Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Another wizard with a strength score of 8 can carry 200 pounds of Illithium, several full plate armors, large shields, two-handed swords, and Ao knows what else in a Bag of Holding which doesn't change its weight no matter what or how much you stuff into it.

A wizard can't carry 20 different scrolls but they can easily carry 40 identical scrolls because only identical scrolls can be stacked.
    ZaramMaldovarThacoBellProontDaevelon
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I have a friend who told me that in one of his campaigns he had a group of halflings living inside his Bag of Holding and they would occasionally come out and attack his enemies.

Someone's DM was a bit lazy, then. The rules surrounding bags of holding specifically forbid this, as you have no way of replenishing your fresh air.

Can an undead live on your bag?

Trick question. They are already dead, so sure. Though I would imagine this would be up to DM discretion. That's actually a fantastic idea, though. If your character is a vampire, you would theoretically be able to survive in a BoH. Alternately, if you were going into an area of null magic, you could stuff them full of undead summons, such as skeleton warriors.

As far as I know, the rule only applies to creatures which need air to breathe.
    Proont
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I have a friend who told me that in one of his campaigns he had a group of halflings living inside his Bag of Holding and they would occasionally come out and attack his enemies.

Someone's DM was a bit lazy, then. The rules surrounding bags of holding specifically forbid this, as you have no way of replenishing your fresh air.

True but he WAS the DM so technically he can do whatever he wants.

Proont
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    Rest for 19 days on mind flayer dungeon

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1777742249

Nobody cares.

PS : I tried to play BG with an party, but they are so awful that i decided to go solo this time... Again
    Montresor_SPBalrog99ProontZaramMaldovar
    I just realized this thread has been around for two years. It feels great to have all this camaraderie.

Here's one: Frankly with how high your bounty gets in BG1, I'm surprised that more people aren't trying to kill Charname.

I definitely understand nobody going after charname in TOB because at point you're literally strong enough to shatter armies so what good does the average bounty hunter have against you? But in BG1? There has be someone who is strong enough to take the party out.
    ProontChroniclerArvia
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I just realized this thread has been around for two years. It feels great to have all this camaraderie.

Here's one: Frankly with how high your bounty gets in BG1, I'm surprised that more people aren't trying to kill Charname.

I definitely understand nobody going after charname in TOB because at point you're literally strong enough to shatter armies so what good does the average bounty hunter have against you? But in BG1? There has be someone who is strong enough to take the party out.

Sarevok seems to have sent his bounty notice to all the local bounty hunters. It sounds like there just isn't a terribly thriving bounty industry in The Sword Coast.

Nashkel seemed to be a reasonably sized city but it only had two bounties worth pocket change. Have to wonder how many bounty hunters that sort of job market can support. God forbid they have families to feed.

Which is another thing. The gold from these missions just doesn't compare to the gold you make adventuring. You're gonna be walking around in all your state of the art equipment after a few adventures and meanwhile the bounty hunters are barely making enough to pay for ammunition.

Truly the plight of the Sword Coast Bounty Hunter is deplorable. A cycle of poverty that preys on our most vulnerable and inevitably leaves them dead before their time.
    semiticgoddessProontMontresor_SPStromael
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Chronicler wrote: »

Sarevok seems to have sent his bounty notice to all the local bounty hunters. It sounds like there just isn't a terribly thriving bounty industry in The Sword Coast.

Nashkel seemed to be a reasonably sized city but it only had two bounties worth pocket change. Have to wonder how many bounty hunters that sort of job market can support. God forbid they have families to feed.

Which is another thing. The gold from these missions just doesn't compare to the gold you make adventuring. You're gonna be walking around in all your state of the art equipment after a few adventures and meanwhile the bounty hunters are barely making enough to pay for ammunition.

Truly the plight of the Sword Coast Bounty Hunter is deplorable. A cycle of poverty that preys on our most vulnerable and inevitably leaves them dead before their time.

Meanwhile, when I play a bounty hunter I'm powerful enough to kill Elminster four times! Maybe they're just not doing it right...
    ZaramMaldovarProontMontresor_SP
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    At least the waylaiding enemies, slavers and silver-sword seekers in bg2 have the common sense to attack you in groups XD

True. When ten of those bandits come at you with their bows and arrows at once it can be quite devastating. But then they'd have to split the pay 10 ways!
    OlvynChuruPsicoVicProontMontresor_SP
    @PsicoVic
    Well drat that renders moot my entire thread.

Why is inventory space such a hassle? Wizards!
    Proont
    @OlvynChuru
    See in this case the answer being wizards actually makes complete sense. The cowled wizards run the place, they don't have to apply logic to their actions if they don't want to.

Hey, you know that Bhaalspawn that just cleared a Planar Sphere of dozens of creatures from only the gods know where and massacred some of our most powerful members without breaking a sweat?

That same Bhaalspawn who also stormed Spellhold, passed all the "tests", stomped the guy who kicked our asses only to flee into the Underdark and STILL come back alive?

That same Bhaalspawn who seemed to have solved every problem in Southern Amn in the space of less than two months? That same Bhaalspawn who stopped the Iron Crisis, defeated Sarevok and fought off a literal infernal invasion from the depths of the Nine Hells all BEFORE setting foot in the Planr Sphere.

Yeah we should extort that guy.

Better yet, "That guy just used 'Stoneskin' in the Slums District. You guys go get him!"
    ProontThacoBell
    @PsicoVic
    Crom Faeyr is a War Hammer but that was brilliant.
    PsicoVicBalrog99semiticgoddessProont
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    XD I was thinking Carsomyr but got cross-wired, it seems.
    Balrog99
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    XD I was thinking Carsomyr but got cross-wired, it seems.

No worries mate! What would a bunch of low-life slavers know about artifact level weapons anyway?
    ElysianEchoesZaramMaldovarProontMontresor_SP