Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited August 2018
    Trent: "Phillip, why?!!"
    Phil: "For money."

;)

Seriously, thank you very much @PhillipDaigle for all of your work at Beamdog for these past 8 years! May Boo guide you during your (indie :p ) game development journey. Give us Arcanum EE or I will send you the stinking cap of my own (it's more of a tortoise shell, but whatever) ;)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I really did not expect that. Good luck with your future projects @PhillipDaigle :)
  • Drewbert_ahoyDrewbert_ahoy Member Posts: 96
    They've stated how many times they don't have and can't get the rights to Arcanum or the Gold Box Games? Move on to new topics please, they shouldn't have to answer these every week.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    My heart is broken :'(
    I wish you all' the best for the future, @PhillipDaigle
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Good luck @PhillipDaigle
  • ricoyungricoyung Member Posts: 83
    edited August 2018
    What the happened to the youtube stream? I almost was able to watch it "Live" but missed it again...good thing because it wasn't there- finally looked for it @ 6pm- I hope you all won't do this "Twitching" stream always, (at least at youtube I can watch it anytime, and I always watch them for a good laugh and update info)...I will always miss it if not @youtube :(...
    From the last few comments it sounds like Phil announced something but I have no idea what it was...Anybody?
    Seriously..I just may have to start a service/site/app? and call it "Twat" (like for info seeking...Twat the heck is that?) I mean; has anyone looked up the definition of Twitter or Twit in a Dictionary? LMAO!
    So I'm thinking my Twat idea may be real winner :D Signed; doomed/confused old vet.
  • zordren3742zordren3742 Member Posts: 207
    ricoyung said:

What the happened to the youtube stream? I almost was able to watch it "Live" but missed it again...good thing because it wasn't there- finally looked for it @ 6pm- I hope you all won't do this "Twitching" stream always, (at least at youtube I can watch it anytime, and I always watch them for a good laugh and update info)...I will always miss it if not @youtube :(...
    From the last few comments it sounds like Phil announced something but I have no idea what it was...Anybody?
    Seriously..I just may have to start a service/site/app? and call it "Twat" (like for info seeking...Twat the heck is that?) I mean; has anyone looked up the definition of Twitter or Twit in a Dictionary? LMAO!
    So I'm thinking my Twat idea may be real winner :D Signed; doomed/confused old vet.

@PhillipDaigle announced he is leaving Beamdog.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yeah, I finally was able to see it last night at youtube, weird though that it was not anywhere on you tube I could find until Monday the 20th- and I searched like crazy for it on the 17th- either youtube blocked me from seeing it then,,,or it was not uploaded until the 20th..I have no clue. Anyways at least I got to see it finally, total bummer Phil (fil?) is leaving, but I do wish him well in his new endeavors (8 years is a long stint) and he has accomplished quite a lot @Beamdog , Kudos Phil!

Now they need to "Try" and replace him (good luck) that will be uber difficult imo; Trent and Phil were to me like...Dare I say, like Laurel and Hardy? Always a good laugh at their antics.
    Hopefully next friday I will catch it "Live" and maybe have a chance at getting a T-shirt :) I want one badly..
    I totally cracked up about Phil getting a cold head, putting on the hat, and then after about 5-10 mins complains aboot a sweaty head and takes it off! LMAO .Good stuffs!

Thank you Phil, for all your hard work in enhancing my most favorite game. *62 yo happy vet.*
    An alternative when the video is not available on youtube is to watch the replay directly on twitch.
    edited August 2018
    @lefreut , Thank you for the link, I had previously gone there looking for it but had no luck - I am using noscript firefox extension and it blocks most everything so I just allowed at the link and there it was :smile: I am big on PC security...I don't even have installed Adobe flash (blocked) had too many issues with it in the past.
    Anyways I'm guessing if I want to be able to comment during the stream, I will have to join Twitch?
    *Another site/password to add to my already bloated list :D Oh well, needs will be met, if that is what is required :P
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Yes, you need to log in on Twitch to comment in the chat and thus have a chance to win a T-shirt.
    Thank you @JuliusBorisov for the quick reply :) This I will assuredly do with utmost haste!
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Without Phil we will riot!
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I was thinking I would like to chat and be logged in but not win any prizes. Is there a chance Beamdog can give us a way to opt out?
    You can watch the stream without logging in. But in order to chat, you have to be logged in.
    Heh. What is the new title you are working on, Luke? :p
    What's your plan for future Infinity Engine updates ? :p
    edited August 2018
    Would you consider the chance to develop an EE for Temple of Elemental Evil?

Today it will be Trent and Luke during the stream. Do you have any questions for them?

The stream will happen today as usual, at 10am PT.

And there will be another stream tomorrow.

There won't be any recap this week, though (probably next week, so that we could include the PAX info into it).
    Yes, I have the same questione of the last week.
    Have you guys ever considered the chance to work on The Temple of Elemental Evil?
    edited August 2018

Today it will be Trent and Luke during the stream. Do you have any questions for them?

What are you going to reveal at PAX? What you don't want to answer to that :p OK real question this time, you have hired a lot of new people recently, can you briefly present what they are going to do? Can you introduce them on the stream or can they say Hi in the forum :)

And out of topic, @JuliusBorisov do you know what they will announce or is it a secret even for you?
    Well, it's a secret to talk about it. ;)

There won't be any recap this week, though (probably next week, so that we could include the PAX info into it).

Can someone do a quick recap of the stream, I was not able to watch it due to the audio issue :(
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

What us, the busy and/or lazy people, are supposed to do? :(

• StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Yeah, I rarely watch the streams live. But the 2nd it appears on you tube I watch it.
    I am getting the feeling yesterday’s stream won’t be showing until Tuesday
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I dipped in and out of the livestream, one interesting thing they mentioned was that originally the 2.5 update was going to be the last time they touch the IE games in a long time... but now they are planning a long term 2.6 for more bug fixes. For me that means, no more content for the IE EE games, with the focus now shifting to NWNEE and the new EE being revealed today.

Someone asked about a toolset for the IE games... not going to happen, but they did mention they would release some "tools/code/stuff" which they made on SOD... hopefully more modding goodies we can use.

My wish for today... NWN2EE :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    it'll be donated to charity. Our Lady of the Perpetual Crunch, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.