Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    False. I have no fashion sense, and if I did, there would be absolutely nothing unique about it. I wear drab, unremarkable, off the peg clothes.

The next poster has flown in a hot air balloon.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Unfortunately not, it's been a dream of mine since I was a kid.

The next person would dare to try on of those fin suits (I forgot the name, but those suits that are just basically some fins and make you look like a flying squirrel) and throw themselves out of a mountain cliff.
    Personally, I would NEVER ever dare to do that.
    Aeriegorgonzola
  • AerieAerie Member Posts: 226
    One of those suits would make a great wing replacement!

The next poster has slapped Irenicus's bald head before.
    semiticgoddess
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Wingsuit flying? Beam me up, Scotty!
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2F31.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_lymn29KREC1r3gup8o1_400.gif&f=1&nofb=1

The next poster shops clock-wise whenever they are driving a shopping cart.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    False. Where I live, most grocery stores and supermarkets are built in a counterclockwise order, and it would be upsetting to collide with everyone on the way, not to mention the fact that I'd have to hang around at their exit waiting for someone to leave through the automatic doors so that I could sneak in.

Ahem. There's a whole plan forming in my head how to do a complete clockwise tour through Aldi next time. Must ... not ... continue!

The next poster doesn't know Aldi.
    ThacoBellgorgonzola
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Nope. Our primary store in my neck of the woods is HEB (which runs clockwise, not counterclockwise). It's a very good company. They treat their employees and customers well.

The next poster is a bookworm.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    False!

It takes me ages to complete any type of medium and books are no different. It usually takes me close to a decade (no joke) to finish a book that I rarely buy them anymore.

The next poster is the opposite of me and can finish a book in one sitting.
    Absolutely. Although my boss doesn't agree, and I have a job where it's impossible to work from home. :/

The next poster doesn't have a bike (a bicycle, I mean. Not a motorbike).
    ThacoBellBGLovergorgonzola
    False, mine is foldable and stowed away... somewhere.

Unspeakable horrors lurk within the next poster's fridge.
    Umm false. Besides the bottle of Clamato juice that probably now needs to be tossed our fridge is pretty clean.

The next poster has never had Clamato juice (or a Caesar or a Michelada ) before, and probably thinks Canadians are weird for drinking a tomato clam juice concoction.
    True, sort of. I've never heard of clamato juice and shudder at the thought, but I've learned not to judge people by their eating habits and have seen a lot worse :smile:

The next poster has eaten snake.
    gorgonzola
    I'm not sure.. I think I might have. I used to go to an african restaurant some years ago and there I ate aligator etc and I seem to recall I also ate snake, but I could be wrong.

The next person would never eat anything unconventional, ie snake, turtle, testicles or sharkfins.
    ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True! I'd try almost any food at least once. Heck, my biggest bucket list item is to go on a food tour of the world.

The next poster also has an extravagant goal to accomplish before they die.
    False. I've given up on long term goals. Less stress when you take things a day at a time.

The next poster stresses about the little things.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I stress about all things, great and small. Oh, the joys of having chronic anxiety.

The next poster rarely gets anxious. They're cool as a cucumber.
    BGLover
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    edited February 2020
    False. 'Cool as a cucumber' - I havn't heard that phrase for years, and reading it now brings a smile to my face.

The next poster remembers getting a tufty badge.
    ThacoBell
    False, I never get badges.

The next poster is quarantined at home, being bored.
    False. The exact opposite in fact. I'm a doctor and work on an Intensive Care Unit... so I'll never get tested, we aren't supposed to get sick.

The next poster doesn't understand why people freak out about staying at home... introvert's paradise!
    mlneveseSkatan
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    False: I understand perfectly. Being home from work is great when it's a fantasy. You can think of all kinds of things you'd rather be doing when you're at work. When you're told you HAVE to stay home, staying home IS work (and there's also that bit of guilt that ruins the fun, too).

The next poster has started that novel they've always wanted to write since they're stuck at home.
    KamigoroshiArviaAerakar
    False, this is only my second day working from home though. So who know's what will happen after a week, two or even more. I'm a procrastinator galore though, I could probably stay at home for a few months without it affecting me.

The next person does not have the option to WFH because they have a really cool and valuable-for-the-soicety occupation (compared to my own Random Corporate Job which absolutely no one would miss if I were gone).
    Half true. I can’t work from home but my job isn’t valuable-for-society. My roommate is a pharmacy technician for the hospital. She’s annoyed that her job is valuable-for-the-society during these times.

The next poster has less than 5 rolls of toilet paper in their house.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    SIgh, true. I'm extremely worried about keeping toilet paper and diapers through this. Not sure what we're gonna do when we run out.

The next poster does not need toilet paper because they use a bidet.
    False, I'm all about disaster preparedness (and no, that doesn't mean I'm a prepper!) and usually keep at least a 2 weeks reserve of everything. But I'd consider using newspapers and then the shower if necessary.

(btw @Balrog99 , I agree. It's only fun if you imagine it. I don't envy people who have to worry about their financial future now, or who are confined to a small apartment with 4 kids and a sick grandmother, or worried to run out of meds and diapers.)

The next poster has tried to eat toilet paper.
    Balrog99Aerakar
    False. But apparently toilet paper cakes are an actual thing people created.

The next poster would love to have a slice of yummy toilet paper cake right about now.
    False, I just ate a home made waffle cake minutes ago and are quite full. One of those things you can do when working from home, eat waffles for lunch.

The next person is kinda tired of the whole toilet paper thing and cba anymore.
    ThacoBell
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    false, i am quite amazed to read how some people worries so much about toilet paper.
    i would say that roughly half of the world population don't use it and the other half has made it a necessity.
    by the way is the latter half that walks around with dirty butts, who would eat from a dish that was dirty with poop only scrubbing away it with some paper? you need to wash dishes and butts to have them really clean...

the next poster can see sunrises or sunsets from his home windows.
    edited April 2020
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Trick question. Logically, I have no control over whether or not my comment is edited without my consent so I decline to answer...

The next poster believes that Donald Trump is an alien.

True. Both. Depends on the window.

The next poster has seen the above quoted video clip before. I hadn't, and was happy to discover it just now. I needed a good laugh.
    Aerakar
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    @Arvia that was utterly hilarious, thanks much for sharing :)
    Aerakar wrote: »
    @Arvia that was utterly hilarious, thanks much for sharing :)

I only quoted it because I found it freaking hilarious, too. Thank @Balrog99 or @semiticgod , because one of them put it there. I clicked on an older page of this thread by accident and there it was. :D
    Aerakar