Skip to content

Small mods you would like to see

Comments

• BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    Other expanded early-BG1 quests:

Could Bassilus's skeletons drop body parts (akin to the skeletons outside Thalantyr's) you could return to Beregost villagers (Footy/Netty's families) so they could rebury their dead?

Also, I'd suggest fleshing out/linking the Xvart quests in some way. Perhaps have the Xvart villagers drop a Xvart Scalp item which, if you have any in your possession when you go to Hulrik's in the Lonely Peaks, you have the chance to brandish to make them avoid the cow and attack you at once?

Linking the revenant in the Valley of the Tombs to some other quest, so there's a better reward for giving the dagger back to it. Perhaps if you have helped it, it will come to your aid against the Amazons in ghostly form?

The rogue ogre with the belt fetish could be augmented in some way too. Could there be a dialogue option to offer it a belt in exchange for protection (it would act as if Charmed) or in trade for Unshey's belt? At the time you encounter it, you should have Gorion's Belt of Antipode.
    Permidion_StarkSkatanJuliusBorisov
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Brage's Sword 3

If anyone is planning to use Brage's Sword in the hope that the berserk state will act as a Mind Shield and protect you from charm, hold, stun etc. I am afraid it is not going to work.

Here is my paladin's no reload run coming to an untimely end outside the Beregost Temple courtesy of a couple of Vampiric Wolves:
    46txvdz0c361.png
    0jnbzzfie4fb.png

Annoyingly, she was actually wearing the Greeenstone Amulet, which would have saved her, but she went berserk and charged the wolf pack before I had time to activate it.
    StummvonBordwehrSkatansemiticgoddess
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Mod that removes liches from the level based encounters in Spellhold, Lair of Unseeing Eye and Temple Ruin Dungeon. There should not be nameless random liches in almost every dungeon.
    And also mod that gives you possibility to remove Minsc/Jaheira from the starting dungeon.
    Skatansemiticgoddess
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited November 2019
    I could see liches that have been around for so long that everyone has forgotten their name, but as a "generic enemy" they really don't make sense. Also, liches are going to have a dungeon all to themselves, not a corner of an existing one. This is one aspect of the BG trilogy that is mildly annoying - you find liches in what amount to efficiency studios, when they really should have lairs more like the one in SoD.

I will say that there was at least an excuse for the Kangaxx and his "guards", but otherwise, I agree - random liches should be replaced by something that makes more sense.

As for dropping Minsc/Jaheira, sure, why not. However, depending on your MC, that first area can be challenging solo so caveat emptor.
    [Deleted User]
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I can see a lich making a temporary shelter in Spellhold, if not the Temple Ruins (it was a temple of Amaunator not long ago) or the Pit of the Faithless (which is just a trash heap). The one in Spellhold has a little library there and is very close to an asylum and the Cowled Wizards. It might be a holdover from, or the creator of, the labyrinth itself.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I remember the first time I encountered that lich in the temple ruins after having already completed the game a few times. And I just went OH HELL NO and ducked behind a wall. Then the entire party stood there for a while, discussing that there shouldn't be a lich there, yeah, but there is a lich there, but there totally shouldn't be one there, but there totally freaking is one there, okay?
    ThacoBelljastey
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    me like tactics mod with its liches, 2 in the temple ruins, real fun as first quest after the promenade circus, the one in the docks that cast a wonderful BBoD and on and over.
    me want liches, tasty juicy liches, to eat at breakfast, lunch and dinner, every day of the week!

but i perfectly see how RP wise a lich in every dungeon has no sense at all, so i agree with you.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited November 2019
    @semiticgod it would be great, specially the randomly part, but it is not a small mod as the ai has to be rewritten for each kitted enemy.
    anyway to have the enemies randomly change their tactics and skills would be great as afaik even the good difficulty mods like scs or tactics give to enemies more capability, improving ai or eventually making them cheat, but it is still a static behavior, once you know the battle you can metagame your own tactic.
    to avoid the boredom of it i usually constantly change my own tactics, same enemies any time but a different approach from mine each time...

semiticgoddess
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Timbo0o0o0gorgonzola
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    @semiticgod it would be great, specially the randomly part, but it is not a small mod as the ai has to be rewritten for each kitted enemy.
    anyway to have the enemies randomly change their tactics and skills would be great as afaik even the good difficulty mods like scs or tactics give to enemies more capability, improving ai or eventually making them cheat, but it is still a static behavior, once you know the battle you can metagame your own tactic.
    to avoid the boredom of it i usually constantly change my own tactics, same enemies any time but a different approach from mine each time...

Actually, it would be rather simple to do. One doesn't have to weave the ability use into enemies' existing AI scripts but simply give them an additional script that makes them use the abilities. The script could be added to them with ADD_CRE_SCRIPT to prevent overwriting existing scripts. If a creature already has all their script slots full, then they won't get the ability script and so they won't use the abilities (which isn't a huge problem if it only happens with some creatures).
    gorgonzola
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    Good point.

