Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Found this nifty time zone converter tool. Hopefully this means I catch the stream while various daylight saving/summer times are out of sync.

TR

JuliusBorisovlolien
    Patch notes?????

TR
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Just wanted to take some time to thank both Miss Sarah Dawson and Mr. Trent Oster for respectively reading and answering my question on the October 26, 2018 Beamdog Livestream. That livestream and the one from last week were very eye-opening experiences into the world of computer game programming and development for me. I appreciate even more all the hard work everyone @Beamdog puts into the Infinity Engine titles and NWN:EE.

I completely understand that when it comes to adding new features to a game, you base your order of priority on effort versus desire from the Trello Input and Roadmap boards. My issue regarding Weapon Masters and Unarmed Strike was originally submitted 5 months ago on support.baldursgate.com, and it is currently tracking on internal ticket #37577. How do internally submitted issues relate in priority to the requested features on the Trello boards? Should I request a card be created for this as well, or would it be considered a moot point? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Patch notes?????

TR

@TarotRedhand I think I've already covered similar questions before. Please check out the dedicated thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69316/introducing-the-nwn-ee-development-branch#latest

Just wanted to take some time to thank both Miss Sarah Dawson and Mr. Trent Oster for respectively reading and answering my question on the October 26, 2018 Beamdog Livestream. That livestream and the one from last week were very eye-opening experiences into the world of computer game programming and development for me. I appreciate even more all the hard work everyone @Beamdog puts into the Infinity Engine titles and NWN:EE.

I completely understand that when it comes to adding new features to a game, you base your order of priority on effort versus desire from the Trello Input and Roadmap boards. My issue regarding Weapon Masters and Unarmed Strike was originally submitted 5 months ago on support.baldursgate.com, and it is currently tracking on internal ticket #37577. How do internally submitted issues relate in priority to the requested features on the Trello boards? Should I request a card be created for this as well, or would it be considered a moot point? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

What is on the internal tracker, is already "in the works". How long it'll be in the works, though, depends. So no additional action is required.
    Prince_Raymond[Deleted User]
    edited November 2018

What is on the internal tracker, is already "in the works". How long it'll be in the works, though, depends. So no additional action is required.

In that case, I owe a long-overdue, heartfelt "Thank you." to Mr. Andrew Gauthier for updating the status of the original bug report and submitting it to the internal tracker. To paraphrase Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, it is but one small step toward my ultimate goal, but it gives me hope. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    Julius / BG Team - can you please raise this question for Next LiveStream :

For IE EE Games Mobile Versions:

Can we get an interface section at the end of the (bottom) interface buttons where we can assign temporary Party Groups?

For instance, I think it would make gameplay a lot smoother to be able to tap on button1 and order my Summons to lead the attack, then push on a second button to have Melee NPCs then follow in the assault and then finally tap button 3 for ranged attackers (to move back or fire etc).

This would especially be helpful in cases where poison is a concern etc ...

So - essentially:

- Use existing select interface button to select multiple party members / summons
    - Tap on a number in the new interface entry (to assign temporary group 1)
    - Add an X button the dissolve a group when not needed any longer.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited November 2018
    Have a question for the team – shoot!

Nah, at this distance I'd only miss anyway and I don't need another hole in my monitor. :D

TR
    Prince_RaymondJuliusBorisov
    I am not able to attend these sessions due to work.

Is this the right place to submit questions for those streams if chatting during the stream is not possible?

I generally watch later after work.
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    edited November 2018
    Can we a get a better way to update our NWN mods with patches so players don't have to restart a module to get the latest fixes and new content?
    We can update a hak with script fixes and some other stuff but not so much for areas - newly added areas seem to be inaccessible for instance. If we could expand on a module by adding new areas via a module's modXYZ_areas.hak that would be very handy.

some related threads:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73046/how-do-i-update-patch-my-custom-modules#latest
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73065/nwhak-exe-bug#latest
    JuliusBorisov
    DonCzirr said:

I am not able to attend these sessions due to work.

Is this the right place to submit questions for those streams if chatting during the stream is not possible?

I generally watch later after work.
    Yes, exactly. Questions from here and from Discord can be passed to the developers.
    Prince_Raymond

Yes, exactly. Questions from here and from Discord can be passed to the developers.

That being said, can we get a ballpark figure of how much money it would take for the developers to continue devoting their time and resources to the expansion of the NWN:EE content? Would it be possible for end users with steady flows of income, who have previously bought NWN:EE to donate funds toward this endeavor? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

StummvonBordwehr
    Do you have questions for Luke and Trent for the stream tomorrow?
    [Deleted User]
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Just a status report on the time travel project.
    TorgrimmerJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    CamDawg said:

Just a status report on the time travel project.
    They will release it last year :p
    JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Yes, I do have a question - which is the role of @CamDawg in the #bringbackSODcompanions project? Thanks :)
    StummvonBordwehr
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Aedan said:

Yes, I do have a question - which is the role of @CamDawg in the #bringbackSODcompanions project? Thanks :)

Same as my role everywhere else--general nuisance. :)
    edited November 2018

Just the one I posted here on Nevervember 13 regarding donations toward further expanding the NWN:EE content. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    edited November 2018
    I have a two questions:
    1. It has been noted that Ossian is working on updated models. Also, work is in progress on NWN's renderer, I think? So, my question is, how is Ossian approaching updating models, given that significant changes could occur that might mean the updated models would need updated again? Or am I simply nuts?

