Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Skatan wrote: »
    shabadoo wrote: »
    Fightress??? ?

I find the dwarf being class Dwarf much more hilarious :D Those old school games being so humanocentric is quite entertaining.

I imagine a CHARNAME going to like copper coronet to recruit a team of adventurers and like;

Charname; OK guys, I need a well rounded party! I'm a Mage and have a wide variety of spells.
    Human 1; I'm a fightress! I can tank, attack hard and shield the rest of the party.
    Charname; Ok, good. You can join.
    Human 2; I'm a ranger, I can sneak, am great with bows but can also melee if needed.
    Charname; Great, we have need for these skills.
    Human 3; I'm a cleric. My diety grant me spells to heal your wounds and buff you for battles.
    Charname; Amazing, welcome to the team.
    Human 4: I'm a thief. I will disable traps, open locks and can sneak and backstab.
    Charname; perfect, we're getting a well rounded team now.
    Dwarf; I am a Dwarf. I can dwarf, dwarf and dwarf some more.
    Charname; SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

I didn't know dwarves and smurfs were related.
    Arvia
  • m7600m7600 Member Posts: 318
    mlnevese wrote: »

What do you mean?
    m7600 wrote: »

What do you mean?

i am a Smurf I''ll just smurf the smurfing thing :)

i am a Smurf I''ll just smurf the smurfing thing :)

I don't get it : (
    I don't know much about smurfs. Oh well, nevermind.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Smurfs had a propensity for using "smurf" in place of most any other word. It's the smurfiest thing to smurf.
    m7600mlnevese
    And shouldn't it be clericess? Clericless doesn't sound especially useful.
    m7600mlnevese
    shabadoo wrote: »
    And shouldn't it be clericess? Clericless doesn't sound especially useful.

Technically, yes. As far as made up words go, at least. But the pronunciation of "clericess" is weird, the second "c" could be pronounced as an "s". So, it's Clericless for now : )
    Balrog99shabadoo
    ... Or a cleric that's not so dang preachy. "Stop drinking that!" and "Put those back." Who needs it, I says.
    m7600
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Arvia wrote: »
    Today is International Hug Day!

No distance required since we're in the virtual world, so collect a free hug... careful with my armor, though!

g66fkz3oebjw.gif
    ArviaStummvonBordwehrmlneveseMichelle
    17vnub5rxhnm.jpg
    MichelleSon_of_ImoenArviaStummvonBordwehr
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549

No distance required since we're in the virtual world, so collect a free hug... careful with my armor, though!

@Arvia, this one's especially for you: https://www.vdio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/International-hugs-day-January-21.png

Aaaaawwwww! So cute!
    I like Eeyore, although Tigger is my favorite.

Like a mix between Pete and me. :) He was Eeyore, always looking at the worst of any situation. Me always looking at the possibilities.
    But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is
    I'm the only one!

Ghost hug. (FYI, can’t get COVID from a ghost hug) Just saying.
    Son_of_ImoenArviaStummvonBordwehr
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

@Arvia, this one's especially for you: https://www.vdio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/International-hugs-day-January-21.png

Aaaaawwwww! So cute!
    I like Eeyore, although Tigger is my favorite.

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun...
    Because the most wonderful thing about Tigger is I'm the only one!
    Son_of_ImoenArviaStummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I cleaned up the bathroom! I still haven't gotten the tub yet because I would have run out of paper towels and was pretty physically drained already, but it's super clean now. It feels nice.
    MichelleArvia
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    I cleaned up the bathroom! I still haven't gotten the tub yet because I would have run out of paper towels and was pretty physically drained already, but it's super clean now. It feels nice.

Cleaning is my go to when I am anxious, agitated or angry. When I am angry I have to clean something.
    semiticgoddess
    Yesterday I installed Wine 6.0 on Ubuntu Bionic Beaver. And for what... the emulator just crashed every time I tried to play a game. After trying to fix it, I just gave up and went back to the previous version, Wine 5.0. Everything works now, and I'm glad that I didn't have to reinstall the games.
    Arvia
    I just spent a long time with Lily watching Sunny and the cringy nightmare that is the Chris Chan documentary. She's doing her online tutoring soon and I'm super proud of her. I can't wait to see her become a nurse. :heart:
    Michellesarevok57StummvonBordwehrmlnevese
    So my girlfriend is doing a chemistry lab tonight, and because it's an online Zoom class, she has to do the experiments at home with a little kit the school mailed her.
    Now, the first lab I remembered seeing her do was just simple stuff, measuring out water. The next one was more exciting, about lighting stuff on fire. So I said that if the first one was water and the second one was fire, the next one must be earth or air!
    She gets the stuff from her box and shows me what they're working with.
    "We're using balloons."
    sarevok57StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovMichelle
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Been lazy and restless lately, with the bad weather, swimming pools still closed due to lockdown, tired from work and all that... today I finally forced myself to run 5km after work. No idea if I can make it a habit, but for now I'm super proud of myself for getting my lazy bum off the couch (and will continue to play Mass Effect 3 before bed without a bad conscience because I earned it!)

holy smokes, you can just get up and decide to run 5k? i couldn't even fathom doing that, last time i run just 400m i STRUGGLED to do it in less than 2 minutes, and my out of shape, a little bit over weight friend was able to do it under 2 minutes first try hahaha

ah, to be a thrower instead of a runner, good times.
    ArviamlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    Been lazy and restless lately, with the bad weather, swimming pools still closed due to lockdown, tired from work and all that... today I finally forced myself to run 5km after work. No idea if I can make it a habit, but for now I'm super proud of myself for getting my lazy bum off the couch (and will continue to play Mass Effect 3 before bed without a bad conscience because I earned it!)

holy smokes, you can just get up and decide to run 5k? i couldn't even fathom doing that, last time i run just 400m i STRUGGLED to do it in less than 2 minutes, and my out of shape, a little bit over weight friend was able to do it under 2 minutes first try hahaha

Running is a lot easier than throwing stuff. I can't throw a ball much farther than a 10 year old and would probably stab myself in the foot with a javelin.
    mlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Running is a lot easier than throwing stuff. I can't throw a ball much farther than a 10 year old and would probably stab myself in the foot with a javelin.

well to be honest, javelin is one tricky beast of an implement to throw, if you dont know how to throw it properly it probably wont go pass 20 meters and you will blow out a rotator along with it
    mlneveseArviashabadooJuliusBorisov