Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    false, im at the point now where if it fits i wear it

last year i had huge weight gain, from weight lifting/ eating i guess?

i now have a "strong man" build where im big in the shoulders and chest area but got some gut as well

and where i live xxl almost doesnt even exist, stores will usually stop at xl, and if i do find a xxl its for people who are 5'8 and not 6'3, so that kind of sucks

so if you have a nice long and xxl floral shirt, ship it over, because then that will be the 4th or 5th tshirt i can actually wear haha

the next poster also struggles to find things in their size when they go shopping retail
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True, my pants size has never existed. I've always found myself in-between adjacent sizes.

The next poster makes their own clothes.
    sarevok57
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    False. I wish I could, because I'm 5'11 and have difficulties finding women's pants that are long enough, even jeans, at least in local stores. I don't like having to order stuff. Also, fashion is changing so fast and I hate it. I want neutral, solid clothes that I'm still going to like in 5 years.

The next poster bakes bread.
    ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    False, unfortunately. I used to a few years ago, but the last couple of years haven't really presented the opportunity and currently I live in a flat without a kitchen at all during its renovation. But perhaps in 6 months or so when things are more normal maybe I'll pick it up again.

The next poster has a dream of participating in Master Chef [insert your country here].
    ThacoBell
  • TrauerweideTrauerweide Member Posts: 27
    False. I am am able to cook some fine food but I do not like it as I am horribly slow and it takes too much time.

The next poster is an MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) fan.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I've watched a little, but it's the punching and kicking that I find more exciting, and a lot of MMA stuff is more about grappling and footwork (grapples have gained prominence over the years as they've proven more effective). I understand the appeal behind grappling, but the homoeroticism isn't really for my demographic.

The next poster is a fan of dance contests!
    ThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Nope. All I see in them is waggling apes of the hamburger, fighting for whoever has the least sense of rhythm.

The next poster is fed up with their local parcel service.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    False. While it was terrible a few years ago, things have improved greatly. They actually bring parcels right to your apartment door, now, if they don’t fit in your mailbox.

The next poster is thinking of quitting their job.
    False! I've done so many, many times in the past but now I'm happier than ever at work and are having a blast! I also love my colleages dearly and get to come and go as I please. It's really a dreamy work environment (now if I could only earn another 10k or so monthly, I'd stay there 'til my retirement, haha!)

The next poster has switched jobs 10+ times in their life! (I'm at 2 after ~15 years of work)
    ThacoBell
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Let’s see here;
    Camp Councillor
    Movie Theatre
    Roadside Clown
    Waiter
    Smoothie Bar
    JDS Uniphase
    Music Store
    Grocery Store
    Current job

That’s nine so false. Unless you take into consideration the 6 different positions I’ve held with my current company.

The next poster had a job where they made less than minimum wage.
    Skatangorgonzola
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    True, i worked everyday doing so, to help make up for it, and it is part of the reason why i semi retired, ironically making that little money was actually quite beneficial and really help teach me the difference of things you want and things you need

the next poster can run 400m in less than 2 minutes ( so far my best time is 1:56, not too bad for someone who is around 295 lbs )
    Skatangorgonzola
    I am a terrible runner. I couldn't run my way out of a paper bag.

The next poster has talked to an inanimate object and is not ashamed.
    ThacoBellZaghoulsarevok57gorgonzola
    Oh so very very true. Leave me alone lone enough and I'll talk to just about anything. Its that weird dichotomy when one doens't like being around people, but ALSO likes to talk.

The next poster has to name every random creature they find outside.
    SkatanOrlonKronsteengorgonzola
    edited November 2019
    False. But I wonder many times how it started that people named things, and why they chose those words, and how it was possible to start with grunts and shouts some thousands of years ago and end up with something as complex as Japanese scripture or Russian grammar.

The next poster has answered a post here at least once and then needed to edit because they forgot to add a guess about the next poster*cough*
    sarevok57ZaghoulSkatan
    The next poster sometimes does things out of order.

Wait...
    semiticgoddessgorgonzola
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I'm always doing things out of order - as in writing the ending in a novel before the start or making a family before my career. Although I don't tend to do things that are "out of order" - the English expression for things that are 'wrong'.

The next poster, while learning or experiencing another language has started to question where ever day expressions come from and possibly had to research what they mean before explaining them.
    gorgonzola
    I question anything and everything. So gotta say true, I suppose.

Hello, darkness, my old friend
    The next poster has come to talk with you again
    Because a vision softly creeping
    Left its seeds while the next poster was sleeping
    And the vision that was planted in their brain
    Still remains
    Within the sound of this thread's silence
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    True, I love chatting to old friends while sat on a park bench, watching a newspaper blowing through the grass.

The next poster has previously gone at least 12 months between posts on this forum.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Bahaha false. Maybe 12 days, but I think even that is stretching it.

The next poster hasn’t even started Christmas shopping yet.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    False. I finished weeks ago, since we already give out presents on December 6th (my bf is Dutch, Saint Nick's Day is when they do presents instead of Christmas).

The next poster is gonna eat more then they should during this holiday season.
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    True. Already opened the Roses and eaten all the purple ones (much to everyone else's fury!)

The next poster also likes the purple roses best.
    False. I only ate roses once, tulips taste much better. Although I'm sure you weren't talking about actual flowers.

The next poster spends Christmas far away from home.
    gorgonzola
    Unfortunately not.

The next poster will dress up as Santa on C'eve.
    My bearded days are over, and if the past few months are any indication, it's going to be a long time before I get fat enough to pass as a decent Santa.

The next poster loves Fluttershy.
    gorgonzola
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    semiticgod wrote: »
    The next poster loves Fluttershy.

My my, Fluttershy? I would love her, baked in a pie...

The next poster frequently snorts alcohol.

semiticgoddessgorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited December 2019
    false, i very seldom touch alcohol at all.

the next poster, like me, don't care about the upcoming Xmast, belonging to an other, not christian, religion, being not religious at all or disliking how what is supposed to be some spiritual thing has become for many only a consumerist thing, with santa, that has no place in the christian religions, presents to give and receive and all the other modern aspects of it instead of being a moment to celebrate the birth of the one that some believe is the son of god and is anyway a giant among the human beings, that has brought us the path of love and forgiving.
    Ture, anti-CheerfulChristmastian here. Nor do I hold any love towards the various forms of monotheism and their dodgy rituals whatsoever.

The next poster is both sexually and mentally attracted to the Grinch. Such a hunk in green! <3
    False, especially because my least favorite colleague is frequently compared to the grinch. I actually like Christmas, although by posting I'm procrastinating right now, because I dread preparing that meal for 15 people who are going to sit in my living room in 5 hours *goes to hide under a tablecloth*

The next poster usually sits on the floor while eating.

gorgonzolaThacoBellAerakar
    I basically always stand, simply because it usually saves time. For instance, today I ate a bunch of little things while standing up, because moving a single fig, three walnuts, half a pickle, two fiber things, and a handful of blueberries onto a plate made less sense than just eating them right out of the container. For my turkey sandwich, though, I ate that sitting down in front of my laptop because it took more time to get through the sandwich, and I could read while eating that sandwich.

I didn't think about the time efficiency of these actions, but that appears to be my process, conscious or no.

The next poster has worn a dress.
    True. Even my sleepwear is shaped like one. Much more comfortable than pyjamas. It even came together with a comfy sleeping cap. In plaid!

The next poster also has a unique fashion sense.