Skip to content

BG3 confirmed

Comments

• DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    I can't even jump to a conclusion whether there's an actual link there or not, I just think it's interesting that they'd put WOTC licensed art in their corporate spin documentary . the obvious answer is that Larian is a bunch of D&D nerds, which should be extremely apparent
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    edited October 2018
    If I would be the head of Wotc, I would invest money in Baldur's gate, Planescape game (not necessarily a sequels) , Spelljammer and one place for Forgotten realms never seen before.
    Post edited by wildfire on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @wildfire Maztica?
    LadyRhian said:

@wildfire Maztica?

Sure, I mean BG was just one part of Forgotten realms world. Interesting characters and narrative was reason it felt alive. One could do this in another setting.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Yes. Oh, so much, yes! :)
    edited November 2018
    More on the BG3 :Black Hound
    https://youtu.be/H-PV9Xhj0Mo?t=5416
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    wildfire said:

If I would be the head of Wotc, I would invest money in Baldur's gate, Planescape game (not necessarily a sequels) , Spelljammer and one place for Forgotten realms never seen before.

What I wouldn't give for a Spelljammer game. There could not be a better setting for a high level party except maybe Planescape. So much to do, so much to see, it could be one of the best open worlds if they did it right and stuck to the lore.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    With this news of inXile being bought by Microsoft, I now can believe maybe it is indeed inXile that is making BG3. With MS's backing WotC would have a LOT more confidence that inXile could deliver a really good game, because inXile on its own has delivered two rather shoddy products recently in the form of BT4 and T:ToN.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The game will be fully based on JavaScript. A company mole told me, so it must be true.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Todd Howard told me there will be settlement building bug/feature. It's a source I can trust.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    I have it on a reliable source the wizards of the coast are involved and there will be swords.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Wake me up when September ends we get to Skull Crag.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Guys, my uncle works at Nintendo. BG3 is going to be on the Switch and will rely entirely on motion controls.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    I thought that BG3 was going to be a mobile only game.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736

You are all wrong; I heard from a reliable source that BG3 is on the works by the people who made Sandrah Saga.

I heard from an even more reliable source that it's being made by the guy who wrote the Baldur's Gate novelizations.

Enough with sharing sikrets, you two.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    well as microsoft now owns both obsidean and inexile the dream of a bg 3 from those two are dead.
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    ThacoBell said:

Guys, my uncle works at Nintendo. BG3 is going to be on the Switch and will rely entirely on motion controls.

Rumor Confirmed: Sonic the Hedgehog is in Baldur's Gate 3 and you can shoot him with a gun

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    A highly doubt this potential BG3 has anything to do with that old thing, though. Maybe in the same sense as New Vegas reused plotlines and lore fluff from the old Van Buren project.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    edited May 2019
    https://kotaku.com/the-makers-of-divinity-original-sin-2-are-teasing-bald-1835128071

They didn't really source their sleuthing, but this article makes it sound like the big III on Larian's website isn't for Divinity, Original Sin 3, but is instead for Baldur's Gate 3.

Crazy, if true. We might be close to an announcement.

Edit - it's in the twitter link.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kunkken/status/1134152822583386112
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited May 2019
    Yea it’s pretty blatant. The metadata for the files on the site specifically call it ’Baldurs Gate Logo III’ and have references to Wizards of the Coast copyright.

Plus that Kotaku Larian Baldurs Gate 3 article has been retweeted by Brian Fargo saying something like ‘Here it comes’
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    As much as I love Beamdog, I'm very glad that BG3 is actually being worked on by a capable company like Larian. Otherwise we would have to wait 15 years for its release.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    I wonder if I should regret not applying to Larian three years ago when they had an opening in my city.

...Probably not, I hate offices and slavery employment.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited May 2019
    It's not that the game will be set in Baldur's Gate even if the game's title says that. After all, BG2 were set in Athkatla, which is Amn, not Sword Coast. Maybe the title is just being kept for nostalgia reason, just to pull a BG franchise fanbase. BG3 can be as well set in any other place in Faerun an not be centered around original protagonist at all. I wouldn't worry that Larian would somehow continue original plot.

Edit: I think Larian is learning on their mistakes. DOS2 is way less goofy than DOS.
This discussion has been closed.