Skip to content

EET and other mods for an almost new (and confused) player

LagoneroLagonero Member Posts: 56
Hello everyone! (TL;DR at the end)

A little background to better explain my situation: around march this year, I finally decided to give Baldur's Gate 1 a try with the enhanced edition (vanilla with the exception for BG1 NPC project, so much quality) , and I had a blast.

So much so, that I got so invested in the plot, during the final stage of the game , that I rushed through the last chapter or two caught by the urgency of the situation. 

I loved the game, and was about to jump into the DLC and then the second one, when I decided I wanted to thoroughly enjoy the first game and all its content with a new character, exploring more quests and different outcomes. 

Unfortunately, IRL got in the way and only now I am able to focus a bit on a new set up to play the game start to finish, and I stumbled across the Enhanced Edition Trilogy mod, and that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for at its core, if it actually functions as "advertised". 

So I started to dig around a bit, and got myself confused about tools that can be used to install it (and alongside it, other interesting mods) , especially upon reading some controversial stuff about the "Bladurs extended world" tool by Roxanne and some mods being modified versions of the originals and so on (sorry if I misunderstood something, this is what I got from various threads).

So we come to the actual QUESTIONS of this thread: 

1) I'm pretty sure I'm set on wanting to make a run start to finish with a EET setup, so what would be the recommended way of going about installing it? (I'm not experienced with modding or installing them, but I can follow instructions).

2) looking at the sheer number of mods out there (and of those a great deal of them seem to be very high quality): what other mods would you recommend adding to the base EET set up?

For example, I've read a bit about SCS and it sounds very interesting, I just don't know if I should bother with it on my second Bg1 and first bg2 playthrough, and in that case in what entity.

Quests, NPCs, tweaks etc, any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated

TLDR:

I played through BG1 EE, loved it, and want to do a Trilogy run with the same character (replaying Bg1 all the way to the end of bg2) and I'm wondering on the tools to install the EET mod , and with that other recommended mods that could enhance my experience of the game. Any help and input is appreciated!

Comments

• AntonIIAntonII Member Posts: 31
    1. Use Project Infinity. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74335/project-infinity-public-beta-for-all/p1 It's not as easy as Roxanne's tool (mainly because you have to download the mods yourself and have to figure out the conflicts on your own, mostly), but you'll end up with up-to-date versions of mods as made by their authors rather than with what Roxanne decided to do with them in order to fit her Sandrah Saga (which I really don't recommend).

2. Don't install too many mods, you'll get confused quickly trying to get them to work together.
    3. You'll need to install the mods in a certain order to ensure compatibility. There are a few examples of huge EET builds that worked for people over at Gibberlings, by Cahir and 4rdur4n, for example. Look up their threads and use their builds as a rough reference.

Now as to the actual recommendations:

1. Besides BG1NPC Project, you can have several Friendship Mods fleshing out the other NPCs. I use Ajantis BG1 Expansion, Xan Friendship, Coran Friendship, Garrick: Tales of the Troubadour for BG1. There are also several Friendship mods for BG2, but I have no idea how good they are. Banter Packs and Chatty Imoen seem good to me, too.
    2. you can't go wrong with Unfinished Business for both BG1 and BG2.
    3. If you want to march through the trilogy with the same set of companions, you may want to install your favourite BG1 NPCs for BG2. Kivan, Xan, Tiax, Ajantis, Branwen and Coran are ported well and have lots of BG2 content, but if you never actually went through BG2, you really want to give Edwin, Jan, Viconia, Jaheira, Nalia etc. a chance. :wink:
    4. "Endless BG1" mod should make the transition between BG1 and SoD more smooth.
    5. If you want more quests and content: Lava del'Vortel's mods are universally praised (www.weaselmods.net). For BG1 portion there is also Ascalon's Questpack, Mini Quests and Encounters, Northern Tales of the Sword Coast, Stone of Askavar, Dark Side of the Sword Coast - all of them are reasonably balanced and won't break your game. Fading Promises, Trials of the Luremaster, Test your Mettle, Fishing for Trouble have been considered to be quite good for the BG2 portion.

6. Lefreut's Enhanced UI and EEUI tweaks can really improve your interface. You'll need to dig up the thread on the latter for a documentation on the components.
    7. "Portraits, Portraits Everywhere!" and "The Picture Standard" both make the game feel more complete. "S9Soundsets vol. 2" give more voices for your Charname to choose from.
    8. atweaks, cdtweaks, klatu tweaks, EET Tweaks and jastey's Tweaks for SoD and EET all include some useful options, while some options sound better than what they actually do.
    9. "Spell revisions" is a good, well, revision of spells, "Divine Remix" gives you more kits for your clerics and druids, "Song and Silence" adds a few Bard and Thief Kits.
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    As someone who is running an EET install, I'd be happy to share what I found to work and what didn't as well as areas to avoid for someone doing a modded install for the first time. As I mentioned over at G3, the first thing you want to figure out is how modded you want your game to be. Do you just want to play some specific mods, or do you want to do a playthrough with a huge number of options? Do you want to make modification to the game systems, or do you want to keep things mostly vanilla?

To help organize your thoughts, if you can provide some feedback on what type of changes you'd like to make/are open to making for the following categories.

1. Quest mods: minor tweaks to the existing quests, additions that fit into the base game seamlessly, large DLC size additions, large mega-mods of varying quality because quantity > quality.

2. NPC mods: non-party member dialogue extensions and additional content, extensions of existing Bioware NPCs, additional NPCs of quality equal or greater than Bioware NPCs, additional NPCs of any quality, NPC megamod which may involve substantial rewrites or modifications to the characterization of NPCs or a web of new NPCs, author self-insert megamod fanfics.

3. Kit mods: Bioware kit adjustments, additional kits, kit subsystem replacements and significant modifications.

4. User Interface mods: Minor tweaks through wholesale replacements/reskins.

5. Graphical & Sound mods: Portraits, graphical changes, modified or new soundsets, movie adjustment mods, custom music additions.

6. Item & Store mods: Minor tweaks to existing items, additional items balanced with original items, additional items not balanced with original items, additional items no matter what.

7. Tactical mods: Minor adjustments to game scripts to fix minor issues with combat, additional combat encounters, revised tactical combat AI design with scaling difficulty, more hard fights no matter the quality.

Depending on how much change you want in the different areas, your modded install will be easier or harder to make. Either way, I'd be happy to answer questions and share my thoughts on specifics once you can provide a bit more feedback on what you want.

The other thing you may want to consider, is the more mods you use the longer it will take to figure out a stable install order. You can take advantage of the work of others like myself, Cahir, or 4urden to help avoid some pitfalls, but more mods always make things trickier.

I'd suggest avoiding the BEW stuff for a first time, since while it appears to offer an easier experience my reading and trials with the tool/mods reveals that there's a lot of bugs that you are likely to run into and virtually no support or update if the maintainer of the forked versions (not the original mod authors or generally accepted community maintainers) doesn't feel like addressing the issue you run into. My personal opinion is I didn't want to deal with that hassle and potential wasted time, so for my purposes I went with the more stable options.
  • LagoneroLagonero Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2020
    @AntonII

First of all, thanks a lot for the suggestions, they are incredibily helpful.
    I have read around that PI can get complicated to use, I've seen the claim that in certain situations it could be even more of an hassle than going manual installing, but those might be misleading or just updated comments, so I'm willing to try it if that will lead to a more stable game in the end, despite the learning curve.

As per the actual mods you suggested, I have heard of some of them , especially the UI ones, which I definitely want to try out, and I'll check out the others as well as they don't seem to be too invasive and might enhance the vanilla experience rather than overwhelming it.

Having said that, I've noticed you divided the mods into categories, surely for clarity but does that categorization and order have anything to do with install order? Unfortunately I have no idea about which types of mods should be installed first, especially when it then comes to EET ?
    @Caedwyr

Thanks a lot for the thorough response as well, and yeah I just read the other comments on G3, i made the same post on these forums to maximize the number of insights I get ?

I'll try to answer thoroughly:

In general, as long as I can maintain the installation stable and the experience smooth once set up, I'd very much like to have a lot of GOOD QUALITY options, that are of course lore-friendly and balanced as much as they can be so that they fit into the general flow of the game.

I don't have many specific mods in mind, especially when it comes to quests and new NPCs, but I'd gladly use recommend ones from these threads to make the game even more alive and full of content, and if I don't explore all the options in one playthrough (in some case impossible, and otherwise unlikely) then I'll just have to play the game some more! ?
    I'm looking to install a set up that's complete enough content wise that I don't have to reinstall it new if I want to start a new campaign to explore more options and content fitting to my current run.

As for modifications to game system, I really don't know the system deeply enough to make a judgement on this, but Ill trust recommendations on that part of there are mods or tweaks that male the game more polished or the experience more smooth and consistent, if you know what I mean. I'm not looking for any cheats or to make things more OP that they need to be, as I haven't played BG2 yet anyway, but I'm very much open to suggestions on tweaks in this regard that enhance the experience without making it a completely different game.

Now section by section:

1. Quest Mods: I'd say, additions that fit into the game seamlessly seems like my cup of tea, but I'm also open to BIG DLC type stuff without sacrificing quality, as I think vanilla game has enough quantify for a first time player pretty much, so anything that has good quality and fits into the game, I'm very much up for that. Overall, no need to add INSANE amount of new content just for the sake of it, unless it's really worth it quality wise.

