to be installed before kits, ClassSpellTool-based mods and OlvynSpells needs to come after kits, in order to allow mod-added kits to learn the new spells.

That's something I could fix. The ClassSpellTool used to have functionality where if you had EEex installed it could detect kits installed later which didn't use the tool. I disabled that functionality at some point because I hadn't yet made my mods compatible with EEex, but by this point I could probably re-enable it.
    Summon Kobold: The Kobold ends up with a broken AI (MEAMELEE.BCS is missing) and with it's items being droppable.
    Summon Kobold: The Kobold ends up with a broken AI (MEAMELEE.BCS is missing) and with it's items being droppable.

Simple enough to fix.
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
    edited February 2023
    Thank you @OlvynChuru for making your great mod work with the 2.6 version of the game! I have an issue with the jump spell. After casting the spell the special ability appears in the correct menu for it. When i select it first, and then click somewhere near the character on the map, he moves like he's casting a spell and in the console it reads that the character is "unaffected by the effects of jump." I did install the latest release of eeex and for example the spell Ghostwalk works normally.
    EDIT: Fly spell works normally also
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @maick90
    Just so you know, some maps prevent use of certain OlvynSpells like fly or jump.
    @Endarire is it on purpose? Does it mean it is working as intended? I tried jump spell on Waukeen's promenade and the docks of athkatla, it didn't work in either. Fly spell did work in the docks district, didn't try it anywhere else.
    @Maick90

Some maps like Candlekeep and Wyrm's Crossing intentionally prevent these spells. I'm unsure which maps.
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    Would it be possible to separate the installation of new spells into components, or at least separate the HLAs from the spells? This is mostly for compatibility sake, as there are other mods that provide similar things (plenty of mods have their own armored casting/thieving tweaks, Skills & Abilities has Great [ability] HLAs, and I think Artisan's gives the cavalier kit a duel skill)
    @Connelly
    Connelly wrote: »
    Would it be possible to separate the installation of new spells into components, or at least separate the HLAs from the spells? This is mostly for compatibility sake, as there are other mods that provide similar things (plenty of mods have their own armored casting/thieving tweaks, Skills & Abilities has Great [ability] HLAs, and I think Artisan's gives the cavalier kit a duel skill)

Separating the HLAs is fine. Separating every spell into its own component is not such a good idea, as there are almost 150 spells. There's no need for players to go through almost 150 single-spell components when they could just install a single one (sure, someone could just choose to install all the components, but that defeats the point of separating them in the first place).
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 70
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Separating the HLAs is fine. Separating every spell into its own component is not such a good idea, as there are almost 150 spells. There's no need for players to go through almost 150 single-spell components when they could just install a single one (sure, someone could just choose to install all the components, but that defeats the point of separating them in the first place).
    Oh no, not every spell on its own, that would be ridiculous of course. If anything something like "wizard spells" and "cleric spells", or "reasonable spells" and "overpowered spells", two or three components acting as an umbrella for a group of spells.
    @Connelly
    Connelly wrote: »
    Oh no, not every spell on its own, that would be ridiculous of course. If anything something like "wizard spells" and "cleric spells", or "reasonable spells" and "overpowered spells", two or three components acting as an umbrella for a group of spells.

This mod already gives you a choice whether or not to install the overpowered spells.
  • heatcliffheatcliff Member Posts: 26
    ducw3q7yzdce.jpg
    ı have trouble spell description and spell name
    heatcliff wrote: »
    ducw3q7yzdce.jpg

also spells do not match their descriptions.
    edited February 2023
    @heatcliff
    ducw3q7yzdce.jpg

The spells whose names aren't displaying correctly were not added by this mod. What other spell mods are you using?
    edited February 2023
    @heatcliff
    ducw3q7yzdce.jpg

The spells whose names aren't displaying correctly were not added by this mod. What other spell mods are you using?

I have installed first by b_spell and spell revision but Uninstall them, i still face the same problem
    @heatcliff

So which spells don't have names or descriptions after you uninstalled those two spell mods? Show me another screenshot.
    edited February 2023
    @heatcliff

So which spells don't have names or descriptions after you uninstalled those two spell mods? Show me another screenshot.

I have uninstalled this installion but ı guess spell describtion overwrite spell names ,I'm trying again now to install on my pv without errors

What order do you think I should install it? eeuitweks,ascension,Unfinished bussines,scs iwd spells , b_spells, me spells,spell rev
    edited February 2023
    there is no problem when using this install order on pc, I didnt test on my android device

edit:

Also, there is no problem with android.
    May we get a full list of maps that block fly, jump, etc.?

Thankee!
    edited February 2023
    @Endarire
    Endarire wrote: »
    May we get a full list of maps that block fly, jump, etc.?

Thankee!

In Baldur's Gate 1:
    Candlekeep (only the outdoor map)
    Wyrm's Crossing

In Siege of Dragonspear:
    Boarskyr Bridge
    Dragonspear Castle (both the outdoor map and the indoor map that has the portal)

In Icewind Dale:
    Barbarian Camp (only the outdoor map)
    Castle Maluradek (the first floor)

There are none in Baldur's Gate 2, but there are two areas where I made a minor tweak to avoid problems.

In the first floor of Spellhold, if you go through the wall into Irenicus's room before he steals your soul, his second journal (which mentions him stealing your soul) won't be there; it will only appear after he steals your soul.

In Amkethran, the door to Balthazar's chamber (not the gate; the door on the cliff that you're normally not supposed to access until you beat Abazigal and Sendai) is normally unlocked; this mod locks it until you beat Abazigal and Sendai.

The purpose of these tweaks is not to prevent sequence breaking, but to prevent breaking the plot. Baldur's Gate 2 has quite a few magically locked doors that are just an arbitrary way to make you complete certain parts of a dungeon first (e.g. in the Windspear Hills dungeon, the game makes you fight through a bunch of undead to get a key to a door, but there isn't really any harm done by just skipping that and going through the door while incorporeal). The main issue is when characters behind a magically locked door reference events that were supposed to happen in the process of unlocking it but which you skipped.

It's quite possible I missed certain areas that also need to be flagged to block flying/teleportation, but I can absolutely update the list in a future update. Also note that this mod currently doesn't include any way to bypass magically locked doors that are linked to an area transition (e.g. the gate to the drow city in Baldur's Gate 2), so those areas don't necessarily need to be flagged.

Also, I was considering bringing in another teleportation-blocking system I developed for Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition. In IWD2EE, there are certain areas where instead of flying, incorporeal travel, and teleportation being completely disabled, they just don't let you travel between certain sections of the area. This is done via a special .bmp file for each applicable area. Here is the one for the Eight Chambers (I converted it to a .png because this forum no longer lets you insert .bmp images). Teleportation between regions of different colors will not work except through scripted events.

45mrpoll8llz.png

I could do the same for the areas in other games (e.g. in Candlekeep, you wouldn't be able to teleport in or out of the walls, but you could still teleport or fly around within the keep itself).
    I prefer this revised version of special movement (flight, etc.)

Thankee!
    I did a clean reinstall of the game and mods. I also installed the newest version of EEex. Still the jump-spell doesn't work.
    @Maick90 Did you install EEex before OlvynSpells? (I assume so.) Try recording your screen and sharing this video so the world can see your result. Also show us your WeiDU.LOG and what map you're on. (The default key to show position and map is X.)

(As an aside, Bubb updated EEex again! Alleluia! Maybe this is all we need for OlvynSpells to fully update.)
    edited March 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Maick90 Did you install EEex before OlvynSpells? (I assume so.) Try recording your screen and sharing this video so the world can see your result. Also show us your WeiDU.LOG and what map you're on. (The default key to show position and map is X.)

(As an aside, Bubb updated EEex again! Alleluia! Maybe this is all we need for OlvynSpells to fully update.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4zHEeK4378

I installed EEex first. I attached the weidu.log as a .txt file, because i couldn't upload it as .log. Map is BG2600, but based on my quick test, this happens in every area.
    May we get a video of you casting jump in Beregost for confirmation?

Thankee!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPVJ8TWAxg

I'm really sorry, i read the comment about the areas that you can't use the spell, but didn't think it through while making the video :smiley: In the new video i simply used the console to move the character to beregost BG3300. It now gives the ability in special abilities, but doesn't work still.
    @OlvynChuru
    Based on what Maick posted, jump seems bugged.