Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Baldur's Gate meets Heroes of Might and Magic 3

167891012»

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 7,994
    My portrait fits very well in HoMM!

ShandyrGrond0ThacoBell
  • ShandyrShandyr Member Posts: 8,263
    Good news! Aedan found the Shackles of War in a tomb near the Friendly Arm.
    Now he can hunt down enemy heroes :naughty:

Gusinda
    Oh no! Aedan ran into Labetha who has Diplomacy, I suspect.

But Aedan fears nothing and no one! And he does not run away! He just... strategically withdraws for the moment. Yeah, that's it. (Luckily I saw Labetha first on Overland map so I took off Shackles of War)

AedanGusindalolien
    Bad news,

a large part of Aedan's homeland has been conquered. The capitol is still under my control but could fall anytime. Aedan is currently hiding in... wait... UHM... Aedan doesn't hide! Aedan fears nothing!

No, Aedan is just... taking a recreational break inside a sanctuary where no one can attack him. That's very smart!

Meanwhile, Kyrre has managed to established an outpost in the far away Gnollhold.

ThacoBelllolien
    Kyrre has found enough Obelisks to determine the location of the Grail. So off she storms to the coast (the area where Arcand the Mad is).

And look there, an enemy hero has been digging around there already! Has Kyrre arrived too late?

We are in luck! Damn, that was close, but the grail is mine! Now I will have to reconquer my homeland and build the grail there!

And then Aedan can end his recreational break and come back home :)

ThacoBellAedanGusindalolien
    And there we are:

The grail building in Aedan's hometown!

And as it turns out it wasn't bad the enemy had conquered the town. Because they built the dragon cliffs and upgraded them!

So basically I got the dragon cliffs AND upgraded dragon cliffs for free :smiley:

AedanThacoBellGusindalolien
    edited September 2
    Eventually Aedan returned home to his little community of fellow druids deep in Cloakwood Forest. He spent a few days there enjoying being one with nature again.

Until the day Pyre the Demoniac showed up. She had allied herself with the undead of Undercity and served a dark master who wished to drown the Sword Coast in blood. And with her she had brought the largest army Aedan had ever seen.

Everything Aedan believed in, everything he hold dear was in danger. Pyre's army could lay waste to the entire forest.

Aedan mustered all his courage and readied his own army. But it was small and weak by comparison. Aedan would probably stand no chance. So be it. Then he would die in service of Mother Nature. He looked over his beloved Cloakwood Forest one final time.

The time had come, Pyre's gigantic army approached the small druid settlement. The horns of the army rang in the distance and... Wait a moment. Aedan recognized those horns. Those weren't the sounds of Pyre's army. Not it was... Kyrre! KYRRE HAD RETURNED! And with her, Kyrre had brought the largest army of nature's children Aedan had ever seen.

*watch "Game of Thrones - The Vale Army arrives at Winterfell" here, I cannot post it because it contains brutal scenes. Watch at own risk.*

ThacoBellGusinda
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 7,994
    edited September 4
    I can't believe this. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is almost 20 years old. And just now I found out something about it I hadn't known before.

http://heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Hole

There is more to holes than just digging for the grail!

You can block access to shorelines by digging holes. I just tested it, and it works. That is especially useful for the Rampart Faction on this map. Damn, all those years and I never knew.

Edit: This changes a lot for the Rampart Faction on this map! They should be easier to play with this knowledge since they can deny other faction access to Cloakwood Forest via the shorelines.

ThacoBellGrond0Gusindalolien
167891012»