2. NPCs mods: here I'm open to extensions for existing NPC dialogues and options, and also additional NPC s if the qualify is up to the vanilla games or even higher. You can see a recurring theme here, as long as it's good quality content, I'll gladly add it to the game!

3. Kit mods: this is a trickier one for me, as I am used to playing dnd 5e system but I also don't want to completely override the system the games were built around, so unless really worth it, I probably shouldn't go into big overhauls for my first time. I would gladly tweak some kits or add some new ones if they fit well into the system, more options are always good!

4. UI modifications: if they are functional, I will check out some GUI modification or reskin entirely, as long as they are close enough to the vanilla layout, since I like that style and my focus will be on the game map most of the time.

5. Graphical Changes: so far I loved the games aesthetics , but if there something that can enhance it , I'm all up for it. My Bg1 playthrough was done with the original movies , and I just love them.

6. Items and Store mods: definitely addition items balanced with the existing ones in mind, if they are interesting Enough. If it's just to add 6 more varieties of throwing axes just for flavour, I don't mind that but I also don't NEED them, if you know what I mean. If the additions are at least a bit interesting, then yes 100%, quality and balanced without breaking the game.

7. Tactical mods: I found the Bg1 combat and encounters hard but not TOO hard, challenging and satisfying. Having said that, I'm up for tweaks that fix things and make it less cheesy in some.situations, as long as it's scalable and I can eventually beat a tough encounter that's being made more realistic , I'm all up for it.

With all of this in mind, I assume I might as well start to familiarise myself with the PROJECT INFINITY tool, if it will help with a stable installation , and again if I have to cut something less important to make a stable installation that I can do more than one smooth playthrough on, then that's the route I'd like to choose.
    Thanks again for you time and input, I'm looking forward to be able to run the game in a big world and a lot of options ❤️
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Lagonero please have in mind that I actually never did that playthrough with my modlist that @Caedwyr mentioned. So I cannot vouch there are no issues in the game. There were no installation errors as far as I remember, and initial testing in Candlekeep prologue showed no issues either, but that's as much I can tell you how stable it is.

Sadly it was shelved for a while, until after we finish SoD translation to Polish. Now that we're done, I'm considering going back to the idea of EET run (not sure if this will be done before or after patch 2.6 release), but I plan to revise my modlist. I realized that I threw too much stuff in there, because of "it looks cool","could be fun to play" or "better to have more character customization options" approach. But since I have played these games in so long ago, that I barely remember "vanilla" experience anymore I decided that I will install only those tweaks and customizations that fit or are needed for my character. Using categories listed by @Caedwyr, here are my thoughts regarding my revised modlist:

Quest mods: - this is probably the only category where I plan to add stuff. There are a bunch of cool new mods I want to try (Shades of Baldur's gate and The Balduran's Seatower are the two most notable).

NPC mods: - this is the category where I have the greatest dilemma, actually. I plan to play good(ish) character. Not LN good, but more NG or even CG. So, my initial thought was to select only the highest quality good NPC mods. BUT, I realized that there are SO many cool NPC mods with neutral or evil character that it makes me to revise my role-playing concept for my character. Instead of just stick to the "good character" role, I plan to use my neutral/evil party as a way to shift my character's alignment to the neutral or even slightly evil zone. That would fit nicely with all those horrors he will witness during the course of the game. The only problem is that I want to keep high reputation, but there are tweaks that allow your evil party members to stay in the party with high rep. Having all that in mind, I think this may actually be the second category where the number of mods I put to my list will be higher than in my current set up.

Kit mods: - this is the group that I will significantly reduce in size for a couple of reasons. In my current set up I used three main kit mods (those are mods are way more than just kit mods, but for the sake of this post, let's label them kit Mods): Tome & Blood, Faiths & Powers and Might & Guile. Apart from that I used a bunch of smaller, complementary kit mods (mostly to add more flavour to NPCs). All these mods covered all possibilities for customization that I could possibly imagine. But, to be honest, I don't need it all. I plan to play a sorcerer, so the only mod I really need is Tome & Blood. Most of the higher quality NPC mods I plan to use have their own custom kit anyway, which fits their story in the best way. I may add one or two kit mods more (like Shadow Magic - this one is top-notch, I can't miss it), but that's it. I may install only selected kits from M&G and F&P, but I'm not decided yet.

User Interface mods: - I don't plan to change anything here, I think. I was happy with my current set up. I may switch to Dragonspear UI++ when Pecca adds EET compatibility, but that will probably happen after 2.6 patch release.

Graphical & Sound mods: - no changes here either, I think my current set up is the best there is. You may consider adding Artaport mod (with lovely Artastrophe's portraits), but I decided they won't fit the overall set up. But I recommend this mod nonetheless.

Item & Store mods: - another group with a hard choice to make. I need to decide if I will use Item Revisions or not (I used Item Revisions Revised for my current set up). I love this mod, but it has one significant flaw, that for most people is probably non-existent. It doesn't follow EE-style item description. It does bother me a lot and I know there are very slim chances this will change. Now, to enjoy the mod properly, I need to manually adjust the descriptions each time there is a mod update. Which, as you imagine, is a chore. Second Item mod I really need is SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade mod, and here I will wait for @Daeros_Trollkiller to update it to v1.3 (I know, your work was hampered lately, by unforeseen issues, but for your mod I can wait a long time :smile: ). These are basically the only two mods I need, but if I decide to not use IRR, I will check if there is something to fill the gap.

Spell mods - a category that was not on @Caedwyr list, but I think it's an important one. Here, for the same reasons as with IRR I'm considering to not use Spell Revisions Revised (SRR). Here, the changes that I would need to make in spell descriptions are much less significant, though, so I'll probably stick with it. There is one BUT, though. I want to use two additional spellpacks badly, this time: Olvyn Spells and Made in Heaven Spellpack. Now, I'm not sure yet, how those 3 mods work together, how much overlap there is. I need to do more research. If I choose to not use F&P, I can use Olvyn Spells and MiH in their full potential (F&Ps sphere system does not cover those spell packs). Another category with tough choice to make.

Tactical mods: - another category with lots of cuts. I will probably significantly reduce the number of Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS) components to install (on the other hand, there is now a way to adjust the difficulty of each one of them using in game sliders in Options menu, so I may as well end up not cutting anything here). Secondly, I will significantly reduce the number of tweaks. I tend to throw a lot of them, thinking these might be useful, but I'll stick to the ones that are really needed for my playthrough this time.

Now as I've mentioned already, I'm not sure yet if I'll wait for patch 2.6 to kick in before I start preparing my installation, but my initial set up will change a lot.

I hope my ramblings will help you at least a bit with your mods selection.
    @cahir
    I made a response to your comment, but it seems like it failed to upload for some reasons, it was a moderately lengthy one as well ?

I noticed that we might have a similar "taste" in the direction of the set up I want to achieve and your comments on those different categories.

Regarding QUESTS: yes, I don't mind having a large pool of good quality quests and content in general, even if I can't possibly experience it all in one go, since I'd like to replay the game quite a few times with one good and solid set up.

With NPCs, again as long as they don't break the game and make it more "alive" , Im all up for it.
    I do tend to use good aligned characters (I get do invested in quests and characters that I just can't choose the "evil" options, tho I must say evil NPCs like Edwin and veconia look very interesting, so maybe one day!)

On the kit mods I need guidance for sure, since those all look like awesome modifications with badass names! I would think a combination of specific tweak would be ideal for my intentions, maintaing a pretty vanilla feel while improving when possible without breaking the game too much. Same go with spells, I really want some of those awesome looking mods!

I'll also check out your graphical set up currently, and your suggestion, if I can make it prettier and more immersive, why not ;)

As for the items, more options with equal quality to the vanilla quality and feel that don't break the game or make it unstable are very welcome, tho I do enjoy reading descriptions so could you elaborate on the difference with the EE descriptions?

For tactical mods, if the difficulty is scalable, some SCS tweaks that make the game more satisfying and realistic sound quite interesting,
    I will probably look into it more thoroughly .

Your rambling has been very helpful for sure!
    I'm understanding more precisely what type of set up and changes I want to go for, so I can start building a list soon!
    @Lagonero haven't seen actual link to my modlist, so here you go.

Quests -> I recommend anything that @LavaDelVortel, @jastey or @kulyok made without even thinking twice. If you value FR lore consistency greatly, though, I would PROBABLY skip mods that are part of Colours of Infinity series, since those produce more of an eerie feeling and are not written with FR lore in mind. But if this is not of any concern to you, by all means install them all. Those mods are top-notch quality, and you will love every one of them.
    I also tend to skip so called megamods (very large mods made in the early days of WeiDU modding) because those are usually subpar from a quality standpoint than newer mods. I have made an exception for Northern Tales of the Sword Coast, since it was recently balanced and polished.

Kit mods -> feel free to ask specific questions, but generally:
    • Tome and Blood -> covers arcane spellcaster classes, like mages and sorcerers
    • Faiths and Powers -> covers divine spellcaster classes, like clerics, paladins and druids
    • Might and Guile -> covers martial and rogue classes, like fighters, thieves, rangers

There are a plethora of other options those mods have to offer (like feats system in M&G), but if you want to recreate a vanilla experience, those options may not be for you for this run. This is one of the points I have revised regarding my modlist.

