Skip to content

BG EE 2.0 and Siege of Dragonspear Compatible Mods

Comments

• TomTomGoTomTomGo Member Posts: 2
    @ThacoBell, I bought it form Beamdog. Thx for the help, I will give it a try.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    TomTomGo wrote: »
    @ThacoBell, I bought it form Beamdog. Thx for the help, I will give it a try.

Great, that's the easiest one to mod.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @TomTomGo The Beamdog client is a bit misleading. You have "Baldur's Gate" which contains only BG, and "Siege of Dragonspear" which contains BG+SoD. If you have SoD, there is no point in installing the regular BG game, as it's included with SoD.
    ThacoBell
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @TomTomGo @ThacoBell Please forget about modmerge, use DLC Merger
    ThacoBellmegamike15
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Item/Enemy Randomizer: Still works?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Added. Thanks.
    Son_of_Imoen
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Thanks for keeping this list updated!
    A few mods that may be of interest to others:
    Mod NPC: modifies recruitable NPC stats from a pregenerated character template
    Multikits: adds multikits (multiclasses with kits)
  • thebeaglebeaglethebeaglebeagle Member Posts: 13
    Could you add links to tutorials on how to install mods at all? I've been driving around the forums trying to understand this information... I found how to drill down to my game folder (I'm doing EE on a macOS)... but I can't find a compiled version of WeiDu and am unsure on compiling the code, for example. The list of mods is cool, but not usable unless I can crack the secret of how to install them.
    @thebeaglebeagle You don't have to compile weidu just to install mods. Every mod should come with an exe that can be clicked on to run. You just need to make sure all the files are in the right game folder.I don't know if macos changes that or not.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Some mods use bat files rather than exe files, but the priciple is the same.
  • thebeaglebeaglethebeaglebeagle Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for your replies, ThacoBell and Wise_Grimwald. I was still having various permission errors, so I moved my application.

For anyone other current Mac users trying to make mods work, I wrote up my experience here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/77940/how-to-install-mods-portraits-and-sound-sets-for-macos-bgee-purchased-from-app-store/

Thanks to the mod creators and for those who organize and keep an eye on this list, it's very cool.
    ThacoBell
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Hello! Would you please add Grey the Dog for NPCs.
    I think Glamrock's Glam's NPC Pack is also missing (now ncludes Vynd).
    Imoen 4 Ever lets Imoen remain in the group in Korlasz' Dungeon in SoD (should be treated like a questmod, especially if it is installed to EET and the BGII content is installed as well).

Brage's Redemption
    (NPC mod) is still in beta. It should be installed after bgqe.
    (My) Jastey's SoD Tweak Pack gives some (I think useful) tweaks to SoD, but also EET, and one is also compatible with BGT.

Thank you!
    StummvonBordwehrGusinda
    @Abel @jastey All added. Thanks :)
    Abel
    @mlnevese Would you correct ]astey's to Jastey's (with "J") (in the Tweak Pack Link), and the single link to Vynd could be removed I think because he is included in Glam's Pack.
    Thank you!
    @jastey Done.
    Thanks.
  • zuklazukla Member Posts: 2
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Most kits and classes mods have a minor compatibility problem with version 2.0. Check @subtledoctor's comment for details.

All of Subtledoctor's comments are deleted for some reason. I assume he requested it. You'll need to clarify what is meant by this quote... which probably should have been done in the first place (or quoting subtledoctor) to ensure that it was always part of your original post.
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 227
    My shop mod is ready (and in english) for BGEE and SOD
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehr
    @deratiseur Added. Thanks :)
    jastey
    @mlnevese Thanks for keeping the list updated!
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrFina92
    edited July 2020
    This is absolutely the best thread on Beamdog Forums. Thanks @mlnevese , @jastey all of you who keep this going.

Thanks for mentioning me, but credits for this thread go to @mlnevese for updating the list!
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehr
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited November 2020
    Does anyone know if FinnJO's Subrace Mod is compatible with EE?

I know that there were some issues even before EE but I can live with those as Keeper can correct those issues.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • h15h15 Member Posts: 2
    Guys, I'm new to this game and i wanted to ask if someone knows what is the "minor incompatibility" with kits mods? Linked post is deleted and now i don't know what is wrong with them or what i can do to fix it as all of this guy posts are gone.
    @h15 which linked post, was it a link to Gibberlings3? In that case it's not gone but the link is dead if you tell me which I can give you the new link.
  • h15h15 Member Posts: 2
    @jastey Link to @subtledoctor comment giving details about why kits and classes mods are incompatible with sod version of game. His account got deleted i think and now this link is not accesible.
    edited December 2020
    @h15 Ah dang yeah that's gone. :/ I don't know the details of kit compatibility, myself.
    h15 wrote: »
    @jastey Link to @subtledoctor comment giving details about why kits and classes mods are incompatible with sod version of game. His account got deleted i think and now this link is not accesible.

That's very old info. There's no issue with kits and SoD.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @ThacoBell you are right, I read "compatibility between kit mods" all the time. :o
    ThacoBellWise_Grimwald