Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• arielbrentarielbrent Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for replies, @smeagolheart and @BillyYank, with your responses I was able to make it work.
    smeagolheartlolien
  • ExistentialExistential Member Posts: 19
    Installed EET with the intention of installing these sound sets but im getting the same result i had with SOD originally, any ideas why this could be?
  • GleamEyesGleamEyes Member Posts: 1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Soundsets

"No matter the opponent, I'll never lose!"

Baldur's Gate was the very first CRPG I ever played, and Hyperdimension Neptunia is one of my most favorite JRPG franchises. After I found this tutorial on how to rip sounds from the Steam versions of the Neptunia games, I figured, why not combine two of my favorite franchises together? After pulling the sound files from Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation, I put these soundsets together. I only did the CPUs and CPU Candidates (and even then, I couldn't find enough appropriate sounds for Rom and Ram to make soundsets for them), mainly because I was too lazy to do the required digging to put together soundsets for all of the Makers and Oracles. I might make Maker and Oracle soundsets in the future, provided that the issues I've been having with these can be resolved.

I'm not sure if they work with SoD (have the issues with that expansion been resolved yet?), and I've found an issue with IWDEE where action acknowledgement sounds play instead of the "annoyed"/rare selection sounds. With IWDEE, it might be because of the 2.5 update. In any case, the sounds and text are all there for you to experiment with. If nothing else, I'd love to find a solution to the IWDEE issue.

Neptune: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Melissa Fahn
    Noire: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Erin Fitzgerald
    Vert: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Tara Platt
    Blanc: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Wendee Lee
    Plutia: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Cherami Leigh
    Nepgear: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Christine Marie Cabanos
    Uni: ©2015 IDEA FACTORY / COMPILE HEART / FELISTELLA, voice actress: Sarah Williams
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • demilichdemilich Member Posts: 5
    Some feedback after the 2.5 patch:

- selection sounds are still bugged with SoD installed
    - the subtitles are bugged when installing i.e. Volume 2 with the provided installer. I think this is because the 2.5 patch added stuff to the dialog.tlk ... what happens for me is that the subtitles point to random strings in the game. I.e. the HoW1 male soundset has something like 'Safana, welcome on board' as a action confirmation subtitle.
  • AssarCZEAssarCZE Member Posts: 25
    Hi folks,

any news regarding the soundsets in SOD2.5?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @demilich and @AssarCZE That problem is still there (sadly it wasn't a part of the 2.5 patch), but it will be fixed.
    Orim_Samite_HealerlolienGusinda
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    demilich said:

Some feedback after the 2.5 patch:

- selection sounds are still bugged with SoD installed
    - the subtitles are bugged when installing i.e. Volume 2 with the provided installer. I think this is because the 2.5 patch added stuff to the dialog.tlk ... what happens for me is that the subtitles point to random strings in the game. I.e. the HoW1 male soundset has something like 'Safana, welcome on board' as a action confirmation subtitle.

The second problem would not be a bug with the 2.5 patch. It sounds like you have SoD DLC installed on a Steam or GOG install, but did not use modmerge or DLC Merger before installing the soundset mod.
    smeagolheartlolien
  • @demilich and @AssarCZE That problem is still there (sadly it wasn't a part of the 2.5 patch), but it will be fixed.

Glad to read it will be fixed eventually. Being extremely picky about doing a full play-through, I'd love to use the same soundset all the way across, but I can't do that yet.
  • And If I wanted simply to carry over standard BG1 soundsets to BG2 and vice versa what should I copy?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Question: can this be ported to NWNEE?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Afaik NWNEE doesn't use Weidu which is the basis of Infinity Engine modding

Afaik NWNEE doesn't use Weidu which is the basis of Infinity Engine modding

true, so it would have to be done manually I assume? good ol' analog...
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited October 2018
    I have a soundset that I collected myself, but without subtitles. I simply placed the sound files by hand in the proper directory. I used it for my halfling F/Th run through and never got tired of it.

I would be happy to share with the community, but I’m concerned that copyright (the lines are from a popular tv show) and profanity (some rated R stuff is said) would be issues. If either is the case, I’ll keep it to myself. Otherwise, what’s the best way to donate the voice set to the community? I’m not a modder but someone is welcome to put it in one.

I have a soundset that I collected myself, but without subtitles. I simply placed the sound files by hand in the proper directory. I used it for my halfling F/Th run through and never got tired of it.

I would be happy to share with the community, but I’m concerned that copyright (the lines are from a popular tv show) and profanity (some rated R stuff is said) would be issues. If either is the case, I’ll keep it to myself. Otherwise, what’s the best way to donate the voice set to the community? I’m not a modder but someone is welcome to put it in one.