Item mods -> I meant the difference of how stats part of item description are presented. The template is slightly different in EE that was in vanilla games. It's not drastically different, but there is a dissonance if you have some items with vanilla style stats and others using EE-style.
    Now, most of the quest or NPC mods that offer additional items are written with two sets of item descriptions (for vanilla and EE games) and also SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade mod is obviously using EE-style descriptions (since it's EE-only). Unfortunately Item Revisions is an older mod, that even if compatible with EEs, still uses vanilla-style descriptions. As I've said this is usually no problem for players, since I didn't see anyone complaining about it except me :smile:

Tactical mods & Tweaks -> If you are not an experienced player, you need to be careful with installing too many SCS components, you can easily turn your game to be too difficult and frustrating. Fortunately, the mod is easily configurable via Options menu directly in game. So you can set it up nicely for your tastes. As for tweaks, I'd start from Tweaks Anthology. There is a great chance you will find every tweak you need there. If not, you can check out a couple of other tweak mods like: Klatu Tweaks and Fixes, Artemius House Rules, Made in Heaven - Tweaks, Olvyn Tweaks, EET Tweaks or Tresset's Tweaks. There are plenty of various mods here to choose from. Just don't get too excited with adding everything to the pool. It's what I've done initially, but it seems too much for me in the end. Just select the tweaks you really need. All of those mods offer to install individual tweaks, so there is a great flexibility here for you.

UI mods -> there are a couple of UI mods to be chosen from, but the two currently the most popular are: Lefreut's Enhanced UI and Dragospear UI++. The first one aim to recreate the UI feel you have in patch 1.3, before the UI change Beamdog introduced in the 2.0 series of patches. Dragospear UI++ changes the UI more drastically, but it looks stunning. Unfortunately it's not EET compatible yet.

Graphical mods -> couple of mods I would recommend here:
    • The Picture Standard -> introduces higher quality portraits, win-win option here
    • Portraits Portraits Everywhere -> adds a lore friendly portrait to almost every character you will encounter in game. Once you try it, you won't be able to play without it anymore. Seriously, it's a must-have mod.
    @Cahir
    Wow thanks a lot! This is the kind of in depth recommendations I need to make up my mind on the huge selection of mods and possibilities.

Yeah I forgot to mention I did stumble on your epic mod list thread while googling about EET , but I couldn't really get a good grasp of what everything did, now I should be able to see it better though.

Regarding QUESTS mods, I'm pretty sure I will install all of those you pointed out, at a glance they seem to be really really good! I don't mind too much if the FR lore isn't "respected" too much, since I've only started to explore it , and I can appreciate those kind of eerie atmospheres.
    I'll probably include them all in my list, alongside NTOTSC.

KIT MODS: yeah I actually would appreciate a clarification of the term "cover": do they drastically overhaul the existing classes and subclasses, and races interactions with them, or do they simply add options? I'm fine with installing one or all of them if they give more options overall without transforming the base ones "too much", if that makes any sense. Of course I'll check out their respective readmes, but I also trust you on this since you seem to have a feel about what synergises with vanilla feel of the game and what transforms it.
    Overall, if I had to pick one, I intend to go with a bard Charname , probably blade, so might and guile would be the pick if anything. As you point out, I would go with the "light" versions of these mods, if such thing makes any sense, without adding too many new mechanics and stuff, at least for a first playthrough.

ITEM MODS: I see what you mean by different descriptions, if it's mainly a matter of layout rather than information, I'm pretty sure it won't bother me too much :) but thanks for pointing that out.
    So item revised seem something that I would gladly add to the list!

TACTICAL MODS : looking at SCS, I will see what custom set up will make for a smooth yet challenging experience, and if I have the option to customize it to an extent in game as I go along, I see this as a very good candidate honestly. At a glance, I would probably not activate the "pre-buff" add on , it looks (from my Bg1 experience) like it could get very very hard to deal with certain encounters.
    I will also check out tweaks anthology, since honestly I might mostly not even know what I would want to tweak ahaha. I'll try to follow your advice and go light on this, if you have a set of tweaks that you deem absolutely necessary, please let me know :)

UI: I guess I'll start the installation with what's available with EET, I'm assuming a UI mod won't be too hard to replace (might be wrong of course, just feels like the type of modification that won't break a save file). Leufret looks nice!

GRAPHICAL MODS: yes, those 2 look right up my alley and are definitely going into my list! Thanks a lot, they seem like they would greatly add to the experience overall.

So let's try to recap and put this into a first draft of a mod list:

MISCELLANEOUS:
    - old movies
    - the one that lets you continue Bg1 after the last fight (never ending Bg1?)
    - EET

QUESTS:
    - Mods by LavaDelVortel, Jastey and kuliok.
    - Northern tales of the sword coast.

NPCS:
    - BG1 NPCs project
    - Imoen4ever
    - an equivalent banter mod for bg2 (if any exists)
    - other loose NPCs that I still have to look into well.

KIT MODS:
    -might and guile (planning to make a bard)
    - possibly the other two you mentioned.

SPELL MODS:
    - anything that looks cool and it's not too clashing with the vanilla spells would be a good addition, will look into this more.

ITEMS:
    - Item revisions
    - SoD to bg2 items

TACTICS:
    -SCS (Light tweaks just to make the AI better and some more realistic challenge)

TWEAKS:
    Not sure yet, but most likely some had picked from
    -Tweak anthology.

UI:
    -Leufret's Enhanced UI

GRAPHICS:
    -Portraits everywhere
    - The picture standard.

this is a first draft, and I'll look into any conflicts or compatibility issues with EET, but if I missed something crucial or heavily recommend, please point it out! Same goes with obvious conflicts or stability issues with this compilation of mods.

Thanks again, this has all been incredibly helpful so far.

Lagonero wrote: »
    @AntonII

First of all, thanks a lot for the suggestions, they are incredibily helpful.
    I have read around that PI can get complicated to use, I've seen the claim that in certain situations it could be even more of an hassle than going manual installing, but those might be misleading or just updated comments, so I'm willing to try it if that will lead to a more stable game in the end, despite the learning curve.

As per the actual mods you suggested, I have heard of some of them , especially the UI ones, which I definitely want to try out, and I'll check out the others as well as they don't seem to be too invasive and might enhance the vanilla experience rather than overwhelming it.

Having said that, I've noticed you divided the mods into categories, surely for clarity but does that categorization and order have anything to do with install order? Unfortunately I have no idea about which types of mods should be installed first, especially when it then comes to EET ?

I divided them by priority I'd give them.

An order of mods (by 4udr4n) can be found here and if you are even more curious, he even made a spreadsheet with rules telling you which mod needs to go before the other in any case.

As a rule of thumb: the soundsets need to be installed first on your target BG2, outside of any build. Then you need DLC merger, then come the un-updated legacy BG1 mods that need to be installed before Trilogy, then goes EET, then I generally install the UI mods, Quest mods, NPC mods, kit mods, tweaks, portraits, EET End mod. But you best check with 4udr4n's list and maybe double-check the readme files of the mods.

The mods I mentioned mostly don't conflict with each other (except some things like that you shouldn't use both the Unfinished Business version of Svlast and Nim Furlwing and the NTOTSC versions). Some components of the Tweaks and UI mods are mutually exclusive, though, so you really need to read their documentation to know what the components do.
    @Lagonero

QUESTS -> if you don't stick too much to FR lore, then go ahead, install all of Lava's mods.

KIT MODS -> All 3 kit mods are very modular, so you can install only those components you really want (ok, there are CORE components, that are mandatory for the rest of components, but generally there is a lot of flexibility here). Those mods also come with very good ReaDme docs, so you can get all info you need from there: Might & Guile, Faiths & Powers, Tome & Blood. But I feel you can just install a couple of kits you need, without changing the base game mechanics. If I end up to install M&G this is probably what I do.

ITEM MODS -> yes, this is purely cosmetic issue for me. The actual information is the same. One point to note, Item Revisions doesn't (generally) and new items to the game, just revise existing ones in the way, more of those items are meaningful to be used in the game. The goal was to have as few useless items as possible. Other item mods adds new stuff to the game. Te tricky point is to not overload the game with overpowered stuff that comes from various mods. That's the way I would recommend to use Item Revisions plus one or two item packs. My personal recommendation would be SoD to BG2 Item Upgrade, but here I would wait for v1.3 to come out, since it will come (among other cool stuff) with native EET compatibility (you won't need to install it on BG2EE prior to EET installation).
    edited December 2020
    Oh, and beware that Might and Guile changes lots of stuff and introduces all kinds of modifiers that make the game more sophisticated (the documentation is here). People who don't really understand the math behind the combat system and just equip the strongest sword, use all the buff spells they have and blast the enemy with some attack spells will find themselves not really using all the newfound complexity.

"Song and Silence" is an older, less sophisticated version that expands bards without deviating too far from what vanilla was doing, which is why I prefer it, but to each his own.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @Lagonero Be aware that the BGII part of Imoen4Ever changes the (BGII) main story quite a bit. I wrote it because I like what it does a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first-like playthrough; and also, compatibility with other mods is rare (there is a list here). You can install the SoD part of Imoen4Ever separately which will give you Imoen back for the main SoD campaign, which is not as intrusive to the story.

For quests in BG1 I would also recommend Ascalon's Questpack.
    @AntonII

I took a look at those links, they seem very very useful! I'll definitely use them as a guideline. Does the first link you provided useful for use in PI if I only choose a partial portions of the mods? Or is it just to manually compare my log and see if everything is in order?

