Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    @Skatan , I took it as a bard joke and not as a dwarf joke. He's just denigrating him for being a bard and calling him by his race, that is, he's weak because he's a bard, not because he's a dwarf. In what edition could dwarves start being bards, though? Not that they always shouldn't have been. Skald is perfect for dwarves. And Rich Burlew just recently prominently featured two dwarven bards in the fight he's got going on right now in Order of the Stick.

3rd edition, when basic race/class restrictions went the way of the dodo bird and disco. Some prestige classes were restricted by race, and of course alignment restrictions didn't go away entirely, but bards were definitely all-races friendly (in theory at least; dumb racial Charisma penalties meant even if you could, it wasn't necessarily true that you should).
    mlnevese
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited June 2019
    @Skatan , I took it as a bard joke and not as a dwarf joke. He's just denigrating him for being a bard and calling him by his race, that is, he's weak because he's a bard, not because he's a dwarf. In what edition could dwarves start being bards, though? Not that they always shouldn't have been. Skald is perfect for dwarves. And Rich Burlew just recently prominently featured two dwarven bards in the fight he's got going on right now in Order of the Stick.

My friend, I hope you understand I was merely joking! :) But as someone who identifies as Dwarf, and since @grum sadly is never here anymore, I felt inclined to speak up, hehe..

Edit: Btw, I see now it have to be a duergar, and it's totally fine to belittle those basterds! :P
    mlneveselolienMontresor_SP
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Sjerrie
    True, but I'm doing a challenge where I just start over with a new class if I die.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/75807/zaram-maldovars-ill-fated-no-reload-journey-attempt-1-zhira-the-shadowdancer

I'm even already generating new characters just in case. But so far this run is going surprisingly well (although I may have to grind some more because Kivan ruined Bandit Camp for me)
    Sjerrie
    rbkbxtxbwu27.jpg
    mlneveseHalfOrcBeastmasterSjerrieMontresor_SP
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    Amellysan, but w/e.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    rbkbxtxbwu27.jpg

Go for the head
    Balrog99sarevok57
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Isn't that supposed to be the other way around?
    semiticgoddessPsicoVicStromaelElrandir
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    It could be!
    o2fqkr3hb75l.png

I'm disappointed that nobody else made this meme.

rmj4jbvqbgka.png
    0pulqbzzs666.png

PsicoVicBelgarathMTHArviaSjerrie
    edited June 2019
    BG funny alignment choices

348fc7.jpg

348bxp.jpg

348cu2.jpg

348euz.jpg

Montresor_SPPermidion_Starksarevok57
    @PsicoVic

Alignment is more complicated that it seems. The Shadow Thieves are organized crime, which is incredibly Lawful Evil so it makes sense for Edwin to be there.
    ThacoBellBelgarathMTHArviaSjerrie
    @PsicoVic

Alignment is more complicated that it seems. The Shadow Thieves are organized crime, which is incredibly Lawful Evil so it makes sense for Edwin to be there.

Well, he also betrays their employers at the first opportunity, breaking the contract and his loyalty to their bosses, which is not a very lawful thing, if you ask me.
    @PsicoVic
    Like I said, Alignment is more complicated than it seems. Lawful Evil characters don't just obey the law all the time. That's not how alignment works.
    ThacoBellBelgarathMTH
    edited June 2019
    When you wasted your lvl9 time stop with a wild surge of hostile demon summoning.
    348kyt.jpg

@PsicoVic
    Like I said, Alignment is more complicated than it seems. Lawful Evil characters don't just obey the law all the time. That's not how alignment works.
    Lawful characters do not have to be law-abiding citizens, but usually have a set of strong personal rules or beliefs, or they like order and traditions, a mindset that upholds the fundaments of society, or are faithful or trustworthy to their cause, some even believe they are doing good for the world,... Edwin seems to do always whatever he wants or thinks is good for him and only for him.

Some good people can do evil things, some chaotic people can do lawful things, but Edwin is persistent in not abide to rules in his entire career in bg.
    Edwin is more a neutral character that does evil things, have a taste for power and lawfully betrays any group and association he joins, from Red wizards to shadow thieves to crusaders ( Besides the baalspawn party, it seems) when he wants to, do accept to travel with rashemen people for a while, and never fails to do whatever it takes to get what he wants, the world be damned. I fail to see any lawful characteristics in him.
    If not, what is the point of alignment?
    No, I am lawful good character but I sometimes look unfazed how my leader poisons druidic groves, rescues rashemen ladies from gnolls just to be able to assassinate them in person, murder someone to use his corpse to open planar spheres, kills dryads for fun and hair, give wild mages to red wizards so they can study them or unidentified corpses to necromancers, recruits evil bastards, joins vampire guilds to kill people, kill innocent bystanders and support slavers.
    That does not make me evil, It is just that sometimes I do evil things.
    Post edited by PsicoVic on
    HalfOrcBeastmasterZaramMaldovar
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Lawful good doing that many averse things. That does not make sense to me.
    PsicoVicHalfOrcBeastmasterThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    A lawful character doesn't necessarily follow EVERY law he encounters. Its more likely they follow a specific code of law. Edwin is a Red Wizard, and while he doesn't seem liked by them, he IS pretty loyal to the organization.
    mlneveseHalfOrcBeastmasterZaramMaldovarArvia
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It's not that you go out of alignment but the number that you go out of alignment that amazed me.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    BALDUR'S WIRE

Scene 1: Sarevok marching epically towards a bunch of merchants.

NPC: Get out of here! He's coming!

NPC 2: Somenthing ain't right.

NPC: Yo yo! Get out of here, Sarevok's coming!

NPC 3: Oh s***!

Sarevok: I'll be needin' all your iron. Don't even think about askin's for Kobolds.

SCENE 2: Minsc in prison

Minsc: Where's Boo at?

Charname and Imoen walk away from Minsc with a sad expression on their faces.

Minsc: WHERE'S BOO AT CHARNAME!? Cuz if there's some evil with eyes let him know. Boo Always goes for the eyes.

Scene 3: Charname and Viconia are ready to face the trials in baator but Charname suddenly stops on his tracks.

Viconia: What are you shy? Walk up to the portal and you'll get to be the new god of murder.

Charname points a crossbow at Viconia.

Viconia: Heh, should have know. You were never a real evil aligned Player Character. Always having feelings and s***.

Charname loads his crossbow

Viconia: How's my hair looking Charname?

Charname: Looks silvery Vic.

CRITICAL HIT

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Raduziel: Have you played Planescape: Torment yet?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    semiticgod wrote: »
    @Raduziel: Have you played Planescape: Torment yet?

@semiticgod Not beyond the Mortuary.
    semiticgoddess