Skip to content

Little things that annoy you

1121314151618»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Arvia wrote: »
    Being forced to use Safana in SoD. (The alternative, playing blind without a rogue, is unacceptable)
    Her voice annoys the heck out of me.

I think you can replace her with Glint pretty early on. That's what I did. Unless you find him annoying, too. Then it's the lesser of two evils, take your pick, I guess. :)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    there is no reason to use safana when glint is also a thief. his thief skills are just hidden for weird reasons.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    edited July 2019
    @BelgarathMTH and @megamike15 , thank you, that's good to know! I'm still in the starting dungeon of SoD, I'm playing NWN for the moment. I only remembered because I transferred the save files from tablet to PC.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    megamike15 wrote: »
    there is no reason to use safana when glint is also a thief. his thief skills are just hidden for weird reasons.

Hardcoded ability bars.

@Arvia I believe there is a mod that let's you keep Imoen for the intro dungeon.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    IIRC this mod is being developed by @jastey
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    ThacoBell wrote: »

Hardcoded ability bars.

"Pro" tip - use hotkeys for the thieving abilities :)
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Safana wasn't that bad. Were it not for the metagame knowledge of the stunt she pulls in BG2, she would have been fine. I was more irked by the fact that Imoen dumped my PC for extra tutoring, despite the fact that she was just as powerful a mage at that point.
    her stunt in bg 2 is why they could not really do anything with her.

she can't have a full on romance because she is gonna be with coran in 2.

this is funny as beamdog made such a big deal about fleshing her out. if anything they just made her more annoying and not worth using.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    her stunt in bg 2 is why they could not really do anything with her.

she can't have a full on romance because she is gonna be with coran in 2.

this is funny as beamdog made such a big deal about fleshing her out. if anything they just made her more annoying and not worth using.

True, but on the upside, at least she didn't suck as a thief. I just tried to erase the metagame knowledge and play with her in the party as if I had no idea and she turned out to be a competent party member. I will give Beamdog credit for one thing - They successfully fleshed her out in a way that makes what happens in BG2 FAR less of a surprise.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    @ThacoBell , after my recent experiences with a bug upsetting a minimal reload run, I don't feel like trying another one for a while. But thank you for the information.

I didn't use Safana in BG1 or 2. It's not that I'm displeased with her thieving skills, I only use them to scout and to disarm traps, and open locks that I have a good reason to open.

I just don't get along very well with Chaotic Neutral, and her permanent "Seductress mode" voice was getting on my nerves.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2019
    I get annoyed by the absence of the exit button on android. I still manually force quit the app. If i am done with something I want the power to shut it down.

It used to be there but was removed because apple had a policy to not have exit buttons and let the app manager kill background apps when needed, but why they also ported it to android is a large question I still have.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Arvia I hear you, I only recently started a new run after a couple months not playing. And yes I agree, Safana's voice is incredibly annoying.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    What would I give to have fully implemented spell interactions within dialogue trees.

Silence, 15' Radius especially.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    767pdzb6vq3b.jpeg

To the rescue! The Portable Cone of Silence. Perfect for those parties that include both Safana and Ajantis!
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    @Arvia I hear you, I only recently started a new run after a couple months not playing. And yes I agree, Safana's voice is incredibly annoying.

i can't keep safana in my party for very long. she is just so annoying in sod have to ditch her as soon as possible.