Skip to content

[Released] Black Hearts - BG1

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Question. When Illasera departs for the 2nd time (in Baldur's gate) is there a trigger event for her return? She said that she'd be back after awhile (like 10 days, maybe?) and it's been at least 2 weeks (game time). I am just about to head to Candlekeep, but I don't want to set the final game in motion (unless that is the trigger?) without having this resolved. I'm really liking the BH mod, it flows very well and breaks up the early game plot quite nicely.

You meet her again after Candlekeep.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 522
    By "Eversong Bar Scene" I assume you mean the Elfsong Tavern banter added by the BG1 NPC Project?
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    edited August 2023
    Trying this mod on an EET install, I encountered a bug when first speaking to Nerys. When she's supposed to bring us to her home, the screen goes black but nothing happens and then I'm still in the Three old Kegs.

Update : I can when trying multiple times access Nerys's home, but then the cutscene doesn't trigger.
    Post edited by Trouveur on
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited August 2023
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Trying this mod on an EET install, I encountered a bug when first speaking to Nerys. When she's supposed to bring us to her home, the screen goes black but nothing happens and then I'm still in the Three old Kegs.

Update : I can when trying multiple times access Nerys's home, but then the cutscene doesn't trigger.

The MoveBetweenAreas work for me on a quick EET install with only BlackHearts installed...

But Neary's home Area lack the necessary script to proceed with the cutscene.

You need to edit WI0004.ARE with Near Infinity and replace the area script AR0167.BCS to BG0167.BCS.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to replace the following file directly in your override, but it may be useful for other players.

If the mod is already installed, it's best to stick to NearInfinity.

They need to replace WI0004.ARE in the Blackhearts EET/Areas/ARE folder of the mod and before installing it ! (FOR EET VERSION ONLY)

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

EDIT : A small fix for those who don't know how to use NearInfinity, go with FixWI0004.ZIP, if the mod is already installed !
    ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Post edited by JohnBob on
    edited August 2023
    JohnBob wrote: »

The MoveBetweenAreas work for me on a quick EET install with only BlackHearts installed...

You need to edit WI0004.ARE with Near Infinity and replace the area script AR0167.BCS to BG0167.BCS.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to replace the following file directly in your override, but it may be useful for other players.

They need to replace WI0004.ARE in the Blackhearts EET/Areas/ARE folder of the mod and before installing it ! (FOR EET VERSION ONLY)
    Thank you very much, the change with NI allows the cutscene to trigger !

I tried again a few times, and sometimes I'm not teleported to Nerys's home. Not a big deal but still a mystery.
    edited August 2023
    Double post
    edited August 2023

I tried again a few times, and sometimes I'm not teleported to Nerys's home. Not a big deal but still a mystery.

You can try to look at WIcuts11.BCS with Near Infinity.

The code should be like this :
    IF
    	True()
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		CutSceneId(Player1)
    		Wait(1)
    		FadeToColor([20.0],0)
    		Wait(1)
    		ActionOverride("WINerys",MoveBetweenAreas("WI0004",[405.179],S))
    		ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("WI0004","",[247.363],W))
    		ActionOverride(Player2,LeaveAreaLUA("WI0004","",[324.364],NW))
    		ActionOverride(Player3,LeaveAreaLUA("WI0004","",[377.378],NNE))
    		ActionOverride(Player4,LeaveAreaLUA("WI0004","",[390.322],E))
    		ActionOverride(Player5,LeaveAreaLUA("WI0004","",[443.343],SSW))
    		ActionOverride(Player6,LeaveAreaLUA("WI0004","",[469.269],SSE))
    		FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
    END

It's unlikely that another mod has altered it, but it doesn't hurt to have a look.

EDIT : The three responses that should lead to the cutscene are :
    "Research? Fun."
    "Ok, we'll come with you."
    "Is there any way that you can just do this on your own?"

Then Nerys response :

"C'mon, it's not far from here. I'll lead the way and we'll be there in no time!"

And the cutscene proceed.

Thank you, the code is right.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    JohnBob, did you submit a pull request with your fix to the official repository? Doing so would help future downloaders.

Thankee!
    edited August 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    JohnBob, did you submit a pull request with your fix to the official repository? Doing so would help future downloaders.

Thankee!

You know I haven't, but I will... In the meantime, players can use the file provided here or, if the mod is already installed, the tiny small patch for this particular case.

And you, can you answer to my question ?
    There is no additional EET compatibility in your version, the only addition is to tag EET in the tp2...

Honestly, I don't mind if you do nonsense, but why do you pretend that your version adds better compatibility when it doesn't ?

I see you've updated the version on github, but you've kept the other version which will always be confusing...

And I'm still waiting for your answer...

