Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Wise_Grimwald , I'd really like to do a run using that Holy Redeemer kit. Could you post a link to the mod?

Is it available to half-orcs? Humans can't be fighter-clerics, and I'd rather play a half-orc than a dwarf. I guess maybe I could be a half elf.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited May 2019
    It is certainly available to Half-Orcs ion my set-up but I have a lot of mods installed which alter the availability of classes and kits. It is in the I hate undead mod which has 12 kits as below:

~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Undead Predator (Ranger Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Holy Redeemer (Cleric Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Deathslayer (Wizard Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #3 // Undead Hunter Revision (Paladin Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #4 // Death Tricker (Thief Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #5 // Burial Defender (Fighter Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #6 // Grave Mourner (Bard Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #7 // Circle Enforcer (Druid Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #8 // Jaheira, the Circle Enforcer: 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #9 // Pallid Mask (Monk Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #10 // Dreadful Witch (Shaman Kit): 3.1
    ~IHATEUNDEAD/IHATEUNDEAD.TP2~ #0 #11 // Imprisoned Soul (Sorcerer Kit): 3.1

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65700/kit-pack-i-hate-undead-iwd-eet-bgee-bg2ee/p2
    StummvonBordwehrBelgarathMTH
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @BelgarathMTH

Yes, Half-Orcs can be Holy Redeemers.

Use version 3.2 (released today)

https://github.com/Raduziel/I-Hate-Undead-Kitpack/releases

I hope you like it. Both you and @Wise_Grimwald are welcome to provide feedback.
    BelgarathMTH
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Raduziel , If I buy and play BG1 with SoD installed, and BG2 all on the Beamdog client instead of Steam, can I install the mod in the traditional Weidu way without needing ModMerge?

Also, is ModMerge needed for the Steam version of IWD:EE? And if so, will the mod work without ModMerge in the Beamdog client version of IWD:EE?

Thanks.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2019
    @Raduziel , If I buy and play BG1 with SoD installed, and BG2 all on the Beamdog client instead of Steam, can I install the mod in the traditional Weidu way without needing ModMerge?

Also, is ModMerge needed for the Steam version of IWD:EE? And if so, will the mod work without ModMerge in the Beamdog client version of IWD:EE?

Thanks.

Modmerge is only required for SoD installs on GOG and Steam. You wouldn't need it for IWDEE for instance. It's also not needed on the Beamdog client.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    JuliusBorisovlolienThacoBellBelgarathMTH
    Raduziel wrote: »
    @BelgarathMTH

Yes, Half-Orcs can be Holy Redeemers.

Use version 3.2 (released today)

https://github.com/Raduziel/I-Hate-Undead-Kitpack/releases

I hope you like it. Both you and @Wise_Grimwald are welcome to provide feedback.

My Holy Redeemer run didn't last that long, but that was due to the way that I played rather than a fault in the mod. I quite like the kit.
    Raduziel
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    All three of Yeslick's basic selection quotes contain "you need." Also, while most joinable NPCs have four easter egg quotes they say when you click on them a bunch of times, Yeslick only has three assigned. He actually has a fourth one, in which he whistles, but it's unused.

Well, being locked up in a mine for months probably got him talking to himself a lot!
    RaduzielmlneveseWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Let's compare the stats of a Pit Fiend summoned by the Gate spell and a Planetar summoned by the Summon Planetar spell.

Pit Fiend:

Max HP: 80
    AC: -8
    THAC0: 4
    Attacks 5 times per round for 3d4+9 damage per hit; strikes as a +4 weapon
    Save vs. Death: 5
    Save vs. Wand: 7
    Save vs. Polymorph: 6
    Save vs. Breath: 5
    Save vs. Spell: 8
    Fire Resistance: 100%
    Poison Resistance: 100%
    Magic Resistance: 50%
    Regeneration: 1 HP per 3 seconds
    Can only hit by +3 weapons and above
    Immune to poison, charm, fear, confusion, feeblemind, and polymorph effects

Planetar:

Max HP: 110
    AC: -8
    THAC0: -4
    Attacks 5 times per round (4 normally, +1 because Planetars are permanently hasted) for 2d10+15 damage per hit; strikes as a +3 weapon. With each hit, there is a 26% chance that the target is hit by Dispel Magic and must Save vs. Death at -2 or be killed instantly.
    Save vs. Death: 3
    Save vs. Wand: 5
    Save vs. Polymorph: 4
    Save vs. Breath: 4
    Save vs. Spell: 6
    Fire Resistance: 100%
    Cold Resistance: 100%
    Electricity Resistance: 100%
    Magic Resistance: 75%
    Slashing Resistance: 10%
    Piercing Resistance: 10%
    Crushing Resistance: 10%
    Missile Resistance: 10%
    Regeneration: 8 HP per second (4 normally, which is doubled due to haste)
    Can only hit by +3 weapons and above
    Immune to backstab, poison, charm, confusion, feeblemind, level drain, petrification, instant death and polymorph effects

