Skip to content

Your favorite quote (Spoilers)

Comments

• simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    okay so sorry for resurrecting this but:

"WHAT THE WHAT? Strangers in our midst?"
  • AlbinoWyvernAlbinoWyvern Member Posts: 32
    I don't have the exact quote, but there was this person in the Temple district complaining that even after donating to Lathander and Helm, his shop was still burned down... by Talos's worshippers.
  • MaxanderMaxander Member Posts: 18
    Someone will most likely already brought up this one but still:

"Why do you stand for this? Why do you submit to the flesh, when death is bred in your bones?"
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @AlbinoWyvern
    "It just isn't fair... I donate coin to Lathander for prosperity and Helm for protection... and then the Talassans come and burn down my shop!"
  • AlbinoWyvernAlbinoWyvern Member Posts: 32
    Tresset said:

@AlbinoWyvern
    "It just isn't fair... I donate coin to Lathander for prosperity and Helm for protection... and then the Talassans come and burn down my shop!"

Perfect, thanks! I actually have a bunch of screenshots made of my favourite quotes (including this one), but they're all in Polish, so I can't post them here. ;;

Tresset said:

@AlbinoWyvern

Perfect, thanks! I actually have a bunch of screenshots made of my favourite quotes (including this one), but they're all in Polish, so I can't post them here. ;;

I always copy my quotes from NearInfinity so I make sure I get them right. :)

Krumm is funny!

"Uhhh... yeah."
    "Duhhhhhhh..."
    "What?"
    "Huh?"
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    Not so much a specific quote, but out of all the characters, Jaheira's battle cries are by far my favorite.

"FOR THE FALLEN!"

"NATURE, TAKE THE LIFE SHE GAVE!"

"FALL CREATURE AND FEED THE EARTH!"
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    There's a rare line you can hear from the Paladins who help you fight Bodhi.

"Justice shall be swift and final"

It's not just the words, but the voice. Same goes for the Planetars and Devas.

"I shall prevail"

"The light will fall before me"

Not sure what that last one means.
    edited March 2015
    "I am your instinct, yet you deny me?! Fight me within your own mind?! I should devour you! How do you stand?! I sense your soul... It has taken form to guide from within! You are strange among your kin!" ~Bhaal(?)

It's not just the words, but the voice. Same goes for the Planetars and Devas.

"I shall prevail"

"The light will fall before me"

Not sure what that last one means.

Hmm, perhaps it means something similar to "The light of justice shall fall upon those before me!" As in the planetar is not trying to kill the light itself, but rather to bring the force of the light to bear upon its enemies? The way it is worded is a bit ambiguous.
    Dialog option number 1 must be selected at least once per playthrough. Too funny to resist.

Naten said:

Amphitheater Guard: Who goes there?

Charname: I am Charname. I understand the Borrokin Quilting League is meeting here tonight?

Amphitheater Guard: You've been misinformed.

Charname: Walk with care here, my friend. None shall keep us from our quilting.

Amphitheater Guard: Enough of your nonsense. Begone!

Charname: Aw, come on, don't be that way. I'll be good. Promise.

Amphitheater Guard: I said begone.

Charname: Alright, I'm going. But know this: You've made a powerful enemy this night. Verrrry Powerful.

How did I miss that one?
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    "When I'm good, I'm very, very good...But, when I'm bad, I'm better."

"Only shallow people don't judge by appearance."

"Stay back, your kneecaps are at me mercy!"

"Take that, you turnip-hatin' scum!"
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    'home sweet home! wait... I don't live here'
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    Not actually the topfavorite but all my favorite quotes were already mentioned :)

"You have problems? How do you think I FEEL?! HUH? CHARNAME! What were they THINKING?! HUH? HA HUH?! WHAT?!"
    (c) CHARNAME about her name.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Right click on Deidre three times and she makes the most delightful little snarl.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    When you talk with the small girl called Farthing on the Island from Legends of the Sword Coast Expansion and you pick the following option in conversation, my favorite banter starts.

CHARNAME: I believe that animals should be cherished and admired, not hunted and killed.
    Farthing: You're weird. What would we eat?
    Options given:
    1. There is an enchanted bush in Shaar that grows a strange and wonderful food called Tofufruit. Should you find that unappealing, there is mystic Couscous and holy Bean Sprouts. Theses and other wonderful, bland foods await one who renounces the flesh of innocent animals.
    2. Vegetables and mayhaps some fish, but that's it.
    Farthing: You are weird.

Though it betrays a certain attitude of the original developers toward vegetarians, that taking this path in the conversation would prevent you from completing the miniquest, the two options crack me open each time! :lol:
    Also, they manage to "characterize" (more like parody) vegetarians perfectly in both types they come in with just a few lines. Make no mistake, I'm one of them myself. Though I won't tell which option I selected. :wink:
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited March 2015
    When Sarevok dies in ToB:

"No! I... I refuse!"

Just this line speaks volumes about his willpower and psychology.
    He's not groaning or pleads or whimpers or chokes on his blood.
    His last words are that he refuses to die again. He's that badass.

He is also pretty inspirational and motivational as a person that doesn't give up at anything, even death.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Everyone always forgets Edwina. "I FEEL YOUR STARES! DIE! DIE!"
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2015
    "I cannot be caged, I cannot be controlled. Understand this even as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
    and
    "Thread lightly, taskmaster".

I cant remember the line, but I always laugh at how CHARNAME loses his temper when Vax threatens the party with his friend Zal "the fastest dart thrower that has ever walked the Sword Coast."

EDIT: found it!
    CHARNAME: Are you some sort of moron? The fastest dart thrower in the west?! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Bring it on, Vax. You tell Zal to show us his stuff.
    "Well, certainly! There is sooo much to keep a great magus such as myself busy here. Look! A rock! How fascinating!" ~Edwin
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    One of the best Irenicus' lines. One of the very few lines in SoA which I don't skip even after a hundreth walkthrough. The power of his words, the way he pushes the word 'memory', simply awesome.

"I... I do not remember your love, Ellesime. I have tried. I have tried to recreate it, to spark it anew in my memory, but it is gone... a hollow, dead thing. For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. And then nothing. The Seldarine took that from me, too. I look upon you and feel nothing. I remember nothing but you turning your back on me, along with all the others. Once my thirst for power was everything. And now I hunger only for revenge. And I... WILL... HAVE IT!!"

The second I like very much is one of the demons in Hell - the one who gives you Blackrazor. The way he pronounces it gives me chills.
    edited March 2015
    I don't know why I like this so much, and I feel like a jerk for doing so, but...

I find that way Keldorn whines out that "...Oh" in this line is really funny sounding.

"Curse the dictates of honor! ...Oh, the very gods demand that I bring this case before the courts. Sir William shall be hung and the love of my entire life imprisoned. There is no other outcome." ~Keldorn

Yeah... I am a jerk...
    I used Yoshimo for the first time recently. He is more entertaining than I thought he would be.

"Pay attention... you will get no second chance!"
    "Kaiii! ...Yeah!"

and my favorite

"Haiii-ya! Heh, the tourists love that stuff."
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    BG1 Jaheira:

"If a tree falls in the forest...I'll kill the bastard who did it."