You really need to rethink the way you do things, Endarire.
  • mausmaus Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2023
    The Mod also kills Brandock's initial quest as it replaces the cave behind the ogre with the WI0002 area. Bad thing...

edit: well not completely as the trigger regions differ slighlty. To enter "Brandock's cave" you have to click at the left edge of the trigger region (move the mouse to the left shortly before the "enter" symbol vanishes.
    Post edited by maus on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    edited August 2023
    Hey posting here to just let everyone know that I have in fact lost interest in modding for the time being. I went back and forth on it and tried restarting my spark to finish up the SOD stuff I'd started, but I just don't have that motivation to follow it through. My interest in Baldur's Gate kinda waxes and wanes year by year. It's possible BG3 reignites my interest in it, but for the time I am going to need to say my involvement in continuing this mod is on hold.

That's sorry to hear, @AWizardDidIt .

We have a compatibility problem: EDIT: this will be solved in Brandock v1.5, see my post below.
    The Bleack Heart mod uses the exact spot for a custom cave that my Brandock the Mage mod uses, in Coast Way area near the ogre. The problem is that this location is part of Brandock's joining quest, because the (original) ogre in front is part of why he couldn't recover his belongings alone.
    Seeing how Brandock was released over a year earlier, it would have been nifty if Bleack Hearts would have considered compatibility. Is there any chance the BH cave will be moved?
    Post edited by jastey on
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Going through these stuff is on my to-do list to offer it as a patch.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    @GraionDilach and @AWizardDidIt I already coded a compatibility fix locally, will be in the next Brandock mod version:
    Brandock mod will patch an exit leading to Brandock's cave on the left side of WI0002.are, and will have an exit into WI0002.are on its right side. So with both mods installed (install order Bleack Hearts -> Brandock), the player can walk from one cave to the other.
    I left the entrance triggers from Coast Way unchanged, so depending on whether the player clicks middle/right or far left they will enter the one or the other cave.

I hope this is ok for you (AWizardDidIt), I tested it ingame and think it's a rather elegant solution.
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 134
    I know modder decided to take a break but I have a bug to report.

At the end in chapter 7, when Illasera "arrives" in the undercellar. I get a conversation with her to meet her in a courtesan room (even as there is no Illasera anywhere that speaks to me here) and when I get to the room there is no Illasera so I cannot progress the final part of the quest.

Anyone maybe has console command to force Illasera spawn or answer why Illasera is not spawning?
    edited August 2023
    I assume you're using the EET version?

Do you know how to use Near Infinity?

In your override folder, make a backup of WIILLSP.BCS and replace it with the following file...

Then you need to reload before entered in the undercellar.

Let me know if it works!

edited August 2023
    I actually use regular BG:EE as I prefer it's UI to BG:2ee which is common for eet. I know, I'm a weird one.

I never used near infinity. That is why I asked for console command if someone knows it. That I know how to use. I mean I guess I can take a look at near infinity.

Thanks for the override file. Will copy into override and try it out when I get home from work.
    edited August 2023
    If you're using the BGEE version, the file will be of no use to you and will cause issue on a BGEE game !

Workaround inside the spoiler.
    You can try this : CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("WIILLASE")

But after Killing Slythe and Krystin AND after Illasera first talk...

When she disappears, use the console and then talk to her.
    Alright. Thanks for console command. Will try it.
    edited August 2023
    Duron wrote: »
    Alright. Thanks for console command. Will try it.
    Did you fight Slythe and Krystin properly ?

Apparently, Illasera assists you in this fight and thus dissolves her invisibility, so she becomes visible and asks you to join her in one of the rooms, where you can talk to her. Without having to use the console.
    I understood that she should have broken her invisibility but for some reason she didn't. And yes, I tried the fight 7-8 times on different ways, from allowing them to go invisible and sneak attack me to killing them before they could do anything. I always got Illasera lets talk in the back room after that but no Illasera anywhere.

Anyhow, I tried the console command and it works perfectly. Illasera spawned and conversation continued normally. Big thanks JohnBob
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    I actually use regular BG:EE as I prefer it's UI to BG:2ee which is common for eet. I know, I'm a weird one.

Offtopic; but you can use the BGEE lefreutUI skin with EET/SoD/BG2 if you want a blue UI for the other games.

Offtopic; but you can use the BGEE lefreutUI skin with EET/SoD/BG2 if you want a blue UI for the other games.