Either way, the spreadsheet is very useful and at a glance seem to include most mods I'd like to use.

Regarding Might and Guile , I'll check the readme in its entirety and see if it makes any sense for me to use or just don't bother for now, in favour of Song and Silence provided that stability and compatibility wouldn't be compromised (which doesn't seem to be the case :smile: ) I'll read both readmes.

@Cahir thanks for the links, I'll jump into them soon and see!
    I like the idea of getting just a few hand picked tweaks and leave the rest vanilla for the most part.

Regarding items, thanks, the name said it but I want sure ahahah.
    I'd like to at least give the installation a try pretty soon, so if the only downside of not waiting for the SoD to bg2 item mod update is having to install it "outside" of EET, I think I can manage that (hopefully). Then if I need to upgrade it mid playthrough, do you think I'd be able to do it without having to start from scratch?

Either way, thanks guys you are making this a lot easier than it would have been, if I could offer you a pizza I would ?

In a few hours I think I'll start tinkering with the base installation of the games and probably try to install some base mods with PI to familiarise with the tool and see if I want to use that or go manual. I'll probably update this thread with the final mod list and see how it goes!
    @jastey
    Nice to be able to interact with the original mod maker :) thanks for the heads-up, I will probably leave the Bg2 part of it out for my first playthroughs and go for the SoD part, it looks quite interesting which is why I wanted to include it in the first place.

Also, thanks a lot for the other suggestion, I will definitely check those out. If a goes well, I'm sure I will enjoy these quests a ton, you guys seem very passionate about it and to keep up with the vanilla quality (at least Bg1 since that's what I played so far), they must be very very good :smiley:
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Thanks!
    I'd also recommend Lure of Sirine's Call as a small BG1 questmod.
    I'm a bit biased though as I maintain both mods currently. :D
    edited December 2020
    It's all good ☺️ I read that name in past threads and discussions about must have mods for BG1, so I assume it will be worth it! As long as it fits into the game world alongside the other quests, I'm sure I'll find it great .
    @Lagonero

Generally I would recommend Project Infinity as an installation tool. It may have a bit steep learning curve, but once you master it, it will save you a LOADS of time. You just need to remember two things while using it:
    1) You need to download all your mods manually
    2) You need to do a research and plan your entire modlist ahead

The Alternative is using Roxanne's tool or install all mods manually. Personally I would recommend Project Infinity.
    Yeah if i hadn't made up my mind until now, now i did :smile:

I'm in the very process of selecting mods, downloading them, and making up the install order as i undestand it. I will most likely post it and @ someone (apologies in advances, you guys have been so helpful already) , so I feel like project infinity won't be _that_ bad :neutral:
    @Cahir Is there a place where I can find a list of @jastey mods? I am having trouble finding a comprehensive source, while I managed to gather Lava and kulyok's ones :smile:
    Lagonero wrote: »
    @Cahir Is there a place where I can find a list of @jastey mods? I am having trouble finding a comprehensive source, while I managed to gather Lava and kulyok's ones :smile:

I think the easiest way would be to check her signature at G3. Just find one of her posts and reveal hidden contents in signature :)
    My detailed list is going to go up later today. You've given me enough to structure things around and I think I can probably suggest an install order as well.
    edited December 2020
    Wow thanks guys! @Cahir I did end up finding her mods, and downloaded the ones i liked, thanks for the tip.

@Caedwyr that's awesome, in the meantime I downlaoded a good portion of the mods I'm pretty sure I'm going to be using, installed the games fresh, and download Project Inifinty as well. In a few hours I'll probably go to sleep , I might do some reading of some more complex mods readmes to fully grasp what they are supposed to do, and then I'll definitely be looking forward to your detailed list! Really thanks for the time you are putting into helping a stranger on the internet out, I greatly appreciate it.
    @Cahir

oh yeah this helps a ton, actually.

During my brief Google session of looking up EET threads, I stumbled upon yours but skimmed through as I didn't understand most of the stuff anyway, since I had and still have not a lot of knowledge on different mods and what they do, let alone how they interact with eachother. Looked like a very epic set up though, something I thought I might try after I completed the games a couple of times in a more light set up.

I think I am with you on most preferences from the looks of it, at least in concepts: I really don't mind having a big selection of quests and content mods as long as they are good quality (and it seems like there A LOT of good quality ones) and as long as they don't override the main game if that makes any sense.

Same goes with NPCs, more options the merrier as long as I don't have to guess which ones are the "good ones" once I'm playing the game, and so far I played ( and intend to play) a good aligned character, neutral probably at best. I might change my mind, but so far I got so invested in quests and sidequests, and their respective characters, that I definitely don't see myself going purely EVIL anytime soon, I wold just feel too bad ? at the same time, the few evil aligned party members I encountered during Bg1 (mainly Edwin and veconia I think is the name) looked very cool and I felt bad not being able to bring them along, so ONE DAY I will have to go for it, I guess.
    Anyway, I don't mind the quantity as long as it's all good quality, and as long as it doesn't break the game of course.

Now for the kit mods: damn, those are some glorious looking name, not going to lie. I've stumbled upon a couple of them but I need to read on them more to understand exactly what they do. In a previous response I stated that I might go light on these kind of kits since I haven't even completed a trilogy vanilla run yet, but if these can enhance combat and character customization without making the game super unstable or full of bugs and conflicts, than I might think about them.
    The most efficient way would probably to add specific tweaks of each of these mods to avoid conflicts and make for the best tailored experience, but alas I would need help on that xD. They do look hella cool and I'll read their descriptions more thoroughly to get s better understanding.

For the graphical mods, I'll look up your set up for sure, and the recommendation, seems like there is a ton of great quality content coming from these games' fans!

Can you elaborate more on the description of item revised? Seems like an interesting one, but I also enjoy reading descriptions of times in game as they find them very flavoury and they add to the overall atmosphere. Good thing there are only 2 mods that you recommend here, makes the choice easier ahaha

I'll need to inform myself better on the spell mods, here I'll really need to trust you guys on something that maintains the game's feel and balance, I wouldn't like it very much to be able to discern too easily "ah that must be a mod spell". Not that it's a bad thing if it happens, I'd just like it not to be too obvious if that makes any sense.

The SCS is one of those I've read upon a bit, and it seems interesting as long as I can reliably adjust the difficulty as I go along, I don't want to get stucked on every average encounter, even if that would be more realistic. So maybe a few selected tweaks from this mod would be best, if they can enhance the AI , I don't mind the challenge at all, if it makes the experience more rewarding and satisfying .

That was a very very helpful rambling ? and I'll check out your current set up again with more knowledge about stuff, still this is helping me deciding the direction I want this to go and the experience I'm looking for.

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Lagonero your post was caught by the forum's automated spam filter. I have restored it and verified you so that this should not happen again.
    Thanks a lot @Tresset, I was wondering why that happened. Was it because of something I could have prevented?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Not really, it just sometimes picks up long posts. Regardless, you need not worry about it any longer, I have verified you, and it will ignore you from now on.
    Thank you :)
    Here's the install order and list of mods I'd suggest to use as a basis for your install. At this point, if a mod doesn't appear in Project Infinity, feel free to skip it. I've also left out anything that appears to have a slight conflict or oddness in the in-game text. Once you've had a chance to go through this list, feel free to ask about any specific mods you haven't included yet.
    1. Install Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    2. Install Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
    3. Install Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

Create a temporary folder somewhere to help organize your various downloaded mods before you install them. I'm going to go with the following structure for now

.../Documents/BGEET/Install

With the following subfolders

BG1
    BG2

Download and extract the mods to these two folders. You are going to want to make sure there is a Setup-Foldername.exe and a Foldername for each mod in these folders. Project Infinity may have some additional steps here and you should follow them, but doing this will help organize things and makes it simpler if you choose to do a manual install.

If doing a manual install, what you'd do is copy the contents of these folders to the .../Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition and .../Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Editions on your computer, wherever you've installed the games. You'd then go through the install order listed below, running each Setup-Foldername.exe file one at a time, making sure to hit enter to close the ms-dos window or manually closing if that doesn't work between running each Setup-Foldername.exe file. For Project Infinity, you'd want to follow the instructions for the program in assembling a saved install order. I wanted to use some mods that didn't support Project Infinity and I've been around long enough that I'm more accustomed to babysitting an install, but it meant there were a couple of days where doing it manually meant I was babysitting an install for over 6 hours. Project Infinity means you can just start the install and come back the next morning without having to babysit the install.

Thus, if this is your first time doing a serious bunch of modding your game and you don't want to go for the simpler approach of just grabbing a couple of mods and trying them out, then I highly advise figuring out how to use Project Infinity. There's a thread here on these forums where you can ask for help.

