Skip to content

Guess Facts about the Next Poster

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I would love a Lovecraftian, isometric RTwP game. Damn! And yes, the sadness is real.

The next poster wishes for an isometric RTwP game set in the Ravenloft setting.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    True! I'd also love one set in the Feywild.

The next poster wants an RPG with nothing but humans in it.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    False. It's not that I would mind it either if done in a setting where that would be a good choice, but I tend to enjoy a more phantasmal approach to world-building. But I'd pick a RPG with only humans over an RPG with a plethora of races but where charname is stuck playing a boring human all days of the week.

The next person is still bummed out by the choices made for ME:A and that we never got to play a ME game where we could be krogan etc.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    True. And I made it my policy to never touch a Mass Effect title that forces me to play a human. The world is ripe for a hanar shepert!

The next poster still hates Dragon Age II with a seething passion for removing dwarves and elves from the character creation menu.
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    True, but I hate it even more for changing the appearance of the darkspawn from the gory, diseased mutants to some kind of silvery mask wearing freakos.

The next poster also wants to create their own game, but sadly doesn't know the intricacies of programming languages and coding to fulfill that dream.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Truish but time is more of a factor than programming knowledge.

The next poster thinks mask wearing is very trendy and is on the look out for stylish masks to match different types of outfits.
    True. I also lack the millions of dollars that it apparently takes to make a high quality CRPG.

The next poster is proficient in coding and makes their living as a developer.
    False. In my country the only ones you see using masks are asians here working. An average swede would rather risk dying then risk looking silly in public.

Since there was a double-reply above, I'll copy @OrlonKronsteen's question here for the next to reply to.

The next poster is proficient in coding and makes their living as a developer.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Nah, coding is boring. I have imagination enough to come up with a good RPG concept, but no patience to program one. I actually goofed around with programming a neat Napoleonic War game 20 years ago based on Avalon Hill's War of Nations, but couldn't do it using BASIC so gave up eventually. It would've been epic though!

The next poster really misses the days of strategic war games a'la V for Victory, SSI and the like.
    False, there are plenty of good war games out there, ie Paradox's heart of iron etc, but I haven't personally found anyone I love. Yet. But since I haven't played the games (to my knowledge) you refer too it's a false nonetheless.

The next person is a huge paradox fan-boi
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    True! Vive la Paradoxe! Vive la Stellaris!

The next poster also does not care about BG3 and wants to stay away from the controversy surrounding it.
    BG3? What's that? Everyone ought to know that there are only two titles in that franchise! Just like there are only three Star Wars movies. Saying otherwise is nothing but sleep talk.

The next poster is fluent in speaking profound gibberish.
    True, I've worked in a corporate environment and wrote so many powerpoints I could write them in my sleep, and it's almost always just gibberish. My latest one was awarded with a "admiribly prepared, as always" from the CFO, a PP I've spent a whole 30 minutes making.

The next person is an epic leveled powerpointer with the whole feat chain;
    * Slide transitions (level 1)
    * Crammed-full slides with too much information because everything gotta be written! (level 3)
    * Stopped using slide transitions again after realizing it's amateurish (level 5)
    * realized less info is more info (level 7)
    * Upper right logo (level 9)
    * Keeping a set style of colors per project/area to make them recognizable (level 11)
    * Bleached, somber color scheme using cappuccino mocha oatmeal milk lite, watered down waterfall blue, tinted amethyst green on a summer day and opaque amber with a fossil dinosaur baby tones (level 13)
    * Write a lot, yet say nothing (level 15)
    * Push for decisions, yet accomplish nothing (level 17)
    * Create a need for a follow-up meeting before even the first meeting is over (level 19)
    * Demi-god skills of making everyone think there was value in the meeting yet without actually having said, decided or done anything (level 20)
    Skatan wrote: »
    True, I've worked in a corporate environment and wrote so many powerpoints I could write them in my sleep, and it's almost always just gibberish. My latest one was awarded with a "admiribly prepared, as always" from the CFO, a PP I've spent a whole 30 minutes making.

The next person is an epic leveled powerpointer with the whole feat chain;
    * Slide transitions (level 1)
    * Crammed-full slides with too much information because everything gotta be written! (level 3)
    * Stopped using slide transitions again after realizing it's amateurish (level 5)
    * realized less info is more info (level 7)
    * Upper right logo (level 9)
    * Keeping a set style of colors per project/area to make them recognizable (level 11)
    * Bleached, somber color scheme using cappuccino mocha oatmeal milk lite, watered down waterfall blue, tinted amethyst green on a summer day and opaque amber with a fossil dinosaur baby tones (level 13)
    * Write a lot, yet say nothing (level 15)
    * Push for decisions, yet accomplish nothing (level 17)
    * Create a need for a follow-up meeting before even the first meeting is over (level 19)
    * Demi-god skills of making everyone think there was value in the meeting yet without actually having said, decided or done anything (level 20)

True.

Except level 9 is actually bottom right. Upper right is blank, Upper left is header. Bottom left is date.

