Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @semiticgod Gosh dang it. I like "Booshido" WAAAAY more than I probably should.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    semiticgod wrote: »
    After a little more digging, I've found some video footage of the prologue showing that you can have 6 party members just like in the original game.
    rcyfhd73pkpn.gif

Looks like werewolves are going to make a comeback as classic BG3 enemies!

Hmm. It looks like the pathfinding is the same as in the first two games... Its a neat homage paid to the heritage.

Funny. The video has a surprising liking to my fight against Draconis.
    Grond0lolien
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited June 2019
    true, and this explain a lot of things about them and their powers, when an other creature see an illithid his brain goes nuts for the fear, and hamsters LOVE the nuts...

when an illithid hits you and your int is drained it is not a magical power of him, are the hamsters eating your brain in a very physical way, not because they are evil, they are little cute and lovely animals.
    it is because they are too greedy, when they begin to smell nut they simply can't stop themselves :)
    mlneveseMontresor_SPThacoBell
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    deltago wrote: »
    The Imoen you meet in BG2 is actually a bhaalspawn doppelgänger and figured the best way to escape was assuming the form of your childhood companion who she was tasked with copying way back in Candlekeep before Imoen jumped the wall to travel with you.

This explains the mage spells (greater doppelgängers can cast spells).

Her attitude shift that everyone dismissed because she was tortured.

Why you never come across her “prison.” She was held with the other doppelgänger on the second floor.

Why she went eww of not wanting to know the details of where Boo was hidden even though all through out the first game she wanted to hear stories about butt plugs.

This explains so much.
    Montresor_SPAerakarlolienDaevelon
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited June 2019
    Maurvir wrote: »
    I have a friend who told me that in one of his campaigns he had a group of halflings living inside his Bag of Holding and they would occasionally come out and attack his enemies.
    The rules surrounding bags of holding specifically forbid this, as you have no way of replenishing your fresh air.
    Fun fact: mermaids can live in Bags of Holding because they don't need to breathe air.
    gorgonzolaMontresor_SPAerakarlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2019
    @semiticgod Don't they have to filter air out of the water? Or do they not breathe at all? I would think bags of holding would essentially be a vacuum.

*edit* Oh, right. This thread.
    AerakarlolienRaduziel
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    As long as it's got Larry, Daryl and Daryl in it, they have every right to call it Baldur's Gate 3 (or Newhart 3, whatever).
    mlneveseAerakarPermidion_Stark
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    The new BG3 is going to be awesome.

The game is going to follow the 5ed rules very strictly and the game is going to handle the the no miss partly in a very refined manner.

The game system is obviously going to take place in the very popular “match 3” system.

So basic attacks on a match 3, increased damage on match 4 and 5.

The special tiles created om match 4 and 5 is going to unlock the characters special ability.

You fill a mana meter to unlock HLA.

So 5ed is made easy but also very refined.

The npc’s can be leveled up and boosted by collecting cards for them.

There is going to be chatrooms for players, and loads of daily events and chests.

DLC are going to come often, where special skins, armor and weapon can be bought.

The game is going to be free, but the DLC’s arent. It may be a bit more costly in the long run, but a welcome upgrade to AD&D I dare say.
    mlneveseMontresor_SP
    about BG3 i am only sure of one thing: "you must gather your party..." will be there.
    that, and only that, grants a game the right to be called baldur's gate.
    mlneveseMontresor_SPPermidion_Stark
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The new BG3 is going to be awesome.

The game is going to follow the 5ed rules very strictly and the game is going to handle the the no miss partly in a very refined manner.

The game system is obviously going to take place in the very popular “match 3” system.

So basic attacks on a match 3, increased damage on match 4 and 5.

The special tiles created om match 4 and 5 is going to unlock the characters special ability.

You fill a mana meter to unlock HLA.

So 5ed is made easy but also very refined.

The npc’s can be leveled up and boosted by collecting cards for them.

There is going to be chatrooms for players, and loads of daily events and chests.

DLC are going to come often, where special skins, armor and weapon can be bought.

The game is going to be free, but the DLC’s arent. It may be a bit more costly in the long run, but a welcome upgrade to AD&D I dare say.

You forgot to mention the Season Pass...
    StummvonBordwehrMontresor_SP
    Elves are just pointy humans.
    Upon further research, I have realized that elves are actually just albino drow.

I wonder what this discovery would do to the Realms...
    gorgonzolaThacoBellMontresor_SP
    And Minsc is a giant space dwarf with a miniaturized space brain.
    Montresor_SPmlneveselolien
    It all makes sense now...
    AerakarMontresor_SPgorgonzola
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Due to the Racial Skills mod, in Might And Magic Merge you can get both Grandmaster Axe and Grandmaster Armsmaster on the same Minotaur Fighter.
    Montresor_SP