Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited August 2019
    lroumen wrote: »
    That riddle makes no sense at all because you can only survive if you do nothing and wait for your sibling to sacrifice himself or herself but since none of the siblings really know each other at that point.... they probably all wait and die.

And then the genie calls you a coward if you say you would not press it? For what? Blind valor is crazy.
    Because if you press the button you give your sibling a chance to live, if you do not he/she is dead no matter what. if you do not press the button basically you are committing homicide willingly.
    ed: It is a question about moral values, not about game theory. That is why the genie does not give a choice to survive for both, like in the original dilemma.
    Post edited by PsicoVic on
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It only tests the extremes of the alignment pool and even that marginal at best. There is no neutral answer and the self-preserving answer is punished with a sneer.

Or maybe this is why I always test as evil in all those questionnaires.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    semiticgod wrote: »
    1ihmhdtxndqe.jpg

More like: "Oh great, I stepped in shit! Whoa, but at least you have nice boobies!"
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Not BG or D&D related but still a funny rpg meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpb-YflRn0s
    ?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    1ihmhdtxndqe.jpg

More like: "Oh great, I stepped in shit! Whoa, but at least you have nice boobies!"

Why the BG novels are so hated?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    1ihmhdtxndqe.jpg

Character Assassination.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I've never read the novel. But for some reason, the "summary" of the novel on the Forgotten realms wiki is like half a book in itself. Don't know how accurate it is, but just reading that made me throw up my hands and decide that, yeah, I ain't reading this thing, thank you and goodbye.

I think it was around here in the summary I had that reaction:
    "As they ventured deeper into the forest, a spider the size of a coin descended down on Jaheira's shoulder and ventured into her cleavage, causing her to panic and tear off her leather armor, and entire clothing until she was naked from the waist up, allowing Abdel to see her topless, an embarrassing moment for both of them."
    edited August 2019
    1ihmhdtxndqe.jpg

If you're a hormonal teenaged boy who loves amateur fan-fiction and all mental pictures of your favorite Baldur's Gate NPCs being shredded for no apparent reason, by all means, give it a shot. If you thought Jaheira gave up on her hubby too early in BG2 just wait until you see what she's like in the first novel. The 2nd novel makes you ask yourself the question, ' Is sex with a vampire necrophilia?'. Yuck...
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Balrog99
    Absolute Character Assassination

In the first novels defense however: Xzar and Montaron are actually portrayed very well, but all the other characters are butchered horribly. Especially Khalid and Jaheria.
    In the Second Novels Defense: .....nope, I have nothing to say here.
    In the Third Novels Defense: It wasn't as bad as the first two. That's about it.
    @Balrog99
    Absolute Character Assassination

In the first novels defense however: Xzar and Montaron are actually portrayed very well, but all the other characters are butchered horribly. Especially Khalid and Jaheria.
    In the Second Novels Defense: .....nope, I have nothing to say here.
    In the Third Novels Defense: It wasn't as bad as the first two. That's about it.

I have to admit that I bought the first two novels but once I got halfway through the 2nd novel and realized it was no better than the first, I gave up on it. I never bought the 3rd. Didnt even know there was one...
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Balrog99
    Throne of Bhaal is written by Drew Karpshyn (I might have spelled that wrong) and is much better than the first two. But at this point the damage was already done. Save yourself the time and don't bother.
    edited August 2019
    JoenSo wrote: »
    I've never read the novel. But for some reason, the "summary" of the novel on the Forgotten realms wiki is like half a book in itself. Don't know how accurate it is, but just reading that made me throw up my hands and decide that, yeah, I ain't reading this thing, thank you and goodbye.
    a wonderful read! Can someone summarise bg2 and ToB on the wiki? That would save me from tracking down the books.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2019
    1ihmhdtxndqe.jpg

If you're a hormonal teenaged boy who loves amateur fan-fiction and all mental pictures of your favorite Baldur's Gate NPCs being shredded for no apparent reason, by all means, give it a shot. If you thought Jaheira gave up on her hubby too early in BG2 just wait until you see what she's like in the first novel. The 2nd novel makes you ask yourself the question, ' Is sex with a vampire necrophilia?'. Yuck...

That's a good question. Is it necrophilia? A lot of teenagers want to know...
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    It is never necrophilia, zoophilia or pedophilia as long as TRUELOVE(tm) is involved /ironic
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    zoaygb09557j.jpg

Actually, it looks like the bandit at the back of the line is going to get backstabbed first, so it's a stack, not a queue.
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    Actually, it looks like the bandit at the back of the line is going to get backstabbed first, so it's a stack, not a queue.

How I imagine this backstabbing conga:

b44jx1hbdvvi.gif

• The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

Huh. Well do I have a webcomic for you. It's kinda bizarre, but they do take time out from the mayhem to make fun of various data structures :p
    Me, right after my invisible, high-level fighter/mage/thief with a magical weapon tries to backstab an oblivious orog:
    edko3y6qi53s.gif