I can make the SSF if you want.
    About your first question tho, the best place is the Neverwinter Vault
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Even for BG/BG2 sound-sets?
    For BG sound sets, possibly here?
  • I encountered a couple of issues while preparing a patch for iOS BG1 caused by unused files which names don't follow the prescribed pattern, resulting in additional incomplete, non-working soundsets recognized for these files. This is probably caused by iOS specific procedure requiring separate loading of PC soundsets into the Sounds directory and might not appear on other platforms. If these files are unused however, maybe they could be simply removed - or assigned to some other slots, which don't have (unique) dialog?

*F_Barbtt "Mmm. A challange!" - the only missing line is @29 (hid in shadows), but I don't know what file name corresponds to it.

*F_Fgt01000 "Ready for fun!"(?) - could perhaps become F_Fgt017 which is missing:
    @31 = ~[F_Fgt017] Ready for fun!~ [F_Fgt017] //Set A Trap
    Alternatively, successful hiding in shadows.

*F_Mage4 contains several files named HeFM_??.wav which don't have associated .tlk lines and don't follow prescribed naming pattern

*F_Monk1 contains another set of orphaned files 2HFM0??.wav

*FThief1 contains files HaFT??.wav

*M_Fgt03 contains files HMF??.wav

*M_Fgt04 contains files HeMF_??.wav

*M_Mage04 contains files HMC_??.wav

*M_Mage05 contains files HaMF_??.wav

This all pertains to volume 2 (IWD). Those extra files could be perhaps compiled into new soundsets, but in all cases they would be much more limited, as they number about a dozen per bunch.

lolien
  • Also, as the mods are hosted on shs, perhaps it would be possible to combine with the fan-made library shs_soundsets_v2 ? One thing apparently missing there is subtitles.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2018
    This mod by @PaiN_VI has fixed the custom soundsets issue in SoD for me (tested on the IWD soundset).

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73279/a-solution-for-the-sound-mods-in-siege-of-dragonspear
    lolienMirandel
  • KroliusKrolius Member Posts: 3

That solution plays the sounds but the subtitles won't match. I highly discourage using that method - at best its a temporary fix that will allow the sounds but won't match up the subtitles at the expense of manually modifying game files.

Use at your own risk.

Hello. You don't need to modify game files. You can create folder "sounds" in the same folder where your "saves" folder is located. And there you can place your own soundset. You just need to rename the wavs with one of the default soundset names for selection sounds to work. And the files in this "sounds" folder will override the files in game "sounds" folder. The default subtitles will be used though.
    Mirandellolien
  • MadmateMadmate Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to try the IWD2 Soundset, but the link doesn't work. I get this message:

An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

• MishiMishi Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2018
    Hi, I'd like to try using the mod shell to adapt a couple of soundsets I found on the Sorcerer's Place a few years ago, but I noticed that the .tra file template doesn't include extra sounds like 'in a city' or 'in a forest' even though when I boot up BG: EE and load up character creation and loop through the voice clips those clips do exist and can play. Is there a way to include those sounds in the mod or will my character forever be unmoved by the sight of a sprawling city?
    Mishi said:

Hi, I'd like to try using the mod shell to adapt a couple of soundsets I found on the Sorcerer's Place a few years ago, but I noticed that the .tra file template doesn't include extra sounds like 'in a city' or 'in a forest' even though when I boot up BG: EE and load up character creation and loop through the voice clips those clips do exist and can play. Is there a way to include those sounds in the mod or will my character forever be unmoved by the sight of a sprawling city?

I believe those sounds for the city are only used in BG1 and since this aims to be available for BG1, bg2 and iwdee there have to be trade-offs.

I believe theres a chart in the documentation of which sounds are active.
  • MishiMishi Member Posts: 8
    Awww, thanks anyway. I'm not really technically inclined so I guess I'll just have to live with it.
  • cddscdds Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2019
    Since these soundsets are not currently included in BWS/BWS-EE: is it safe to manually install soundsets after a BWS/BWS-EE megamod install? Normally i wouldn't do this for fear of instability, but i suspect that soundsets don't have any conflicts and should therefore not cause any problems... right?
    I haven't updated or tried recently but there shouldn't be any problem installing before or after installing bws
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2019
    @smeagolheart

I have an error installing this after an EET install:
    Error: failure("Unknown function: s9copy")
    what is wrong?
    Post edited by d2freak on
  • RaygunCourtesanRaygunCourtesan Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone create a soundset for Jan Jansen? I love that mad little gnome!
    edited March 2019
    d2freak wrote: »
    @smeagolheart

I have an error installing this after an EET install:
    Error: failure("Unknown function: s9copy")
    what is wrong?

If anyone runs in to this later, the key is to install before installing EET and then there won't be any issues..
    Post edited by smeagolheart on