2. I won having myself made into custom portrait a while back. Any word on progress? :)

-JFK
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited November 2018
    Questions for the stream tomorrow:

1) What's the exact status of Steam achievements? Please no business whishy-washy talk. Give us exact numbers! <3<3<3

2) If we buy the Android version of NWN:EE, can we install it on an external SD card? I use Android 7.

3) Will we get forum batches if we participate in the beta test and buy the game on Google Play?

Thank you! May Lolth bless Beamdog!
    AedanJuliusBorisov
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    When is the trailer for Time Travel project going to roll?

Any chance of Beamdog doing a Sci-Fi RPG ? Quality party based Sci-Fi RPGs are rare so producing a good one may yield some good sales .... Perhaps take over the Monte Cook line from inXile ?
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    DonCzirr said:

Any chance of Beamdog doing a Sci-Fi RPG ? Quality party based Sci-Fi RPGs are rare so producing a good one may yield some good sales .... Perhaps take over the Monte Cook line from inXile ?
    Are they fans of Farscape per chance? Because I’d buy a party based isometric Farscape RPG in a heartbeat I am that easy to please.
    There's a ton of good shows and books out there for Sci Fi RPGs - I am not sure how some game publishers feel about trying big name shows however.

On the one hand, it would draw those fans - but on the other, I would think that it would make the contract / legal aspects quite complex.

I'd be happy with Monte Cook material (as mentioned) or ShadowRun (now that HBS is off making big robot games)
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Thanks for getting my questions answered @JuliusBorisov . Exciting times for this game. :)

-JFK
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]lolien
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    DonCzirr said:

There's a ton of good shows and books out there for Sci Fi RPGs - I am not sure how some game publishers feel about trying big name shows however.

On the one hand, it would draw those fans - but on the other, I would think that it would make the contract / legal aspects quite complex.

I'd be happy with Monte Cook material (as mentioned) or ShadowRun (now that HBS is off making big robot games)

Don’t really know how ‘big’ Farscape is the show has been dead for years and even then it was small potato’s in the final seasons which is criminal. Being owned by Sci fy channel though would be messy I guess. I just love the colourful aliens and the atmosphere of the galaxy in the show. It’s really charming and whacky and opens up possibilities for a whole bunch of adventures. How bout they call it Starscape?

The books I can think about are probably pretty messy as I think they are getting purchased for TV/Film adaptions ala Foundation, Forever War, Neuromancer etc.

As for Shadowrun isn’t the rights for the games a bit murky? I think Microsoft hold the rights for consoles so if they purchase the rights for the games they can’t ever release them on consoles which is a bit of a negative for potential future revenue. I’d be all for a IE style Shadowrun though oh yes.
    [Deleted User]
    spacejaws said:

DonCzirr said:

As for Shadowrun isn’t the rights for the games a bit murky? I think Microsoft hold the rights for consoles so if they purchase the rights for the games they can’t ever release them on consoles which is a bit of a negative for potential future revenue. I’d be all for a IE style Shadowrun though oh yes.

Absolutely .... that is a real ugly element of gaming these days. Any time you think that it would be a great idea to convert (or extend) a system or IP to a game system, there is a ton of legal rights etc to cut through. Look at the state of KOTOR 2 and the attempt to take it to mobile.

Hopefully Beamdog can find a good partner with both good fiction and core game rules for an isometric party based Sci-Fi RPG one day.

The market is really wide-open for one at the moment ....

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    spacejaws said:

DonCzirr said:

Are they fans of Farscape per chance? Because I’d buy a party based isometric Farscape RPG in a heartbeat I am that easy to please.
    Sure thing, count me in. I'd play as Scorpius to the death ?
    spacejaws
    Not another isometric game please. It's so yesterday. Can't anybody afford a proper 3D engine? From what Trent says in the streams, it appears that making stuff for isometric is more labour intensive as well. Isometric = Nostalgia gone mad.

TR
    My preference is for Isometric and quite a lot of other folks feel comfortable with it as well.

To me, it feels more tactical and generally I prefer the controls.

Surely both formats can have a place in the industry?

At the moment between the Fallouts, Witchers, Assassin's Creeds, Skyrims etc - there is no shortage of quality 3D RPGs.

So - I will keep my hopes up for some additional quality isometric releases from Beamdog ....
This discussion has been closed.