Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android IWDEE 2.5.17.0

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
edited November 2018 in IWD:EE Mods
@Xhoblaim, I have moved the request for the IWDEE modfile to the IWDEE Mods area just in case someone out there also wants to use it...

The mods installed here are:
- IWD NPC v6.0
- LavaIt - IWD: an item pack for IWD EE v1.0
- Shadow Magic v1.9.3
- Wildmage v1.7
- A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack v2.92
- Warlock v0.8
- I Hate Undead Kitpack v2.8
- Tweaks Anthology v5.0 (various components based on your previous BG2EE choices)

The actual components installed for each mod can be viewed in the WeiDU.log.

This would be about as large as I would go. It is 3 times the max size of an individual file. The big mods are Shadow Magic and IWDNPC in case you are looking at adding something different.

For those who wish to try but unsure how to install:
- Download the .zip files to device
- Remove any previous modfiles and 'lang.zip'
- Delete or rename any current 'override' folder
- Unpack (keeping paths) all the files into the following folder on your internal SDCard:

android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/

- you should now end up with an 'override' folder and a file called 'lang-en_US.zip' in the root.

Note: The folder could be 'android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddaleenhancededition/files/' (I forgot to grab hold of the actual name when I modded someone elses eariler, sorry).

To uninstall:
- Delete the override folder and lang-en_US.zip.
- You should now be running vanilla

I haven't tested it on my device as I don't have IWDEE for Android... so when you install it, can you report back if all works fine or not.

Happy gaming
Gus

Edit: Removed modfile. Updated later in discussion
Post edited by Gusinda on
Xhoblaim[Deleted User]

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    edited August 2018
    @Gusinda You da man Gus as always
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda hey G-man, I noticed something when I started a new game... My chars are invulnerable O_o lol. It's weird, they have like 10/9 HP hahaha.
    Gusinda
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, not sure whats happening there. I started a game. New Team: 2 in-game characters, 2 premade characters (from another time) and 2 characters made during the start of the game. Walked into the first fight and they all died. They did forget their weapons and seemed to have just stood around watching the carnage.

Any chance you could upload the game?

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda strange...I go to load the game and when it starts, I can see the buffs expire and everything is fine. If it happens again I'll try to save it.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda Hey bud! How ya been? You still help with modfiles?

I have installed the modfile above and came across a small issue - for some reason the shadow spells like Fireball etc. perform the same attack animation. Some of the others still work though (stoneskin etc.).

What are your thoughts on this funky situation lol?
    @Xhoblaim, I will have to have a look. Haven't play the game for a while so will give it a go. I only have the PC version but I don't expect that it will change the gameplay.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda Man.., I'm really getting a kick out of this IWD. The animations are awesome and story ain't too shabby either ?. Even playing with modded characters can prove difficult at times. I can't count on my hands & toes how many times I have died ?. Trying to be Superman in fights, only to be humbled by a skeleton moments later lmao.

Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, excellent. Glad you are enjoying it. Looking forward to this myself. I have built myself a 'Shadowy' team (Weave Warriors) where all have something to do with the Weave. All I have to do now is find the time to play!!

My team consists of:

Dwarven Shadowdancer -> Cleric (Traps, Scout, Healer)
    Dwarven Fighter -> Shadowdancer (Tank initially, stealthy Backstabber), still yet to workout when to dual.
    Half-Elf Nightsinger (Bard)
    Human Shadow Monk (Tank later)
    Elf Shadow Adept
    Human Shadow Disciple

Most ended up with mid to high 80s for the rolls (half the joy in playing is the rolling). As a team, they are probably OP, but I hope to have fun hiding in the shadows.

Gus

Xhoblaim[Deleted User]
    @Gusinda Man that team sounds legit ?

Hope you get time to play!
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda hey buddy, how are things? Were you able to have a look at the modfile?
    @Xhoblaim, uhm err I forgot. I shall have a go when I have finished here and give feedback tomorrow... I have my team ready to go!

Sorry
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Roflmao ? No probs.

Aw snap, the avengers(ur team) are ready to assemble? Awesome!
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, OK had a look and yes the casting animations are the same. I also setup a fresh IWDEE install and only modded with Shadow Magic. Still has the same casting animations for it was well so not sure what is happening. My next move is to setup a fresh install of BG1EE and only install Shadow Magic onto that. If they are different, we would need to go back to the author of the mod. If they are the same, then it is likely that is the way that it was configured.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda I hope everything works out... Seems like it would work so well.. ?
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, I was playing around with in BG and the spells I was playing with in Shadow Magic have the same starting animation for casting. I went back to both IWDEE modded versions. Although the initial casting is the same, the continuing animation that follows depends on the spell. The spells have different ending spell animations for all three test environments (the animation doesn't change in each game, just by the spell used).

I would say that this is all good and as expected.

When you say that you get the same animation, is that for the entire spell casting or just the start? If entire, would you be able to upload a saved game?