It's kind of lame that a monster that some archmages sacrifice their souls to command is weaker than a being an archmage of the same power could command with no risk. And besides, since when are planetars supposed to be more powerful than pit fiends anyway? I was under the impression that pit fiends and balors were almost as powerful as solars.
    StummvonBordwehrlolienPermidion_Stark
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Well, you can summon only one Planetar, while you can have multiple Fiends.

Which will then attack each other. :|
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2019
    I'm sure protection from evil works on them.

And what's wrong with those specifics? They seem so awesome.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Which will then attack each other. :|

And won't provide XP for what they kill.
    The description of Negative Plane Protection says it can't be cast in the Negative Energy Plane. I guess it wouldn't do the Nameless One much good in the Fortress of Regrets.
    JuliusBorisovDJKajuruChroniclerMontresor_SP
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    The description of Negative Plane Protection says it can't be cast in the Negative Energy Plane. I guess it wouldn't do the Nameless One much good in the Fortress of Regrets.

Do they have the spell Positive Plane Protection in the Negative Energy Plane?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    There appears to be a bug with SCS v32 in which joinable NPCs are immortal (until, I think, they join the party). I first noticed it when a charmed Jaheira refused to die at the FAI and therefore never dropped her Potion of Invisibility, but it looks like (SoD spoiler)
    Caelar also benefits from it. She can't drop below 1 HP due to an opcode on her .cre file. She also levels up all the way up to the XP cap, which puts her at level 40 instead of her vanilla level 15. Even after joining the party and leveling up, she's still immortal.
    StummvonBordwehr
    I am not sure that this is a bug. It might well be intended behaviour. I know for a fact that Shar-Teel used to die quite a lot in the battle with CHARNAME before agreeing to join the party, and a lot of work was done to make her immortal UNTIL she offered to join the party. This might well be of a similar nature.
    semiticgoddessThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I am not sure that this is a bug. It might well be intended behaviour. I know for a fact that Shar-Teel used to die quite a lot in the battle with CHARNAME before agreeing to join the party, and a lot of work was done to make her immortal UNTIL she offered to join the party. This might well be of a similar nature.

Beamdog has made a couple NPC's immortal during their introductory quests. Shar-Teel and Neera.

Shar-Teel duels the one of your party's men until she's low on HP, which didn't used to be a problem until Dorn was introduced with his 19 Strength. He has a tendency to skip right past the Low HP Marker into dead. Neera of course is a fragile level 1 mage and has her wild surges to contend with.

Beamdog hasn't done anything to Jaheira though, and there's no way Spoiler is supposed to be level 40 at that point in the trilogy, so it sounds like the mod's been tampering with some things, with maybe sometimes unexpected consequences.
    DJKajuruWise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Chronicler: The level 40 thing is just a factor of the XP cap being removed. In fact, we'd still have a problem even with the vanilla XP cap: if the XP cap applied to this process, then Spoiler would be stuck at level 10, when she's supposed to be level 13 or 15.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @Chronicler I have killed Shar Teel in the past without Norn in the group. All that was required for that to happen was to fight with powerful weapons and buffing. Of course, once you knew that it could happen, you could avoid it.

Similarly with Shoal. Players who know that she can be killed know to avoid buffing and powerful weapons otherwise the fight with her husband doesn't take place and you also have to pay for your party member to be raised.

It used to be true that Tazok could be killed if you avoided him speaking to you, but now if you kill him the game crashes. :'( That is unless that bug has been removed since I last killed him.
    ThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    What is interesting, in Pillars of Eternity, they also used wall signs and objects to notify the player about a trap. Thanks go to @Tresset for spotting this and telling me. I think it's a nice easter egg mechanic from BG1.
    ThacoBellMontresor_SP
    These signs were probably installed so that people didn't set off their own traps.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    semiticgod wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug with SCS v32 in which joinable NPCs are immortal (until, I think, they join the party).

Intentional (though that doesn’t mean it’s working perfectly).

semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov