Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Is there a preferred method/software for cleaning up sound files? Removing sounds floors, channel isolation on surround sound tracks, and even cocktail problem algorithms for multichannel sound? I'm looking for good ways to extract the voice from the rest of the sound in a track.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    See my sound pack here. Free to use, if it pleases. Some ASSembly required. :smiley:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1063874
    elminster
  • twifoxtwifox Member Posts: 21
    So i was wondering if people could make a drag-and-drop install for a bunch of female based voice sets for the game can't seem to find any files that are drag and drop install. Bonus points for any cute naive anime mischievous voice types
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @twifox Have you tried Wynne's Innocent voice pack? Not anime, but pretty cute and naive, with a little bit of mischief mixed in.

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=131&Itemid=91

Right column, near the bottom. Just extract to "<My Documents>\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\sounds" (or the matching folders for whichever game you're playing). Make sure it doesn't create a subfolder in the sounds folder.
    JuliusBorisov
  • twifoxtwifox Member Posts: 21
    @thels thank you have tried the pack it's not exactly what I'm looking for but I do like it.
    Also where would I go on this forum to ask questions about the game
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @twifox Just choose an appropriate category on the left, and post your questions!
    lolien
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    There're custom soundsets available to be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0rukwjdkBOZWmo2R3djTXNiWG8&authuser=0, made by Compatibilist from reddit.com

"3 soundsets made from the voices of the diablo 1 character classes: the sorcerer, the rogue and the warrior. The package also contains all the BG2 soundsets renamed for BGEE and IWDEE so they don't override the existing ones."

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/38j7gq/custom_soundsets_for_bg2_bgee_and_iwdee/

any advice on how to install these?
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    nevermind figured it out
    JuliusBorisov
  • EldathEldath Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    None of the download links from the original post seem to work anymore.
    I'm looking for the Baldurs gate 1 NPC soundsets because I would love to playthrough the game as Garrick.
    Also, I can't seem to be able to download anything from sorcerers.net anymore.
    Any helpful tips and ideas?
  • gonadgoblingonadgoblin Member Posts: 3
    Hey a lot of these soundsets don't seem to work any more :( they have a lot of silent lines. is this because of a new update?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Very late to the party... I finally installed SOD that I bought long ago. Woe is me!

So, I've read through this whole list of messages. Apparently if you install SOD, then none of the custom soundsets work. It looks like @Swifty_Magee got his soundset mod to work, but (while it works perfectly) none of the sounds there are the ones I'd like to use.

I saw another post here, which indicated an override file placement of CHARSND.2da would allow sound mods to work with SOD, but that also doesn't seem to work with the Awesome Sounds Mod found here. That post is below.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee/p9

@JuliusBorisov am I missing something obvious from the above post (based on your posted success) to get the IWD / IWD2 sounds to work from this mod - to your knowledge? I've ended up disabling the SOD install and redoing all my mods to go back to where I was.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Not sure - I have IWD soundsets working on my version of BG:EE+SoD.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I'm also using that override file to install IWD soundsets and they're working perfectly.
    JuliusBorisov
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited November 2019
    Ludwig_II wrote: »
    I'm also using that override file to install IWD soundsets and they're working perfectly.

I see. Which IWD soundset did you utilize? Is it IWD + IWD2 from The Awesome Soundsets Mod, or somewhere else? If you don't mind including the steps you employed, I would very much appreciate it.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Yes it is that one. I haven't done anything special to be honest. I have done modmerge. Installed a couple of other mods. Then copied that CHARSND.2da file into my override folder, and afterwards installed IWD Soundsets from Awesome Soundsets mod easily. Have you done modmerge? Maybe you're missing that step.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Thank you for the shell. Does it still work in latest versions?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Is siege of Dragonspear supported now with DLC Merge?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    So, I'm looking for a good soundets pack for my upcoming EET run. I would love to install Awesome Soundest vol2. Will it work on EET or am I doomed?
    I hope you'll share about your mega playthrough on this forum. As for the EET, - not sure as for BG:EE+SoD I had to use the fix from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73279/a-solution-for-the-sound-mods-in-siege-of-dragonspear - it requires a manual fix.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I hope you'll share about your mega playthrough on this forum. As for the EET, - not sure as for BG:EE+SoD I had to use the fix from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/73279/a-solution-for-the-sound-mods-in-siege-of-dragonspear - it requires a manual fix.

Thanks for the fix! Not sure if this would work, as I understand it's intended for SoD game, but EET is technically run via BG2EET. Has anyone tried to run this mod with aforementioned fix on EET install?

@JuliusBorisov I'm not planning to document my run in detail like it's done by other members, I don't have patience for that, but I can definitely share my experience and describe interesting aspects of this run. Believe it or not this will be the first time when I intend to finish BG2EE. I betatested it, I translated and proofread it, but I never finished it :p Not to mention SoD. So, this will be like a virgin run for me :D I'm hyped.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AtherakhiaAtherakhia Member Posts: 22
    FYI @smeagolheart These work fine on EET if you install them on BG2EE prior to EET:0:EET core. They don;t work for me if install after that.
    smeagolheart
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    edited September 2020
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h820aios1ae4vu/s9SoundsetsV2-EET.7z?dl=0

I just modified and tested this version of the Icewind Dale soundset installer, it should be compatible with EET now.

Edit: I just tested it on a BGEE - SOD DLCmerged installation and it installed fine here as well.

Edit 2: Appears to be backwards compatibility with BG2:EE and doesn't break compatibility with other soundset mods that alter CHARSND.2da
    Post edited by JediMindTrix on
    Permidion_Starksmeagolhearttl1942Gusinda
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    @JediMindTrix Thank you!!

The IWD soundset is essential for me. Just finished my first ever BG1/SOD/BG2 playthrough, and I'm now starting from scratch with EET, and this is perfect. :)
  • WresWres Member Posts: 7
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h820aios1ae4vu/s9SoundsetsV2-EET.7z?dl=0

I just modified and tested this version of the Icewind Dale soundset installer, it should be compatible with EET now.

Edit: I just tested it on a BGEE - SOD DLCmerged installation and it installed fine here as well.

Edit 2: Appears to be backwards compatibility with BG2:EE and doesn't break compatibility with other soundset mods that alter CHARSND.2da

Would you mind explaining what you changed to get it to work on EET? I'm trying to convert some soundsets of mine.

I compared the .tpa's in your new version to that of the original and the only difference seems to be some new lines with '-1'? What does that do exactly?
  • HappyFunRunHappyFunRun Member Posts: 25
    The new patch seems to have screwed up my Awesome Soundset 2. It's a shame, I can't really play the game without my M_Fighter 5 sound anymore. :/
    smeagolheart
  • BarbachBarbach Member Posts: 1
    Any chance we can get soundsets in other languages ?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    @Barbach @smeagolheart has already acknowledged (s)he's retired from modding.

TBH when that post was written, I was already (and still is) working on voiceset mods for 2.6, mostly as spiritual successors of these ones at this point. With all that said though, I don't intend to create non-English voiceset mods, simply because I'm a Hungarian who does not know other languages well enough besides English and HU to ensure that the translations and the voices remain accurate and befitting (this technically means I could create Hungarian sets but AFAIK there isn't a Hungarian translation of the IE games, let alone a dub and I have very, very bad memories of an objectively fair fandub of Warcraft 3 on Hungarian). I can and sure would help out others trying to do voicesets on their native language though but I won't do such for sure.
    JuliusBorisovBarbach
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited August 2021
    Do these work on a fresh install of 2.6.6 for EET?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw above post!
    edited September 2021
    Wres wrote: »
    Would you mind explaining what you changed to get it to work on EET? I'm trying to convert some soundsets of mine.

I compared the .tpa's in your new version to that of the original and the only difference seems to be some new lines with '-1'? What does that do exactly?

My bad, I have a habit of logging in only once or twice a year. iirc those numerical changes helped weidu identify what kind of installation to expect, which was what was breaking the install before. Based off the weidu error I am receiving now, patch 2.6 added a bunch of extra possible lines to character soundsets. Weidu expects only 42 possible lines, but there are now 102. Or something.
    Wres
    edited September 2021
    The new patch seems to have screwed up my Awesome Soundset 2. It's a shame, I can't really play the game without my M_Fighter 5 sound anymore. :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hjto7xxwbv38ww/CHARSND.2DA?dl=0

Download this file, drop it into your override folder, then run the installation.

I deleted all the extra lines added by patch 2.6. I have no idea what effect that'll have though