Install to the BG1 game in the following order
    1. DLCMerger - "Merge DLC into game -> Siege of Dragonspear"
    2. Baldur's Gate 1 - Unfinished Business
      • Ice Island Level Two Restoration
      • Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
      • Quonigar, the Cleric
      • Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi
      • Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
      • Creature Corrections
      • Creature Restorations
      • Creature Name Restorations
      • Minor Dialogue Restorations
      • Store, Tavern, and Inn Fixes and Restorations
      • Item Corrections and Restorations
      • Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building
      • Nim Furlwing Encounter
      • Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter
      • Mal-Kalen the Ulcaster Ghost
      • Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations
    3. BG1 NPC Music
      • Install all Audio
    4. Coran's BG Friendship (this may not be compatible with Project Infinity, skip in that case)
    5. Garrick's Infatuation (this may not be compatible with Project Infinity, skip in that case)
      • 1 hour dialogue delay
    6. Neera Expansion
      • Neera Expansion
      • 1.5 hours between talks
      • Make Neera Romanceable by women (or skip, this was to provide variety for my bookclub)
      • Make Rasaad Romanceable by men (or skip, this was to provide variety for my bookclub)
    7. White as Bones NPC
    8. [url="https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/verrsza-bg1ee/]Verr'Sza - the rakshasa NPC for BG1EE[/url]
    9. Drake NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (note that some components don't show in Project Infinity, skip if you are worried)
    10. Shar-Teel NPC Mod (backup link)
    11. BGEE Classic Movies (I chose Restore BG1 Movies to BG:EE - Add missing movies & Restore BG1 Chapter and Dream Screens)

Some of the excellent mods I've left out because of minor issues I've encountered in my game

Sirene NPC - This had some random wilderness comment lines use of some of Tenya's lines instead of what was originally written. I'm not sure if this was an issue with this mod or Tenya, so I'm leaving it off your list.
    Tenya Thermidor - I've modded the couple of overpowered items to be limited charge items instead of daily use items in my install. This had the aforementioned issues with Sirene and maybe other mods.