Last comment after that back to topic. I know that... but I didn't know that when I installed 15+ mods. So yea, switching to EET now when I have installed EE, SOD and EE2 full of I don't know 60-70 mods, I really don't feel like switching and again installing them all, all over again.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 522
    @AWizardDidIt Just in case you missed it, there's a glowing review of your mod over at G3: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/37141-sergios-reviews/

Maybe it'll motivate you to get back to the SoD portion, one day. ;)
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    I want to thank the one who made this and hope they read it. Great writing, it did an excellent job of expanding the throne of bhaal characters. It gave some background where none previously existed to the bhaalspawn rivals of BG2, especially for Illasera. I had no technical problems with the mod, and the people who I was with reacted to everything in ways that I thought were right and good.
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    If anyone has problem with Nery's dialog prematurely cutting of after Illasera Projected Image shows here is the fix:

Nerys's house WI0004.are has incorrect scripted attached. Create WI0004.bcs and move the block that was injected into BG0167.BCS into newly created WI0004.bsc which you gonna have to attach to WI0004.are

IF
    Global("WINerysMet","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartCutSceneMode()
    SetGlobal("WINerysMet","GLOBAL",3)
    CutSceneId(Player1)
    Wait(2)
    DisplayStringHead("WINerys",482928) // Now lets see here. I have all my Harper correspondences and records here. Gimmie a minute
    Wait(4)
    DisplayStringHead("WINerys",482929) // Ok, got them!
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("WINerys",MoveToPoint([315.285]))
    Wait(2)
    Face(S)
    EndCutSceneMode()
    ActionOverride("WINerys",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
    END

Next step is to edit WIILLIMG.bcs and replace whole script with

IF
    See(Player1)
    AreaCheck("BG0800")
    Global("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",1)
    Wait(1)
    StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
    END

IF
    See(Player1)
    AreaCheck("WI0004")
    Global("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",2)
    Wait(1)
    END

The above solution is for the EET. If you use BGEE then change the BG prefix of the area into AR e.g. AR0800.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

EDIT : A small fix for those who don't know how to use NearInfinity, go with FixWI0004.ZIP, if the mod is already installed !
    ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
    zelazko wrote: »
    If anyone has problem with Nery's dialog prematurely cutting of after Illasera Projected Image shows here is the fix:

Nerys's house WI0004.are has incorrect scripted attached. Create WI0004.bcs and move the block that was injected into BG0167.BCS into newly created WI0004.bsc which you gonna have to attach to WI0004.are

IF
    Global("WINerysMet","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    StartCutSceneMode()
    SetGlobal("WINerysMet","GLOBAL",3)
    CutSceneId(Player1)
    Wait(2)
    DisplayStringHead("WINerys",482928) // Now lets see here. I have all my Harper correspondences and records here. Gimmie a minute
    Wait(4)
    DisplayStringHead("WINerys",482929) // Ok, got them!
    Wait(1)
    ActionOverride("WINerys",MoveToPoint([315.285]))
    Wait(2)
    Face(S)
    EndCutSceneMode()
    ActionOverride("WINerys",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
    END

Next step is to edit WIILLIMG.bcs and replace whole script with

IF
    See(Player1)
    AreaCheck("BG0800")
    Global("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",1)
    Wait(1)
    END

IF
    See(Player1)
    AreaCheck("WI0004")
    Global("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("WILLNERYSM","GLOBAL",2)
    Wait(1)
    END

The above solution is for the EET. If you use BGEE then change the BG prefix of the area into AR e.g. AR0800.
    Thank you but JohnBob already posted the fix in august. :smile:
  • Copycat665Copycat665 Member Posts: 15
    I have a Nerys problem I hope someone can help me with.

At the Three Kegs I get teleported just fine to her home, but she does not start a talk that pushes the quest onwards. If I leave by the door or stairs and come back, Nerys ain't there, but another character is there. I guess the character that actually owns the house in the game.

I've looked through this topic for solutions, but I have been unable to find the MetNerys Global or anything for Nerys in my eeKeeper. So I'm not sure how to force the next step to start.
    edited October 2023
    Copycat665 wrote: »
    I've looked through this topic for solutions, but I have been unable to find the MetNerys Global or anything for Nerys in my eeKeeper. So I'm not sure how to force the next step to start.
    Solution is just one message up there. It specifically says to use Near Infinity (NOT EEkeeper) in order to edit an area script.
    "You need to edit WI0004.ARE with Near Infinity and replace the area script AR0167.BCS to BG0167.BCS."

edited October 2023
    Copycat665 wrote: »
    Solution is just one message up there. It specifically says to use Near Infinity (NOT EEkeeper) in order to edit an area script.
    "You need to edit WI0004.ARE with Near Infinity and replace the area script AR0167.BCS to BG0167.BCS."

As Trouveur says !

However, this correction is valid for the EET version only.

If you don't know your way around Near Infinity, there's a very tiny patch (FixWI0004.ZIP), you can install it like a mod.