Thanks
    Gus
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda Np, will upload a save shortly. The way the spells work is like this:
    Shadowblast (Fireball spell/icon) when cast, becomes Cone of Cold spell with the secondary effects of Shadowblast. When you mess with it, you will notice that any spell you cast thats arcane, acts the same as Shadowblast. So this made me think there was a conflict with the spell animations or something since we had added a couple other mods to the setup.
    @Gusinda in this save, the main character is the shadow adept.
    Gusinda
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda Yo Gus I got to thinking, and I wanna recreate my thief... Maybe make her a "shadow" thief (but not shadowdancer). Gotta be an Assassin.. and for her pet, there is a wolf avatar for the shadow adept named Yin'rou that looks super awesome! The idea is kinda like this: An assassin with a familiar type companion and a tiny handful of spells. Now this may be the tricky part since the mods act funny with certain things BUT( :D ), giving the thief like 3 or 4 buffs from the shadow school. Will also have to give the wolf a couple more charges for it's abilities, I hate that familiars only summon with 1 cast of there like 2-3 abilities :/ . I am hoping it's possible for her to summon 2 dogs instead of the one (for solo fun).

Still working on her skillz and balancing her out. But if you're interested in trying to put her together lemmie know ;) I know your busy alot.

Note- I also got a new blackguard that I was gonna try putting together. I still have a few more visions and ideas for characters.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, I can give it a go. Once you sort out what you want, I will see what I can do...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda how goes the modfile? :)
    I'm almost finished with the thief setup also. Soon I will post the goods ?
    @Xhoblaim, Sounds good with the thief. Looking forward to seeing what she can do. Have been trying the "Weave Warriors" and find the game a bit harder than I had thought it would have been but the side effects of being of the weave balance it out. This is good news as I initially thought it might have been a bit OP. Enjoying the mod though.

For the modfile and animations, I tried a couple of different spells and configs. I found that the animations remained as they should in both IWDEE and BGEE. When you say 'mess with it', do you mean with the spell .spl file internals or something inside the game?

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Hmm. So for you, the animations of spells were as they should be? (For example: ShadowBlast/Fireball looks like a purple nuke spell). When I said "mess with it" I was referring to the install order. The spells animations had worked before when only the Shadow magic mod was added. Since then we added a couple more with some NPC mods and now.. the spell animations for arcane spells appear to be defaulted to the Cone of Cold animation. The animation issue wasn't present before then. This leads me to believe that it's a conflict within the modfile. The modfile used was uploaded in sections if my memory serves right..
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, not sure why I didn't see that before. I have setup IWDEE and BGEE with only the Shadow Magic mod and compared various spells to that of the modfile here. It wasn't until you explained what was happenning, it became obvious!

I will have a play around and see what might be causing it.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited October 2018
    @Xhoblaim, give this a try. Hopefully it has fixed the problem... Change the order of kit mods install.

Gus

Edit; You should be able to continue your saved game with this.
    Xhoblaim
    edited October 2018
    @Gusinda Gave it a go and there are someme strange happenings. When making a new char there's this "invalid:83637" stuff everywhere. All the char stats n stuff is like this as well. So I reinstalled the modfile.. making sure to install a, b, then c in that order.. got a crash on startup now.

Edit: tried another reinstall, now IAM back to the invalid stuff and crashing when going to make a character. ??
    Gusinda
    edited October 2018
    @Xhoblaim, I shall take a look. I now own the IWDEE on Android which should make testing a bit easier.

Gus

Edit: I see what has happened already... I will fix and we can have another bash.
    Xhoblaim
    edited November 2018
    @Xhoblaim, I uploaded in the previous post but it seemed not to take... I have now deleted the files above and will reupload here.

Gus

Edit: Removed modfile. Updated later in discussion
    Xhoblaim[Deleted User]
    @Gusinda woohoo! So far so good! Haven't come across any issues yet. All spells appear to be in order from what I've used. Excellent work as always ??.
    Thanks bro!

Also I have my Assassin ready for that wolf summon ?. Oh yeah, would it be possible to change the AI script of the Vortex spell? So it seeks enemies instead of retreat or run when commanded to attack? Would be perfect if it acted alone. I really like that spell but it's more of a hazard to use than anything else lol.

I'll upload a save with the main characters I play with the changes once i have it ironed out.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda Ok got the save n the goods. It is as follows:
    Viktor - give him all the spells in game (only spells specific to IWD/HoW ex: Icelance, shout etc.), sanctuary and summon shadow spell also pweez ? (it's an actual spell in this game! Woot!)

Varona - This is the Assassin mentioned earlier, needs Yin'Rou summon for innate and shadow walk (the like Valen where you can still attack n stuff) with a couple charges

Sylvanna - Yin'Rou avatar for wolf shapechange, change her rep from fallen so I can use her abilities lmao.

That's it for skill stuff...and pretty much everything else.. unless ur able to make a mule char with a bunch of cool items that can only be consoled ????
    Gusinda
    edited October 2018
    Disregard this post.