Install to the BG2 Game in the following order
    1. SoD to BG2EE Item Upgrade
      • Main Component
      • Voidhammer +3 or Voidsword +3 depending on if you plan on using swords or hammers
      • Change Cromwell's equipment to be more in-line with his forging skills
    2. EET core (resource importation)
    3. This is where I install my UI mods, note that this can cause issues with some text not displaying depending on which mods you have installed. For a safe approach, leave these out for your first time or put them towards the end of your install order.
    4. High Quality Soundclips for BG2EE Extended Content
    5. Druid Grove Area Visual Makeover - modifies the area graphics to make the grove look more druidic and less bunker-like.
    6. Quest Mods
    7. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BGT-Weidu, BG:EE, and EET
      • Main component
      • Spawn less monsters depending on game difficulty
      • Keelor the dwarf
      • Llindellyn's Lucky Arrow
      • Pilar and Gheldehar
      • Fighting Encounters
    8. Ascension
      • Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal
      • Balthazar can be redeemed
      • Improved Saverok-Player interactions
      • Improved Imoen-Player interactions in Throne of Bhaal
      • Improved Slayer Transformation
      • Expanded Epilogues for Bioware NPCs - Alternate epilogues by Shawne
      • Tougher Abazigal
      • Tougher Balthazar
      • Tougher Demogorgon
      • Tougher Illasera
      • Tougher Yaga-Shura
      • Extended Epilogues for additional Beamdog NPCs, by Shawne
      • Slightly improved cutscenes, by DavidW
    9. Almateria's Restoration Project
      • Restored Locations
      • Restored Characters and Dialogs
      • Restored Sounds
      • Restored Items
      • Restored Wish Options
      • Lich Deril
      • Minor Restorations
      • Restored Final Slayer Dream
      • Restored Waukeen's Promenade Cutscene
    10. Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters
      • Slime Quest
      • Beregost Family Quest
      • Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...
      • Nashkel Monster Quest
      • Fallen Paladin Quest
      • Undying Love Quest (note there's one item with some leftover's from the translation, but it isn't a huge dealbreaker for me)
      • Lovesick Half-Orc
      • Unexpected Help Quest
      • Many Little Paws
      • Drunk near Beregost Temple
      • A Warm Place for Noober
      • Brage's Sword
      • Legal Sea Charts Sources
      • Additions to the Lady's Hall and the Bitch Queen's Temple
      • A Worried Farmer
      • Bodies for a Good Cause
      • Finish Cordyr's Quest without killing Sil
    11. Ascalon's Questpack
    12. Shades of the Sword Coast - A new mod by a very talented mod author. Keep an eye out for updates until the last minute before you do your install, since this was just released and may get some updates. Skip if you are worried about bugs since it is a brand new release.
    13. Balduran's Seatower - Another newly released mod by a talented group of modders. Adds another area to the city of Baldur's Gate. May be buggy and have some slightly non-native English phrasing in parts. Check for updates and skip if you want to wait for the more polished version if there isn't one when you get around to doing your install.
    14. Endless BG1
      • Main Component
      • More Flavor to Hero of Baldur's Gate
      • Short Public Hero Tribute
      • Sarevok's Unique Items
      • Sarevok's Sword
      • Imoen and Duke Jannath
      • Duke Eltan is in the Palace
      • Flaming Fist After Final Fight
      • Elminster Makes an Appearance - Restored BG1 text
      • First Refugees Come to Baldur's Gate
      • Ophyllis the Treasurer is Inside Palace Dungeon
      • Denkod in Thieves Guild Comments on Sarevok's Death
      • Skip Thieves' Maze Once After Sarevok's Death
    15. Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters - I've gone and installed all components and just skip the steamier stuff (or not) depending on taste, but this adds a lot of very good interactions and dialogues that at a lot of flavour to the world.
      • Main Component - BG-style Version [adult content] - show all components
      • Bardolan's Briefing
      • Scar's Spare Time
      • Kim's Preoccupation
      • Extension of Bjornin Encounter
      • No Starch in the Maypole
      • Duke Eltan's Spare Minute
      • Husam's Personal Preparation
      • Laurel's Post-Hunting
      • Bartus' Seduction
      • Lina's Massage
      • First Night with Quentin
      • Chatting Niklos Up
      • Slythe and Krystin
      • No Regrets
      • Purchased Love
      • Hull: Heavy Duty
      • Late Night with Jaheira
      • Sil's Blessing
      • Melicamp
      • Reading with Rinnie
      • Molly the Husband-Grabber
      • The Mourning of Centeol, the Spider Lady
      • The Essential End
      • The Harvestmen Lair
      • The Great Zudini
      • The Messenger
      • Ender Sai, the Hero's Reward
      • The Novelists
      • The Honest Lies of Two Riversides
      • Necromancer's Trouble
      • Dinner with Thalantyr
      • Girdle of Gender Reactions
      • The Surgeon's Dream
      • All that Left Was
      • A Childhood Friend
      • Arlene the Working Girl
      • Della May from Thay
      • A Dirty Guard in Candlekeep
      • Phoenix Flame
      • Mikala the Monk
      • The Messenger 2: Rain or Snow or Gloom of Night
      • Camryn and Tamah
      • Minor Disclosures
      • Cloakwood Lovers
    16. The Lure of the Sirines Call
      • Main Component
      • Extended Lighthouse Area
    17. Unfinished Business
      • The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
      • The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
      • Kalah and What he was promised
      • Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illitium Quest
      • The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
      • Restored Crooked Crane Inn
      • Restored Encounters
      • Artemis Enteri in Bodhi's Lair
      • Corrected Xzar's Creations
      • Restored Hell Minions
      • Item Restorations
      • Corrected Character Names and Biographies
      • Restored Minor Dialogs
      • Extended ToB Item Descriptions
      • Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
      • Sarevok's Remorse
      • The Murder of Acton Balthis
    18. Adalon's Blood
    19. The Gibberlings 3 Anniversary Mod - This may be a bit silly for your tastes. Check out the readme. I thought it fit just fine into some of the other kind of silly stuff in BG1 and BG2, but personal tastes will vary.
    20. Ooze's Lounge
    21. Southern Edge
    22. Innershade - Don't patch the existing games
    23. I Shall Never Forget - Don't patch the existing games
    24. Tales of the Deep Gardens - Don't patch the existing games
    25. Tangled Oak Isle - Don't patch the existing games
    26. Assassinations - There are some concerns that this gives too much xp, but I am adjusting XP gains elsewhere so combat gives a lot less XP.
    27. Dungeon Crawl - This one can come across as being a bit silly as well. Check readme to see if it is to your taste.
    28. Eilistraee's Song - Don't patch the existing games
    29. Every Mod and a Dog - A collection of small vingettes, weird and odd in the style of some of the ones in BG1 but for BG2. Tastes may vary.
      • A Z-rated adventure
      • The Promise of a Troll
      • A Bhaalspawn's Best Friend
      • Under Her Spell
      • Character Medley
    30. Fading Promises
    31. Hidden Adventures
      • Lady Elgea's Extended Plot
      • Anomen's Extended Plot
      • Jerlia's Ore Shop
      • Elven Holy Water in the Temple of Lathander
      • Wave Blade in Treasury
      • Silver Dagger in Irenicus Dungeon
      • Bards can Spend the Night at their Stronghold
      • A Bard for the Bard Stronghold
      • Silver Sword
      • A Tunnel for Saradush
      • Temple of Mask in Docks District
    32. Lucy the Wyvern
    33. Questpack - SimDing0's questpack was written for an older version of Weidu. To make things run smoothly, rename the following files. Setup-d0questpack.exe ----> Setup-questpack.exe, Setup-d0questpack.tp2 ----> Setup-questpack.tp2
      • General AI Improvements
      • Creature & Area Improvements -> All Creature & Area Improvements
      • Miscellaneous Enhancements -> With Additional Random Encounters
      • Additional Shadow Thieves Content
      • Alternative Harper/Xzar Plot
      • Extended Reynald Sequence
      • Intrigue In The Copper Coronet
      • Rahul Kanakia's Potion Quest
      • Revised Hell Trials
      • Improved Oasis II -> IO2 Dialogue & Combat Enhancement
      • Saving Sanik In Brynnlaw
      • Burglary Of The Bookkeeper
      • New Fate For The Dryads' Acorns
      • The Tragedy Of Besamen
      • Further Slaver Involvement
      • Sending The Solamnic Knights Home
      • Nazariel The Lich
      • Reward Negotiation
      • Infernal Thievery
    34. Alternatives
    35. Reunion
    36. BG2 Romantic Encounters - I skipped a few in here because of conflicts with the Coran BG2 mod and the Valygar Romance
      • Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters
      • Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)
      • Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)
      • Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan
      • An Evening with Aran, by Kulyok
      • Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)
      • Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)
      • Trademeet with Guildmistress Busya, by magrat
      • The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok
      • Chanelle's Gifts, by cmorgan (adult content)
      • Cyric's Test, by Kulyok
      • A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)
      • A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)
      • Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok
      • Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok
      • Elhan's Expansion, by Kulyok
      • Firkraag's Unsheathed Sword
      • Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian
      • A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok
      • Enter Haer'Dalis, by Kulyok
      • Hendak's Heart, by jastey
      • Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok
      • Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye
      • A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok
      • Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)
      • The Love Song of Logan, Lord Coprith, by Ajnos
      • Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok
      • Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde
      • Noober Returns, by cmorgan
      • Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok
      • Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)
      • Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian
      • Sir Ryan Trawl, by Kulyok
      • Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)
      • Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok
      • Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)
      • Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey
      • Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)
      • Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok
      • A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok
      • Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content)
      • Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content)
      • The Queen, by Domi
      • Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin
      • Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat
      • A Chat with Viekang, by magrat
      • Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content)
      • Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd)
      • Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones
      • Minsc. Takes. A Bath, by Thimblerig
      • Nizidramanii'yt's Vanity, by Thimblerig
      • Date Night, by SisterVigilante
    37. Shards of Ice - Some more small encounters and odd things for the party to run into. Tastes may vary
      • The Price Of Friendship
      • Some of My Best Friends Are Slimes
    38. The Minotaur and Lilacor
    39. Back to Brynnlaw
    40. Sellswords
    41. Turnabout
    42. NPC Mods, Bioware Expansions First, then BG1 continuations, then custom NPCs
    43. NPC Tweak
      • Anomen
      • Nalia
    44. Chatty Imoen
      • Expanded Character Sounds
      • Add NPC Interactions
    45. BG1 NPC Project
      • Required Modifications
      • Banters, Quests, and Interjections
      • Ajantis Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks
      • Branwen's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks
      • Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks
      • Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks
      • Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks
      • Xan's Romance Core (teen content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks
      • Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran
      • Banter Timing: Normal (about 27 minutes between banter dialogs)
      • Bardic Reputation Adjustment
      • Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary
      • Player-Initiated Dialogues
    46. Ajantis BG1
      • Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification
      • Install the unique BG:EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield
    47. Jaheira Recast - Use BG1+BG2 Character Sounds
    48. Neera Banters
      • Dialogue Banters and Interjections
      • Interaction Banters
    49. Xan for BG1 Friendship Path
    50. Banter Pack
      • Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
      • Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
    51. IEP Extended Banters
      • Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA
      • Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB
      • Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB
      • Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok)
      • NPC Conflict Revisions
      • Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark
      • Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 30 Minutes
    52. Cernd Friendship
    53. Mazzy Friendship - There's also a mod called "All Things Mazzy" but it is quite the NPC mega-mod with a lot of changes to a lot of the bioware characters. Some that I like, and others that I'm not a fan of. I'll probably do a full playthrough later on with just it installed, but for maximum compatibility (conceptual) I stayed away from it this time.
    54. Minsc Friendship
    55. Dorn Romance
    56. Valygar Friendship
    57. Corthala Romantique
      • Corthala Romantique - Main Valygar Romance
      • Corthala Romantique - Bathing scene
      • Install Leonora Content: A Guard for the Sphere
    58. Haer'Dalis Friendship - Sadly the Haer'Dalis romance mod currently has some bugs that caused me to stay away.
    59. Imoen Friendship - There's a NPC mega mod called Imoen Romance which adds a lot of content. The very old version was notorious for some questionable content, but the newer one is supposedly much better. I've gone with the Imoen Friendship mod for comptability and for a lighter take on her personality. I'll probably do a playthrough with the Imoen Romance version at some point, though I can't speak to ordering of that mod for compatibility at this time.
    60. Keldorn Romance
      • berelinde's Keldorn Romance
      • Romance Match -> Romance is available to LG/NG protagonists only (Recommended)
      • Select Keldorn's dialogue timer: -> Speed (Default): minimum 30 minutes (SoA)/45 minutes (ToB) real time between dialogues
    61. Korgan Friendship
    62. Korgan's Redemption
    63. Sarevok Friendship
    64. Sarevok Romance
    65. Viconia Friendship
    66. Yoshimo Friendship
    67. Yoshimo Romance
    68. Yoshimo's Remorse
    69. Solaufein's Rescue
      • Solaufein's Rescue: Jastey's Solaufein NPC for BGII
      • Give Solaufein in Ust Natha the Mod's Portrait
    70. Afaaq, the Djinni Companion
      • Afaaq, the Djinni Companion -> Full Version (includes quests, banters and more)
      • Alternate djinni portrait by Ulb: v2.8
    71. Brage's Redemption
    72. Pai'Na NPC - Pai'Na is silent by default, but I added a voiceset here. If you want to use it, feel free to ask me how to apply this edit.
    73. Xan for BG2
      • Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II
      • Xan's Alternate Voice by Joey Bracken
    74. Yeslick NPC for BG2 - Fighter- Algahor of Clangeddin
    75. Wilson Chronicles
    76. Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - this may result in some duplicated items, but I'm okay with that
      • New quest for Baldur's Gate 2 EE
      • Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC
      • Add brand new SoD-oriented items to BG2
    77. Tiax NPC for BG2
    78. Kivan of Shilmista
    79. Coran for BG2
      • Coran NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II
      • Delete old Coran from the Forest of Tethyr (RECOMMENDED)
    80. The Longer Road - I haven't tested this version of the mod, but it was a cool option to have back when I first played it and it appears to have been updated by some very competent people. Make sure to use this version and not the version on BEW as that has a bunch of changes to integrate it with the BEW maintainer's mega mod.
    81. Branwen BG2 NPC mod
    82. Sir Ajantis for BG2
      • Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII
      • Install the unique BG(II):EE BAM for Ajantis' Family Shield
      • Installation of adult romance content
      • Ajantis kit choice: make Ajantis Cavalier
    83. Tyris Flare - May be too immersion breaking, but worked okay for me from what I've read about the mod.
    84. The Beaurin Legacy
    85. Fade NPC
      • Fade: An NPC for Baldur's Gate II: SoA and ToB
      • Fade NPC: reactions to Romantic Encounters (RE may be installed before or after this component)
      • Fade EE: give Fade Shadowdancer kit
    86. Brandock the Mage
    87. Sirene NPC for BG2 - If you want continuity, I'd gamble on including the BG1 part way back up in the BG1 (prior to EET) section of this list. Highly rated NPC mod.
    88. Valerie NPC for BG1 - Doesn't have a voiceset. I added one for my game and can show you how if you'd like. Leave out if you don't want to bother with another sorcerer NPC.
    89. Sarah NPC
    90. Nephele NPC - Nephele is silent by default, but I added a voiceset . If you want to use it, feel free to ask me how to apply this edit.
    91. Petsy NPC
      • Petsy Chattertone
      • Petsy/Nephele crossmod banters
    92. Gahesh NPC
    93. Ninde NPC - Silent NPC by default. I added one using NWN voicesets. For instructions on how to copy my work, let me know if you are interested.
    94. Mur'Neth NPC - The reason to remove the rare select sound is that in the Enhanced Editions, it isn't as rare as it originally was when the mod was first created.
      • The Mur'Neth NPC Mod
      • Remove Rare selection sounds
    95. Iylos NPC
      • Iylos NPC for BGII:ToB
      • Install extended content (PID, more interjections, friendship, scenery & plot dialogues)?
      • How much time would you like in between Iylos' PC dialogues? -> 30 Minutes
    96. Gavin BG1 NPC
      • Gavin NPC for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE
      • Gavin: Romance (mature content)
      • Gavin: Flirts (adult content)
      • Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue
    97. Gavin BG2 NPC
      • Gavin for BG2
      • Multi-romance cheat -> Normal romance kills - This makes the romance break if you romance multiple characters, similar to vanilla romance behaviour.
    98. Glam's NPC Pack
    99. Evandra NPC
      • Evandra NPC
      • Crossmod Content
    100. Dace NPC
      • Dace Linton NPC Mod for BG2:SoA & ToB
      • Install alternate portrait by Ilmatar?
    101. Yvette Romance
      • Yvette Romance - BG2 Romance Character
      • Yvette Romance - alternative class (Pure Heartwarder)
    102. Foundling: Between the Shades NPC - Don't patch existing save games
    103. Will o Wisp
      • Will NPC, shaman stronghold and new shaman kit for BG2EE
      • Change shaman .tlk string to remove "Ineligible for any stronghold" line
      • New items for shamans and undead NPCs
      • Optional: Drider and Dark Treant Enemies
      • Crossmod Banters: 1.6
    104. Auren Asepth NPC
    105. Recorder NPC BG1
      • Recorder NPC MoD
