Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    In the original games, if you recruited him past a certain experience threshold, he would come with a point already in longswords, but it was otherwise impossible to put the point there.

When the Enhanced Editions changed it so that you'd recruit them and they'd have the experience for you to level them, rather than already being pre-levelled, that obviously made this an impossibility, so they put that little workaround in so that the second pip in longswords would not be lost forever.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Or rather, you mean that the original version came with specialization in longswords already if recruited at high enough level. The creature files are still there, just not used in favor of the new joining XP triggers.
    HAER10 is the version you always get in the EE. 2 dots shortsword, 2 dots two-weapon, one each dagger and dart.
    HAER11 (level 11, 400K XP) has the same proficiencies as HAER10.
    HAER13 (level 13, 800K XP) adds proficiency in longswords, presumably from the level 12 point.
    HAER15 (level 15, 1200K XP) improves that longsword proficiency to specialization.
    HAER19 (level 15, 2500K XP) is the version you get in ToB, and still do if you recruit him from the Fate Spirit. Same proficiencies as HAER15.

The spell that applies the proficiency change even has a "BD" prefix - short for Beamdog, and used in various EE-only resources not tied to the new companions. Yep.
    Grond0
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    His level 19 has those nice resistances. How is that handled in the EEs?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited January 2021
    All of Haer'Dalis' tiefling resistances are there in the creature files. They're the same at all levels.
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrArvia
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ah, nice
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Did you know that not for all players BG2 is the be all of BG?
    I, for one, like both of them equally. I won't believe I am alone in this.
    Grond0Aerakar
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Did you know that not for all players BG2 is the be all of BG?
    I, for one, like both of them equally. I won't believe I am alone in this.

You're not. I actually prefer BG1.
    PokotaAerakarBelgarathMTH
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    That if you have a reputation of 20 when you enlist an evil character you don't need to worry about them leaving due to your high reputation UNLESS you lose reputation as it is only when your reputation increases that you have a problem.

They knew you were a stand-up guy going in.

Until you're not.

Now you're just another hypocrite...

Of course, if you enlist certain evil characters you automsatically lose reputation.

Losing reputation doesn't necessarily mean that you're a hypocrite. It just means that you have been confused or dominated, or that an item has made you go berserk like Brage. Of course the general populace would be unaware of that even if your god is aware.
    Balrog99Arvia
    edited February 2021
    And bats don't have glowing red eyes and spiders aren't insects. :D However when it comes to fantasy…
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    jmerry wrote: »
    Regarding this discussion, there's only one thing I can say:

96ff9xzli37a.jpg

Bats aren't bugs.

Calvin & Hobbes rule!
    Balrog99MERLANCEThacoBell
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Veterans might know that, but I, to my shame, haven't realized this until now:

Hold Monster can affect the "Person" type as well, if they get into the spell's AoE. Here is a screenshot showing the Nymph casting Hold Monster on Ziatar, and a Cultist Mage next to Ziatar getting Held because of the spell.
    pdoaa0b17glw.png

On a side note- Yes, that is a Cyberpunk 2077 party in BG. :)

back in the vanilla bg 2 days, hold monster use to hold anything, even undead

its still a good spell now, but was an absolute killer in vanilla
    Balrog99AerakarsemiticgoddessWise_Grimwald
  • LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    - More intruders have approached the bar, master.
    - Not "intruders", we call them "guests" here, how many times do I need to repeat that?! *grumblegrumble* Stupid old constructs...
    elminsterArviasarevok57ThacoBell