How about a simple, straightforward WeiDU mod to enable VR support and 3D platforming?
    gorgonzolaStromael
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is a small mod coding-wise, but I just posted an idea for a tweak to SoD / EET at G3 I would find pretty cool:
    After Sarevok is killed, you remain in the BG1 game and you can play on. If you go into the Palace and talk to Duke Belt, he offers you the room in the Palace you have in SoD and asks you to stay.
    You have the reply options:
    1. (EET only) No thanks, I will be on my way shortly -> SoD is skipped and BGII start movie plays.
    2. Yes, I will stay for a while and help hunt down all of Sarevok's followers. -> SoD happenings start.
    3: Later, I have to finish something first -> dialogue ends and you can go on roaming BG1 like in BGT.)

Yes! I really, really would love to have this mod! Does anyone have any idea how to go about doing it? I wouldn't be opposed to try to learn how to do it, even if my weidu skills are at the very earliest of a beginners level as of now.. I just really want this mod :smiley:

Edit: @swit is this something that could conceivably be a part of EET Tweaks? It would be such an amazing addition!
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited November 2019
    Ardul wrote: »
    Edit: @swit is this something that could conceivably be a part of EET Tweaks? It would be such an amazing addition!

sure, but the mod described by @jastey doesn't sound like such a small effort:
    - it would need actual full dialog with Belt (written by someone good at writing to fit with Belt's existing dialogs)
    - several minor NPCs dialogs that reference living Sarevok would need to be altered too (so someone would have to first spend time finding all those conflicting dialogs and then write new responses and filter them as post Sarevok content)
    - instead of completely skipping SoD via reply I think it may be better idea to go BGT route and show the actual ambush (so just teleport CHARNAME right into BD6100 with restored SoD ambush fight and cutscene enabled - this would require minor changes to the script to get the correct characters there)
    Post edited by swit on
    ArdulShin
    Small or no, I would love to be able to stick around after the "final fight". That would be a must-have mod for me. I would really like the same mod for SoA, allowing my party to postpone starting ToB.
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    @Swit I like the idea of just skipping into the SoD ambush area without any need for changing dialogue. I see why that is also a more attractive prospects for modders. Would it be technically feasible to add a trigger to the script, so that you could use the console to activate/deactive skipping SoD before the final fight? That would kinda be ideal.
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    I'd like a small mod that gave shapechanges and polymorphs back the adjustments to Constitution that were taken away in EE.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    I've been waiting for an option to stick around after the Sarevok fight for so long. Without it EET just seems too stressful to try. I guess I've just grown accustomed to that in BGT. I don't even think it's a problem if some dialogue is out of place afterwards - it always was that way in BGT and it never bothered me much. You can always rationalise it as news travelling a tad slowly.
    Permidion_StarkArdul
    As an aside, it would also be nice to start ToB on your own terms as well. In fact, it would be kind of cool if some foreshadowing events of ToB started if you stuck around Amn too long after returning, but that wouldn't be a small mod.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Some random ideas...

"The Materialist" A mage kit that used gems to power its spells... at an obvious cost. So its fireball equivalent might do slightly more damage than usual if you have a gem of a certain type to power it, but slightly less if you do not. And you could have a super strong very limited use dweomer powered by a beljuril....

"Freedom!"

A bit like the Spectacles or the Underdark quest, any time the Freedom spell is used on a map there might be a chance of a random encounter with a potential ally or enemy. In Vance's Dying Earth series the reversal of the Charm of Forlorn Encystement releases a number of foes in this way...
    Sanctifer
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    @Maurvir SCS has the option of doing Watcher's Keep between SoA and ToB., and The Darkest Day (old mod) also takes place in that interval.
    StummvonBordwehrgorgonzola
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Breaking down UAI into sub-categories, ie use any wand, use any potion, use any armor, use any weapon. That way you could mod one or two of them on fresh chars without making them too OP, or force the rogues to spend more HLAs if you want the full range of Use Any XYZ.
    Ludwig_IIJuliusBorisovStromaelsemiticgoddess
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I would like to see some labels on the exits in the Baldur's Gate sewers so I would have an idea where I am headed. Once I get below ground I never know where I am and I have to look up online to check I have explored all of the sewers. Today, I went through an exit and ended up in the basement of the Iron Throne headquarters, which is handy because I have got some pressing business to attend to there, but I didn't even know it was possible and it came as quite a surprise. It also came as a bit of a surprise to the Iron Throne guard.
    a4ivexuz9r35.png
    StummvonBordwehrTimbo0o0o0Balrog99ThacoBell
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    A randomizer mod: random encounters, random loot, random drops, random quest rewards and random shop merchs.
    Permidion_StarkBalrog99Mantis37gorgonzola
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    As I run all my characters with a max stat of 75, I would like to see a mod that alters the rolling of stats to put a maximum score on the total rolled (of your choice). This would still allow for 'natural unaltered results' and random scores on all abilities.
    Balrog99
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    @Kamigoroshi there's already an Item Randomizer mod which is pretty good! :)
    Reticentgorgonzola
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Not random enough. :wink:
    gorgonzola