      • Choose whether or not to have Recorder's custom soundtrack play during timed talks. -> Recorder's Music
    106. Recorder NPC BG2 - Just released, so keep an eye out for updates
    107. Helga NPC BG1
    108. Helga NPC BG2 - Just released, so keep an eye out for updates
    109. Vienxay NPC BG1
    110. Vienxay NPC BG2 - Just released, so keep an eye out for updates
    111. Kale NPC BG1
      • Kale NPC for BG1EE and SoD
      • Choose an alternate class for Kale? -> Warden(Fighter Kit)
    112. Kale NPC BG2 - Just released so keep an eye out for updates
    113. Artisan's Kitpack - Arcane Archer Kit - Installing this here so the next mod can use it.
    114. Emily NPC BG1
      • Emily NPC for BG1EE
      • Choose an alternate class for Emily? -> Arcane Archer (Fighter Kit)
      • Choose whether or not to have Emily's custom soundtrack play during timed talks. -> Emily's Music
    115. Emily NPC BG2 - Just released, so keep an eye out for updates.
    116. Aura NPC for BG1 - Artificier Kit, BG1 default portrait. These to your taste
    117. Arath NPC - Silent NPC, so I added a voiceset. Let me know if you want help adding it to yours.
    118. Adrian NPC
      • Adrian for BGII -> Adrian is a Sorcerer
      • Install optional soundset for Adrian (only in English) -> Phaelin's soundset
      • Crossmod content
    119. Isra NPC for BG1
      • Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, EET, BGT and TuTu
      • Valerie/Isra crossmod content
      • Gavin/Isra crossmod content
    120. Isra NPC for BG2
      • Isra for BGII
      • Isra Crossmod Content
    121. Kelsey NPC
      • Kelsey
      • Ascension-specific dialogue (Requires WeiDU Ascension, v1.4.12 or greater recommended)
    122. Crossmod Banter Back for BG2
      • Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn
      • Crossmod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal
      • Crossmod Romance Conflicts
    123. Grey the Dog - There's some non-native wordings in places (I'm working on proofreading this and they will hopefully be fixed by the time you get around to installing), but this is a cool 7th party member. CHARNAME gets their very own dog friend. I chose this instead of Haiss the Wolf mod, which also looks very well done, but I found having two powerful tank type dog/wolf following me around was unbalancing.
    124. NPC Flirt Packs
      • Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
      • Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
      • Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
      • Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
      • Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
      • Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
      • Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
      • Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
    125. Jastey's SoD Tweakpack
      • Do Not Miss NPC-PC Dialogues -> For NPCs in Party Only
      • Skip Korlasz's Dungeon - This gives an option
      • More Dialogue Choices & Prevent Dead Ends
    126. Homeward Bound
      • Homeward Bound
      • Romances end due to separation -> Homeward Bound does *not* kill BioWare romances
    127. Portraits, Portraits, Everywhere - I modified the Hull portrait as per this post.
      • Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component
      • Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced
      • Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits
      • Edwin/Edwina
      • Ust Natha Drow NPCs
      • Vampire NPCs
    128. Items & Stores
    129. Improved Horns of Valhalla
    130. Weasels!
    131. Rogue Rebalancing - We're just installing the equipment parts at this time.
      • Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
      • Upgradeable Equipment
    132. Song & Silence - We're just installing the item shop part at this time.
      • Add new bardic store and thief items
    133. Bardic Wonders - We're just installing the items right now.
      • Bardic Wonders: Items
    134. Item Upgrade
      • Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades -> Revised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades)
      • Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades -> Revised Version (new upgrades presented in the same style as existing upgrades)
      • Install supplemental Cespenar audio for Item Upgrade
    135. Kit and Class Modifications - I recommend sticking with smaller modifications. I did a lot of work trying to get some of the larger packages to work, but they either have some edge cases or the overall quality is inconsistent. Sadly this has meant that I've avoided including all the options I might want from Might & Guile, Tome & Blood, and Faiths & Powers. Basically all of subtledoctor's mods. They are all in various forms of beta and are great for seeing what can be done with the system, but they lacked the polish I was looking for in a kit/class mod for a first-time playthrough. I've also got a lot of options here, though you may want to only use the ones that add a kit you want for your PC or an NPC. My install was meant to be robust and offer a lot of options for my bookclub.
    136. NPC Kitpack - Some flavorful additions to the base game NPCs for BG2.
      • Improved Specialist Mage Descriptions
      • Anomen Gains Helm Kit on Passing Knighthood Test
      • Anomen Gains Berserker Kit on Failing Knighthood Test
      • Prevent CN Anomen Gaining a Holy Symbol
      • Add Red Wizard to Edwin's Kit Description
      • Give Imoen Adventurer Kit - This isn't added to the BG1 version of Imoen, but I used the save game editor to give it to her. Maybe this will be fixed by the time you do your install.
      • Give Mazzy a Proper Truesword of Arvoreen Kit
      • Give Nalia Adventurer Kit
      • Give Sarevok a Proper Deathbringer Kit
    137. Dreamwalker Shaman Kit
    138. Shadow Magic - A really cool subsystem mod. Pretty stable and put together with a high attention to detail. Just got an update.
      • Shadow Magic: Main Component
      • Shadow Magic: Shadow Monk monk kit
      • Shadow Magic: Quests and Encounters (BG:EE)Shadow Magic: Enhanced Shade Lord (BG2:EE)
    139. Artisan's Kitpack - The rest of the artisan's kitpack. Another high quality mod. Some might consider these slightly more powerful than the base game kits, but they mostly boost non-magical characters at higher levels, where they need it to keep up with the casters. Makes all the classes much more interesting in my opinion, plus some nice new options.
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Vanguard Fighter Kit - I gave this to Khalid
      • Artisan's Kitpack: The Art of Slaughter (Berserker Rework)
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Art of the Sword Saint (Kensai Rework)
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Rashemi Berserker Ranger Kit for Minsc
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Dark Hunter Ranger Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Divine Champion Paladin Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Mystic Fire Paladin Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Way of the Anti-Paladin (Blackguard Rework)
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Elementalist Druid Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Hivemaster Druid Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Rogue Archer Thief Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Magekiller Thief Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Way of the Assassin (Assassin Rework) - I gave this to Montaron and Hexxt
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Pale Master Sorcerer Kit
      • Artisan's Kitpack: 3e-accurate Dragon Disciple -> Original Stat Bonuses - I'm playing one of these focusing entirely on melee combat and the stat gains are the only way this can be viable at lower levels as a single class sorcerer.
      • Artisan's Kitpack: Warhorn Shaman Kit
    140. Improved Shamanic Dance - I ran into some bugs with some of the components, but these ones seemed to install just fine.
      • Improved Shamanic Dance
      • Expanded Shamanic Dance for high level characters
      • Apply Shamanic Dance improvements to Shaman kits
    141. Bardic Wonders - Here is the rest of this mod.
      • Bardic Wonders: Abettor of Mask Kit
      • Bardic Wonders: Dancer Kit
      • Bardic Wonders: Troubadour Kit
      • Bardic Wonders: Deathsinger Kit
    142. Sword and Fist - I use the monk remix in this one because I like the changes to the monk class over the vanilla version. Your call of course.
      • Monk Remix
      • Install Hexblade fighter kit
      • Install Duelist fighter kit
      • Install Fist of Order fighter kit
      • Install Duskblade fighter kit (by ronin69hof
    143. Divine Remix - I ended up using this instead of Faiths & Powers. It gives me some more flavorful cleric kits and is pretty stable with the options I selected. The nightcloak of share kit for viconia ended up making her a Holy Strategist of the Red Knight. A possible bug or mod conflict, so I've left it off this list here.
      • Cleric Remix
      • Install Silverstar of Selune Cleric Kit
      • Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
      • Install Holy Strategist of the Red Knight Cleric Kit
      • Install Painbearer of Ilmater Cleric Kit
      • Install Firewalker of Kossuth Cleric Kit
      • Install Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim Cleric Kit
      • Install Lorekeeper of Oghma Cleric Kit
      • Install Heartwarder of Sune Cleric Kit
      • Install Feywarden of Corellon Cleric Kit
      • Install Strifeleader of Cyric Cleric Kit
      • Druid Remix
      • Install Oozemaster Druid kit
      • Install Bowslinger Ranger Kit
      • Install Feralan Ranger Kit
      • Install Forest Runner Ranger Kit
      • Install Justifier Ranger Kit
      • Install Wilderness Runner Ranger Kit
    144. Rogue Rebalancing - Here's where we install the rest of the parts of this mod that we are using. I'm going with Song & Silence as well, so I'm skipping some of the other modifications made by this mod.
      • Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills
      • Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking - if you want to be able to boost your thief skills super high, avoid this. I find the stacking potions to be a bit cheaty.
      • Chosen of Cyric encounter - may want to skip. This is a hard fight and requires you to know how the skill and spell systems interact. Or put the game on storybook mode when you encounter this or CTRL+Y all the enemies if it causes too many problems.
      • Shadow Thief Improvements - This makes the Shadow Thieves guild more challenging should you side against them.
      • BG2-style icons for RR content
    145. Song & Silence - Here's where we install the rest of this mod.
      • Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components)
      • Install Acrobat bard kit
      • Install Chorister bard kit
      • Install Dirgesinger bard kit
      • Install Gypsy bard kit
      • Install Adventurer thief kit
      • Install Burglar thief kit
      • Install Soulknife thief kit
    146. Tome & Blood
      • Sorcerer: Favored Soul
      • Sorcerer: Sylvan Disciple
      • Sorcerer: Revenant Disciple
      • Sorcerer: Amorphous Disciple
    147. Might & Guile
      • Revised Multiclassing and Multiclass Kits
      • Revised Beastmaster
      • Improved Rangers
      • Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride)
      • Add the Corsair (fighter kit)
      • Add the Marksman (fighter kit)
      • Add the Halfling Slinger (fighter/thief kit)
      • Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit)
      • Add the Gallant (bard kit)
    148. Tweaks - What you want is going to depend on personal taste, but be warned that this is an section where ordering will matter and incompatibilities will abound.
    149. Thrown Hammers
      • Thrown Hammers
      • Normal throwing hammers
      • +1 throwing weapons
      • Additional magic items
    150. The Tweaks Anthology - This is the big tweak mod. I've given you a pared down version of what I use, mostly adjustments to improve quality of life and the general experience.
      • Change Viconia's Skin Color to Dark Blue
      • Weapon Animation Tweaks
      • Icon Improvements
      • Force All Dialogue to Pause Game
      • Fix Boo's Squeak
      • Unique Icons
      • Unique Containers -> Unique icons and names
      • Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel)
      • More Interjections
      • Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
      • Improved Athkatlan City Guard
      • Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear)
      • Add Bags of Holding
      • Exotic Item Pack
      • Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
      • Gems and Potions Require Identification -> Just potions
      • Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions
      • Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
      • Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time -> Instant forging (original BG2 default)
      • Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes
      • Change Cloakwood Mine Chapter End Change Trigger to Non-TotSC Behavior (plainab) (BETA)
      • Two-Handed Bastard Swords
      • Two-Handed Katanas
      • Two-Handed Axes
      • Universal Clubs
      • Expanded Dual-Class Options
      • Wear Multiple Protection Items -> Allow Armor Plus One Protection Item (Angel)
      • Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
      • Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons
      • Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e)
      • Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Install options one and two (everyone can multiclass anything)
      • Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes
      • Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits
      • Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class
      • Druids Use 3E Alignment Restrictions
      • Allow Mages to Use Bucklers and Thieves to Use Small Shields (Angel)
      • Speed Up de'Arnise Keep Stronghold Quests
      • Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
      • Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking
      • Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
      • Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking
      • Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking
      • Bottomless Bags (depending on how much you want to do the inventory management mini-game)
      • Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation
      • Sellable Items (Icelus)
      • Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor (Icendoan/grogerson)
      • Recoverable ammunition -> 25% chance to recover after a successful hit
      • Recoverable throwing weapons -> 75% chance to recover after a successful hit
      • Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots
      • Personalize automatic save names -> Use scheme: 000000000-(Protagonist)-Save-Name
      • Make party members less likely to die irreversibly
      • Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls
      • ToB-Style NPCs
      • Change Korgan to Neutral Evil
      • Give Kagain A Legal Constitution Score of 19
      • Give Coran A Legal Dexterity Score of 19
      • Move Boo into Minsc's pack
      • Allow Yeslick to use axes
      • Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge
    151. EET Tweaks - I use this for adjustments to XP gains, since I want to control the amount of killing XP due to the number of quest mods. I probably should adjust this a bit more, though keeping the XP caps helps keep things from getting too out of control.
      • XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking -> Disabled
      • XP for killing creatures -> Decrease to 75% (next time I'd probably reduce this to 50%, though I still have to play through BG2 so my opinion may change)
      • XP for quests -> Increase to 150%
      • Disable hostile reaction after charm
      • PnP spell scroll caster levels
      • Higher framerates support
      • Books/Scrolls categorization
      • Wand Case
      • Key Ring
    152. House Rules
      • House Tweaks: Expanded Racial Enemies
      • House Tweaks: Expanded Shapeshifting
      • House Tweaks: Rebalanced Weapon Styles
      • House Tweaks: Monk Can Use Quarterstaves
      • House Tweaks: Increased Constitution Bonuse
      • House Tweaks: Warrior HLAs
      • House Tweaks: Improved Dialogues (BG:EE)
      • House Tweaks: Good-Aligned Roleplay Rewards (BG2:EE)
      • House Tweaks: Cloak of Dragomir only decreases stats in daylight
      • House Tweaks: Race Text Patch
    153. EET End - This is the part where you finish off the EET install. Other mods get added on top of the EET install.
    154. Sword Coast Strategems - On the topic of tactical mods, pretty much everything by @DavidW slots into the difficulty system (revised and improved) and so far the other two people who are playing BG1 in my bookclub had never played the game before and aren't serious gamers, but are not having any problems. If a fight is too hard, then they just lower the difficulty. Raising the difficulty generally allows the enemies to make better use of their abilities in an intelligent way or may unlock additional abilities. In the original game, it mostly just applied a modifier to enemy or player statistics, which I've always found to be an unsatisfying approach.
      • Move or modify some overpowered magic items
      • Wider selection of random scrolls
      • Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D -> Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level)
      • Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage
      • Faster Bears
      • More realistic wolves and wild dogs
      • Increase the price of a license to practise magic in Athkatla -> License costs 30,000 gp - These two are to make the pacing of BG2 flow better in my opinion.
      • Increase the price asked by Gaelan Bayle -> Gaelan wants 80,000 gold pieces
      • Delay the arrival of the "bonus merchants" in the Adventurers' Mart and the Copper Coronet
      • Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast
      • Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)
      • Smarter general AI
      • Better calls for help
      • Smarter Mages
      • Smarter Priests
      • Potions for NPCs
      • Improved Spiders
      • Smarter sirines and dryads
      • Slightly smarter carrion crawlers
      • Smarter basilisks
      • Improved golems
      • Improved fiends and celestials
      • Smarter genies
      • Smarter dragons
      • Smarter beholders
      • Smarter mind flayers
      • Smarter githyanki
      • Improved Vampires
      • Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain
      • Smarter Illasera
      • Smarter Gromnir
      • Smarter Yaga-Shura
      • Smarter Abazigal
      • Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai use SCS abilities and AI
      • Ascension demons use SCS abilities and AI
      • Improved doppelgangers
      • Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards
      • Improved deployment for parties of assassins
      • Improved kobolds - This causes a lot of complaints. But I like it.
      • Relocated bounty hunters
      • Improved Ulcaster
      • Improved Balduran's Isle
      • Improved Durlag's Tower
      • Improved Demon Cultists
      • Improved Cloakwood Druids
      • Improved Bassilus
      • Improved Drasus party
      • Improved Red Wizards
      • Improved Undercity assassins
      • Tougher chapter-two end battle
      • Tougher chapter-three end battle
      • Tougher chapter-four end battle
      • Tougher chapter-five end battle
      • Improved final battle
      • Improved minor encounters
      • Make the starting dungeon slightly harder
      • Spellcasting Demiliches
      • Tie difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings to the difficulty slider
      • Improved Random Encounters
      • Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix")
      • Improved Unseeing Eye
      • Improved Bodhi
      • Ascension version of Bodhi uses Improved-Bodhi abilities
      • Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold
      • Improved Sahuagin
      • Improved Beholder hive
      • Rebalanced troll regeneration
      • Improved Drow
      • Improved Fiends
      • Improved Watcher's Keep
      • Improved Fire Giant temple
      • Improved Sendai's Enclave
      • Improved Abazigal's Lair
      • Improved Minor Encounters

