Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Have any of you ever noticed a Simulacrum clone automatically canceling any orders you give it? I've had this problem for a long time in my installs, and it looks like there's a curious SCS scripting issue that's causing it.

In SCS, Simulacrum clones start with the DW#IMAGE.bcs script, which is mostly used to assign a more appropriate script for the clone (so, a lich clone is assigned a different script from a beholder clone). Here's the thing: the script starts with a couple of blocks that assign the clone a special script if the clone is friendly to the player:
    IF
    	OnCreation()
    	!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    	!Gender(Myself,ILLUSIONARY)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		ChangeAIScript("d0simul",GENERAL)
    END

IF
    	OnCreation()
    	!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
    	Gender(Myself,ILLUSIONARY)
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		ChangeAIScript("d0pimag",GENERAL)
    END

Those two scripts, d0simul and d0pimage, don't appear to exist anywhere in SCS; there's no such script file either in the override folder or in the stratagems folder. In fact, when I Google d0simul, the only references date back many years ago. This means the standard script in SCS simply gives player-created clones a blank script, so they won't do anything the player doesn't order them to.

At the end of the script, though, enemy clones get assigned a different script, DW#2CONI.bcs, if they didn't qualify for any of the more specific scripts.

I checked my clones in-game using CTRL-M and found the problem: the clones that weren't working properly (the clones that would cancel my orders and sometimes cast Divination spells if my main character was invisible) had the DW#2CONI.bcs script, which presumably is supposed to be for enemy clones only. My clones that did work properly had the dummy script, d0simul.

So why did some of my clones have the dummy script, while others had a malfunctioning enemy script?

Apparently, if you give any order to a clone the instant it is created, then for some reason it will skip the block that gives it the dummy script. Instead, it will get the malfunctioning enemy script. For example, I have auto-pause on spell cast, and sometimes I would immediately give a clone an order the instant it was created. All of those clones got broken scripts.

However, if I leave the clone alone for a second or two, it will go from the idle animation to the "in-combat" animation (the one where it holds up its weapons, if it has any), and then it will obey orders normally, because it has the dummy script.

So, if you have SCS and you're having trouble getting your Simulacrum clones to behave, just leave them alone for a couple seconds after creating them. After a second or two, they'll get assigned a dummy script that won't interfere with any of your commands, and they'll behave just like they're supposed to.
    histamiiniWise_GrimwaldlolienBlind_Visionary
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2019
    @semiticgod Is this with the newest SCS v32.8 or the v31? I'm using the beta and I've similar problem with Deva. It only moves a little after move command at a time, and I've to keep moving him little by little. I tried waiting a while after summoning it, but that doesn't seem to help.
    @histamiini: Looks like I've got v31 on this particular install. I've never had this problem with celestials, though I've had it with Balthazar in Ascension at the Throne of Bhaal, where the order canceling is considerably worse. I don't know how to fix that problem, unfortunately.
    histamiiniStummvonBordwehr
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2019
    Similarly to previous you can get +2 STR from the test of wrath without getting fallen. Again you need Boots of Speed and Oil of Speed, then cast Farsight on Wraith Sarevok. This way he doesn't activate dialogue immediatelly when he sees you and you get enough time to charm him with the Control Circlet through his 100 Magic Resistance. Make Sarevok attack you, so that he follows you to the main area. Then attack him, take the evil route, and kill him. Then click back to the wrath area, pausing before you arrive, then click back to the exit. Again I found this working about half the time.

t9o2234i8agg.png
    isnri2h5cx0p.png
    qn8smrybo0su.png
    jwfvocbcxbat.png
    liogb9ubb3ig.png
    Post edited by histamiini on
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SPRaduziellolien
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2019
    Did you know that in the classic Icewind Dale (with Heart of Winter) if you cast Dispel Magic on a Shapechanged Druid they are no longer prevented from equipping a weapon. This allows you to equip Frostbrand to stack even further ridiculous damage resistances, e.g.,
    with Water Elemental Form:
    Crushing 100%
    Piercing 115%
    Slashing 115%
    Missile 85%
    Acid 75%
    Cold 65%
    Electricity -60%
    Fire 127%,

currently making my F/D an epic Remorhaz slayer,
    or use ranged weaponry/on-hit-effect weapons, e.g.,
    Darts of Stunning, Talon of the Gloomfrost, ...

Maybe already mentioned, but I found it cool! Not sure if it applies in the EE; any testers?
    semiticgoddessMontresor_SPAerakarWise_Grimwald
    The Master Brain in the mind flayer city doesn't drop Master Brain blood. It drops Elder Brain blood.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrlolien
    The Summon Dark Planetar spell doesn't summon a Dark Planetar. It summons a Fallen Planetar.

The Mordenkainen's Sword spell doesn't summon a Mordenkainen's Sword. It summons a Magical Sword.
    ThacoBelllolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Spell revisions does something similar with Shadow Door as I have been trapped in that maze and ended with a game over screen as well. Not sure yet if CC's would counter that as I high tail it away from them when they caste it nowadays.
    semiticgoddessRaduzielAerakarlolien
    Larry, Darryl, and Darryl are all Lawful Evil. A paladin would be perfectly justified in killing them on sight after using Detect Evil.
    WarChiefZekeAerakarThacoBelllolien
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    "justified"
    AerakarJaheiras_Witnesslolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Larry, Darryl, and Darryl are all Lawful Evil. A paladin would be perfectly justified in killing them on sight after using Detect Evil.

But if Paladin Bob kills them, they won't be able to open the restaurant next to his inn. ;)
    Zaghoul
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Objects in this room are not to scale.

4dq58nfpow02.png
    semiticgoddessMontresor_SPThacoBelllolien
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Objects in this room are not to scale.

4dq58nfpow02.png

Why would you need plant that big on the table? :open_mouth:
  • harperfan7harperfan7 Member Posts: 30
    Has anyone mentioned the easter egg in the Trademeet background noise? Go there and listen for a couple minutes, see if you notice the Office Space reference. Hint: Stapler.
    ThacoBellhistamiini