Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited June 2019
    Agree, very Warhmmer-esque. Although D&D always had it's share of creepy stuff. Like Ravenloft.

Granted, but on the scale of average creepy stuff in D&D, I think Ravenloft is more of an outlier than an exemplar.
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I got really hyped with the horror-style trailer. I have my share of easy-going stuff playing Pokemon.

Is it too late to ask Larian to make a game based on Warhmmer Fantasy Roleplay?

XD

Actually, someone already did that. Or at least they made A RPG set in Warhammer's universe. Voila.

That's more based on the board game of the same name (and a pretty mediocre adaptation), which Is a sequel to the classic HeroQuest. I was thinking of a Warhmmer game done in the style of Divinity or Baldur's Gate.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Agree, very Warhmmer-esque. Although D&D always had it's share of creepy stuff. Like Ravenloft.

Granted, but on the scale of average creepy stuff in D&D, I think Ravenloft is more of an outlier than an exemplar.
    I got really hyped with the horror-style trailer. I have my share of easy-going stuff playing Pokemon.

XD

Actually, someone already did that. Or at least they made A RPG set in Warhammer's universe. Voila.

That's more based on the board game of the same name (and a pretty mediocre adaptation), which Is a sequel to the classic HeroQuest. I was thinking of a Warhmmer game done in the style of Divinity or Baldur's Gate.

I think the closest you're gonna get to that is those Mordheim games. Maybe the Vermintide hack 'n' slash outings. Possibly the Warhammer-based Diablo rip-off?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

XD

I think the closest you're gonna get to that is those Mordheim games. Maybe the Vermintide hack 'n' slash outings. Possibly the Warhammer-based Diablo rip-off?

Mordheim Is interesting. Vermintide Is basically Left 4 Dead with a Warhmmer skin and i usually avoid games with no single player. It's a shame Chaosbane turned out to be a ''so okay it's average'' Diablo clone.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    wobq1pvk6tmv.png
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    What about the old fireball your enemies who are inside the fog of war? :)
    Who do you think the story of BG III will center on? Do you think it'll be closer to the previous games (god-child or other signficant-to-the-setting asignation) or Icewind Dale (where you're just a rando who stumbled into things not meant to involve you)?
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster
    Probably closer to IWD since it's already been established that this isn't a continuation of the story of the first two games.
    Ok... thread closed...
    Just kidding :)
    I hope we can make more of these
    (Party standing around)
    Neera: Has anyone seen Korgan?
    Yoshimo: Hang on, I got this...*ahem*
    Yoshimo: DRINK HAIL!
    Korgan: (Smashes through wall) WASSAIL FOR ALL! ME AXE BE BLOODY READY!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    All these comments about speculation acting like Larian hasn't said some very alarming things about the game.
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    All these comments about speculation acting like Larian hasn't said some very alarming things about the game.

What? What did they say?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    This thread is just for memes; we have a whole other subforum for discussing BG3.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    This thread is just for memes; we have a whole other subforum for discussing BG3.

I'm just saying, if you want to say things like "Larian [has] said some very alarming things about the game" in a public forum, you should really be prepared to back them up.

To that end, maybe @ThacoBell and I could take this to that very subforum or messages and talk about those "very alarming things", while this thread continues to be meme-friendly.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster: Thank you; that would be best.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @HalfOrcBeastmaster Check out the subforum. Larian's interviews are all over it.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    mlnevese wrote: »
    kqchr7ogdqf2.png

Weak dwarf.. ? WEAK DWARF? Who drew this???
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Skatan , I took it as a bard joke and not as a dwarf joke. He's just denigrating him for being a bard and calling him by his race, that is, he's weak because he's a bard, not because he's a dwarf. In what edition could dwarves start being bards, though? Not that they always shouldn't have been. Skald is perfect for dwarves. And Rich Burlew just recently prominently featured two dwarven bards in the fight he's got going on right now in Order of the Stick.
    The author is playing with stereotypes and tropes :)