edited December 2020
    @Caedwyr
    First thing first, a sincere thank you for the this, I can see this might have taken up a good chunk of your time to put together in a post and comment almost every single entry to explain why it's there and if it's optional/mandatory.

I'm going to read through this more in a bit but from my first read through, it seemed to have everything i wanted to implement and a bit more, which doesnt' hurt. I like the "more options" approach you used for the book club installation, because if everything goes smoothly with the installation, I want to replay the game multiple times without changing the set up too much if possible and this will help with content and replayability for sure.
    So far I have a few questions:

1) Reading the instructions for PI regarding EET installation in the post you linked, ALIEN says to stick with BG2 as the "game" to select while modding, and it just adds that if I have any mods to install before EET, to move them before EET core. Should I still install them separately with BG1 selected for the first section of your list, and when it's done move to BG2 starting with EET, or can i make a single installation list and the software will understand what needs to go where?

2) I noticed you put the mod "Ascension" which seems to modify the story to an extent, should I still include it in my list even though I have neve played BG2 vanilla before?

3) When Project Infinity asks me to select the path for the games, it has both an option to select BG2 EE and BG2 EE for EET: should i enter the same path for both options, or should i disregard one of them?

Again, thanks for the huge help, I'll start downloading the bunch of mods and orgnize them, and maybe install the first couple of mods 1 by 1 to familiriaze with PI , and if I come up with more questions I'll post here :smiley:
    @Lagonero as for 1) You can install them in a single installation, PI is smart enough to install all mods in correct order. Just remember to put all mods that needs to be installed on BG1 before EET Core. One exceptions is that you should install two mods on BG2 before everything else: BG2EE to SoD Item Upgrade and Awesome Soundsets.