Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Basic truths:
    1) There are no Baldur's Gate Books concerning the Bhaalspawn

2) Starship Troopers is an amazing book. Someone should make a movie using this story. Maybe even two to tell the whole story.

@BillyYank

I don't think the modern world would accept a movie that says unironically that war turns brats into real men, corporal punishment Is good, only soldiers should vote and nuclear weapons aren't bad.

For the record i love power armor but i can't stomach Heinlein's worldview.

The entire book is a critic to this worldview. Showing what happens when it's taken to an extreme with the military inventing new wars to justify their existence .. That's the reason for the commercials, etc

It doesn't praise this worldview at all.

That's more like the Verhoven movie than the book.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    BillyYank wrote: »
    He's clearly a modern demon with no prejudices against devils. Maybe he even hangs out with celestials sometimes :wink:

A lot of that going around lately.

h9vhlyfqru94.jpg

Quite modern those two. They realized a long time ago that their bosses were the ones who had problems with each other not them.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Out of context. It first describes the uselessness of lilarcor as a person. Therefore the description makes sense
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    rzje9cr7wkmc.jpg
    mv66h99hqqhw.png
    vbowdjjd5tjz.png
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If the BG3 skeptics can forgive me for teasing them:

efxi1xk4akee.jpg
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    This makes me sad :(
    7yyd9s515cq6.png

And somewhere a Half-Life fan Is crying.
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    BG1 description of a +3 sword:
    This is a legendary weapon of heroic proportions... and the blood it has spilled could fill a small sea. History will not admit that such a blade could be forged and each consecutive owner seems to tie its origin to whatever creation myth they believe... whatever the truth, in the right hands this sword is a fearsome thing.

BG2 description of a +3 sword:
    As a weapon, Lilarcor has its uses.

Theres a +3 sword in BG1?
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    BG1 description of a +3 sword:
    This is a legendary weapon of heroic proportions... and the blood it has spilled could fill a small sea. History will not admit that such a blade could be forged and each consecutive owner seems to tie its origin to whatever creation myth they believe... whatever the truth, in the right hands this sword is a fearsome thing.

BG2 description of a +3 sword:
    As a weapon, Lilarcor has its uses.

Theres a +3 sword in BG1?

"The World's Edge" Its in Durlag's Tower.

Thanks.
    Charname's reaction to Baldur's Gate 3.

''ah shit. Here we go again''.

• HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    No disrespect to the guys who put the trailer for BG3 together, but I don't like it. My list of things I like to see in trailers? Seeing a man's body violently torn apart and morphed into that of a squid-faced monster like something out of Call of Cthulhu or Warhammer 40k is NOT on it. I'm now kinda worried the rest of the game might be full of things that make me lose my lunch as well.
    No disrespect to the guys who put the trailer for BG3 together, but I don't like it. My list of things I like to see in trailers? Seeing a man's body violently torn apart and morphed into that of a squid-faced monster like something out of Call of Cthulhu or Warhammer 40k is NOT on it. I'm now kinda worried the rest of the game might be full of things that make me lose my lunch as well.

That's an Illithid. They have been a classic d&d Monster since 1st edition.

Yeah, I know that. I've played the game enough times to know what a mind flayer is, and read up on the lore besides. But did you SEE the trailer? It was the stuff of nightmares!

Agree, very Warhmmer-esque. Although D&D always had it's share of creepy stuff. Like Ravenloft.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    8j59si5ews8w.jpg

When did Star Butterfly went nuts?
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    semiticgod wrote: »
    8j59si5ews8w.jpg

When did Star Butterfly went nuts?

Ummm...always?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I got really hyped with the horror-style trailer. I have my share of easy-going stuff playing Pokemon.
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I got really hyped with the horror-style trailer. I have my share of easy-going stuff playing Pokemon.

Is it too late to ask Larian to make a game based on Warhmmer Fantasy Roleplay?

XD
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

XD

I would prefer a Ravenloft based game but I know that it is a lost cause.

XD

I would prefer a Ravenloft based game but I know that it is a lost cause.

I know how you feel bro.

Bloodborne is the closest thing to a modern Ravenloft game we have.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Agree, very Warhmmer-esque. Although D&D always had it's share of creepy stuff. Like Ravenloft.

Granted, but on the scale of average creepy stuff in D&D, I think Ravenloft is more of an outlier than an exemplar.

XD

Actually, someone already did that. Or at least they made A RPG set in Warhammer's universe. Voila.