Skip to content

NWN Toolset: Enhanced Edition. Try the new updates and share your feedback

1234568»

Comments

• RinehardtRinehardt Member Posts: 7
    Is there any particular reason for the -10.0 minimum for both Z position and Z translation in the "adjust location" window? I've tried using a memory editor to set it to lower and I haven't run into any problems yet.
    Was wondering if that limit could be removed so I don't have to use a memory editor to properly place tall, scaled objects.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited May 2020
    Was going to leave this at support.beamdog.com but I got a big security risk window pop up on firefox when I clicked your link in first post.

Anyhow it seems a bug that was fixed is back? I deleted an area that had the start location. Went to save the module. It gave the warning that the module needs a valid start location. Tried to place a new one in a valid area. Got access violation error. Kept trying and eventually the toolset crashed.

Another smaller thing. If you have a placeable properties open and hover over each of the tabs(basic, lock, trap, etc), it displays the message at the bottom left corner "press this button to save all changes" same as the "OK" button. I checked to make sure It does not do it for creatures or items. It doesn't.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • MacmonogogMacmonogog Member Posts: 4
    Is any one else getting an error every time you load the toolset, I have tried on multiple laptops. some using a nevidia card others using the integrated graphics. I recently reinstalled the game through gog and got the update but now toolset is broken, I have 4 different gog accounts for my kids and my self toolset will not work on any of the computers. normal game works fine k6sy13wq2b6t.png
  • MacmonogogMacmonogog Member Posts: 4
    Update: some one on facebook told me to run the exe above the toolset. It was what was needed
  • BoulderWarshieldBoulderWarshield Member Posts: 20
    Quick question. Is there a reason in task manager it says the toolset is 32-bit? I thought with the patches everything automatically updates. I thought 8193 would be 64.
  • The game engine is 64-bit now. The toolset is still 32-bit.
  • BoulderWarshieldBoulderWarshield Member Posts: 20
    Ahhhh...will it eventually move to 64 as well?
  • virusmanvirusman Member, Developer Posts: 173
    Ahhhh...will it eventually move to 64 as well?
    Is there a specific reason why you'd want it to be 64-bit?
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Currently running on Acer Nitro AN515-54, Windows 10 Home, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4 Cores, 8GB DDR4 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.

I just wanted to report that in the model preview window, armor and clothing seems to be rendered using the Compatibility Mode (16 meg) texture quality. Although, it is rendered in the game according to what texture quality is enabled. I remember experiencing this same issue after a fresh install of NWN Classic back in the day. Running the game's system detection utility usually fixed it. Unfortunately, NWN:EE doesn't seem to have a program resembling that utility anywhere in the game's location. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there a way to correct it? Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

• SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    @Prince_Raymond The toolset has a texture quality level just like the game does, in its options panels. However, since they aren't on the front page of the the often used video options in the game client, and most people do not spend a lot of time in the toolset options menu, not all players know about the setting.

Meanwhile, the default setting for toolset texture quality isn't "Compatibility Mode (16 meg)" nor "64 meg or higher", it is a 5th option the game doesn't have, "Use the same setting as the game".

This checks the nwn.ini to see which texture quality nwmain.exe is currently using, however, texture quality stopped being stored in nwn.ini in a recent 8193 patch, and is now stored in settings.tml, and the toolset will need to be updated to check there instead.

Without the parameter in nwn.ini, the setting matching fails, and it probably falls back to the first option, Compatibility Mode (16 meg).

You can uncheck the feature to match the nwn.ini setting, and manually choose 64 meg, and the game's textures (not just in the preview area, everywhere) will now use the highest available textures that are additionally supplied as overrides from the game's texture packs.

It's worth noting that a lot of game assets don't come with multiple texture versions, especially the material added in 1.69. In such cases the only texture available is as "high quality" as the 64 meg enabled textures, and is still used in Compatibility mode (No texture packs loaded).
    TarotRedhanddunahanPrince_RaymondJuliusBorisov
    edited June 2020
    @Symphony It worked! Thank you very much, kind sir. While we're on the subject of issues, I just noticed something odd happening every time I type "www.beamdog.com" (without quotation marks) in the address bar of my browser. Instead of loading the home page, it downloads a 57-byte size file to my computer. I have had Norton scan this file, and no threats were detected. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited June 2020
    Thanks, @Prince_Raymond, I'll pass that around. For now, try https://www.beamdog.com/
    Prince_Raymond
    edited June 2020
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you, sir. After doing some testing, I have found that the home page will load normally if I type what I mentioned above after previously visiting the home page without closing my browser. I currently have it set to clear all my browsing data every time I close my browser. This issue has reproduced on both the latest versions of Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome after all browsing data has been cleared. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to move this to the appropriate thread since this doesn't have any correlation with the toolset. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    @JuliusBorisov Thank you, sir. After doing some testing, I have found that the home page will load normally if I type what I mentioned above after previously visiting the home page without closing my browser. I currently have it set to clear all my browsing data every time I close my browser. This issue has reproduced on both the latest versions of Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome after all browsing data has been cleared. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to move this to the appropriate thread since this doesn't have any correlation with the toolset. Thank you for reading, and happy (healthy) gaming to all.

We have fixed the site issue.
    TarotRedhandPrince_Raymondhook71
  • DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    I love the scaling but when i just tried it I could use it once and then the whole feature was gone

Make sure to uncheck the static checkbox in the placeable's properties
    Prince_Raymond
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2021
    While not strictly toolset, could I make a couple of suggestions that would be (well I think they would be) very useful changes to NwHak please. As far as I can tell both changes should be rather simple to implement too. Firstly could you make windows associate hak files with NwHak. I've tried to do it myself to no avail and it appears, if possible, it has to be done on installation of NwHak. The second suggestion is to slightly change the behaviour of NwHak so that instead of truncating overlong filenames when they are added but instead just issue a warning message. Currently it is too easy, when adding shader maps, to end up with multiple image files with exactly the same name.

Thanks for reading.

TR
    Ɲ????Ʀ????Prince_Raymond
  • FERDAINFERDAIN Member Posts: 1
    I would like to make a suggestion, can we replace the conversation editor with flamewinds v2.0 version. So much better and shouldn't be too hard to do. Flamewind is open source now.
    Prince_Raymond
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited October 2021
    FERDAIN wrote: »
    I would like to make a suggestion, can we replace the conversation editor with flamewinds v2.0 version. So much better and shouldn't be too hard to do. Flamewind is open source now.

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwnee/other/tool/flamewind-conversation-editor-20

Could use this perhaps?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Graphics update looks incredible. Better than I expected. I see it as a gift to the NWN community and i'm nothing but appreciative.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    You might like to try this version that has fixed some of the bugs in BD's original version and this "Beamdog HD Textures - Tint Eye Color by Tattoo 1" too.

Note, these two may become obsolete should BD update the graphics update.

TR