You missed a level, maybe your job is too serious for it, but inserting inside jokes among the text (not the presentation) that co-workers would get, but not upper management to see who is actually paying attention. Bonus XP if you actually get someone to laugh.

Level 13 also has a 'pop' colour. Anything important that needs to be remembered is in the pop colour. I think this is where I cap out because:

15: I only write what's important. In bullets.
    17: Decisions need to be made. I highlight a "what is our priority," and management aren't allowed to leave until they give me an awkward answer that they're not really sure of.
    20: I actually get a decision out of people even if its a minor one. I loathe wasting time. (19, There is always a follow up meeting - always. There is no escaping them.).

The next poster also loathes wasting time.
    Yes on the job. Private though? Lazily laying inside my bed is like a second nature for me. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

The next dolt is rather bold ever since they aquired a bolt of pure cold.
    Who are you calling a dolt, good sir? As for acquiring a bolt of cure cold, I steadfastly deny these wild allegations!

The next poster imagines his/her fellow forumites as looking like their profile portraits in real life, despite this being a ridiculous notion.
    Who are you calling a dolt, good sir? As for acquiring a bolt of cure cold, I steadfastly deny these wild allegations!

The next poster imagines his/her fellow forumites as looking like their profile portraits in real life, despite this being a ridiculous notion.

Not really, but now that you mention it, I think there would be a lot of empty seats around me in restaurants, ball games, concerts, etc... if I really looked like my avatar!

The next poster thinks it would be really cool if they DID look like their avatar in RL.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I just edited my avatar to match a self-portrait I drew once and I think I look adorable!

The next poster is an adorable sweetie pie in denial.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    I just edited my avatar to match a self-portrait I drew once and I think I look adorable!

The next poster is an adorable sweetie pie in denial.

Aaaaughhh! Your avatar looks 'slightly' cuter than Annabelle (smiling instead of the evil smirk).

I am definitely not 'cute' by any definition not referring to 'personality'. I do have somewhat of a magnetic personality in regards to conversation, however.

The next poster is absolutely gorgeous but has the personality of a turnip...
    False. My personality is more rutabaga than turnip.

The next poster never had rutabaga before, so they don't know how in the world it could relate to a person's personality.
    True, I have no idea what it is. Rutabaga sounds like a barbarian, so I assume you like heavy drinking, brawling and raging, as well as, wearing only leather and fur (though that has nothing to do with personality). You enjoy solving issues by handing out knucklefist sandwiches and speak only in one syllable words. Am I close?

The next person thinks I'm very close.
    Skatan wrote: »
    True, I have no idea what it is. Rutabaga sounds like a barbarian, so I assume you like heavy drinking, brawling and raging, as well as, wearing only leather and fur (though that has nothing to do with personality). You enjoy solving issues by handing out knucklefist sandwiches and speak only in one syllable words. Am I close?

The next person thinks I'm very close.

No. Not close. Wait. These words all have one sound. So you are close. And I do like to drink. Not fight though. I do rage quit games. You might be right. I will still say no.

The next person does know what a rutabaga is.
    Of course I do, who doesn't? Would be embarrassing for a Swede like me to not know considering it's origins is from the swedish "Rotabagge". It's delicious and if this had been around 2-3 years ago would easily have made an entry into the vegetable wars of the past.

The next person has difficulty guessing whether I just made all that up or if I actually googled and then posted the truth and will reply below without googling to make sure.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Tralse! I was confident you were being honest until you brought it into question.

The next poster remembers the Pancake/Waffle war.
    Oh, it's been a while, hasn't it? I only remember very little.

Still love waffles. My girlfriend sometimes makes Pokeball-shaped red velvet cake waffles.

The next poster will tell the young'uns what happened during the great Pancake/Waffle War.
    Both sides faced a devastating defeat due to the sudden appearance of a third faction emerging from the shadows: the Republicans of Crêpe. Ever since then both pancakes and waffles have been globally outlawed and are severely persecuted due to their unhealthy amount of sugar.

The next poster firmly believes that the world would be a better place if sugar and sweeteners didn't exist.
    Yeah. I like sugary treats, but overall, sugar has had a profoundly negative influence on global health. My hometown suffers from one of the absolute highest rates of obesity in the country and therefore on the planet, and it wrecks with people's health. If humans could only get sugar from fruit, we'd have a lot more fiber in our diet and it would be a lot harder to consume so many extra calories a day without feeling full. Historically, we'd also have seen a lot less colonialism and oppression if sugar cane had never been cultivated.

As long as addictive substances are available, people will consume them, healthy or not. If we had stronger legal controls on how much sugar products could contain, folks would be healthier.

The next poster watches the Simpsons.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Dang. Wanted to stay out of the internet *and* silly threads... yes, I watch The Simpsons, but only occasionally, not as a rule.

The next poster sticks to their resolutions.
    True. 2560x1080 is the only resolution that matters.

The next poster was recently upgraded with drills and rocket punch functions.
    False. The only upgrades I got recently were downgrades, ie neck and back pains. They don't serve me so well in battle either.

The next person would be an early adopter to body augmentations if they were available 'a la cyberpunk settings.