Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• ValafeinValafein Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for the answer, I already have BG EE e BG2 EE for Mac Intel, but I love so much these games (and i want to buy SOD too) that I want them for Apple Silicon too when change my 2011 IMac. No problem if I have to buy them again.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Kharador wrote: »
    So... 2 years later there's no release date for 2.6 patch?
    We will probably test it during the next patch (2.7 or whatever it's called)

Juicy bit of information there ;)

There may still be hope for the Catmull-Rom filter to make comeback after all.
    Allanon81
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    @JuliusBorisov I have Beamdog version, no chance to play the beta.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I know it's not ideal, but you can reach out to our support and ask for a Steam key. :wink:https://beamdog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
  • TitanarrowTitanarrow Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2021
    I have a question regarding future projects. I see that for the moment the games that you guys remaster are all mostly from D&D and variants (except for axis and allies). I was thinking about great titles of games that i played in my younger years that are really nice experience about storytelling and good action gameplay. I was thinking maybe you guys could buy the liscences to these series and remake, remaster them to a more current form.

The breath of fire serie from Capcom; Starting with breath of fire 1 and breath of fire 2 were the big titles and were really good for their time. A good remake/remaster of such great rpgs would be really nice.

Paladin quest; Another game that understood that great music score makes great games. With a good remaster and a orchestral soundtrack this would be quite epic. The gameplay and mechanics are quite up to par with how current games can be regarding thing like how your spells become stronger as you use them and the multi-character big rooster mercenary type that adds to the base characters.

These are gems that could be looked into.

Just putting this here, all 3 games have great stories, music and feel of epicness of great games while not being the most costly licences to put your hands on. Maybe starting a new rpg remake/remaster line could benefit Beamdog? There is so much potential and *so many* peoples that are ready to send you their money.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    While the door on remasters hasn't been totally shut, currently Beamdog is working on a new game, its own IP. No details have been shared yet.
    jasteyStummvonBordwehranastiel
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    What is the resolution for consoles port of BG1/2 ?
    1080p, or 4k? If the first one, does the Beamdog plan to publish the upgrade to 4k on at least PS5/Xbox Series ?
  • SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    edited April 2021
    Dudzio wrote: »
    What is the resolution for consoles port of BG1/2 ?
    1080p, or 4k? If the first one, does the Beamdog plan to publish the upgrade to 4k on at least PS5/Xbox Series ?

IIRC BG2 engine was designed for 800 x 600 resolution and playing in higher or even widescreen doesn't change much because the linge of sight and fog of war will tunnel your vision. You can zoom in but all maps are predendered 2D backgrounds so the more you zoom the worse quality of an image. It's not the game wher higher resolution make a difference. On PC game will use desktop resolution don't know about PS5/XSX but 4k is overkill.
    But user interface with 4k support would be nice.
    BelegCuthalion
    The games use the original art assets, which were not built in HD/4K. However, all the games can be run on HD/4K (Xbox OneX and PS4 Pro are the only platforms that offer this).

Source.
    anastiel
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    A honest question. Would be hard to make Infinity engine moddable and easy to create player own content like the Aurora engine?
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    So now that 2.6 is done and released, we can move on to asking about when Beamdog will start sharing info on their new game? :smile:
    MERLANCE
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    edited April 2021
    Any news on IWD:EE 2.6 iOS access to folders? sounds,portraits,override?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2021
    A honest question. Would be hard to make Infinity engine moddable and easy to create player own content like the Aurora engine?

If you mean like a toolset no clue. But the video tutorials I made at least make it way easier to approach it than it used to be.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/80595/my-mod-creation-videos-for-bgee/p1
    JuliusBorisovsuyTimbo0o0o0Arvia
    suy wrote: »
    Thanks for the 2.6 release!

About this release, a question/plea: seems that Windows version does no longer have a PDB file besides the game EXE, and that Linux binaries have function names stripped, when previous versions had them. Given that the game is DRM free, single player and fairly mature and established, I've always understood that Beamdog has no issue making those easily available. Quite the contrary, because can be helpful for users to report crashes to you (I'm a developer myself, and I've done so in many projects).

Thanks for your request. We are looking into a way to share these debug files with the community in the near future.
    suyBubbswit
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Thanks for the 2.6 release!

About this release, a question/plea: seems that Windows version does no longer have a PDB file besides the game EXE, and that Linux binaries have function names stripped, when previous versions had them. Given that the game is DRM free, single player and fairly mature and established, I've always understood that Beamdog has no issue making those easily available. Quite the contrary, because can be helpful for users to report crashes to you (I'm a developer myself, and I've done so in many projects).

Thanks for your request. We are looking into a way to share these debug files with the community in the near future.

Also, as I undersrood this makes further development of EEex impossible, which would be a great blow to the modding community (there are already couple of great mods that rely on EEex features).
    Prince_Raymond
  • suysuy Member Posts: 30

That would be awesome. :smile: I think that we surely can agree on some terms if you need to add some conditions. Let me know if I can do something to clarify the interest on having the debug data. I've seen Bubb do very cool stuff with them. Besides extending the engine the way that we all know via EEex, just helping out people online, figuring out the reason of a crash by understanding the backtrace was quite helpful, IMHO. I'll make public my small scripts very soon, I hope you'll like them as well.
    BelegCuthalionPrince_Raymond
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    edited April 2021
    While the door on remasters hasn't been totally shut, currently Beamdog is working on a new game, its own IP. No details have been shared yet.

For the next remaster, Eye of the Beholder EE? :)

Legend of Grimrock games were amazing but then the dungeon crawlers disappeared again. 5e should have one!

Actually, forget the EE and just make EotB 4.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    For the next remaster, Eye of the Beholder EE? :)

Legend of Grimrock games were amazing but then the dungeon crawlers disappeared again. 5e should have one!

Actually, forget the EE and just make EotB 4.

I'd rather see EEs of other isometric RPGs instead. ;)

ATigersClaw
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    How often has "port the old Dark Sun games to Infinity Engine" been suggested?
    suySorrowSeer
    Do you plan to implement gamepad support (from consoles ports) to PC/Android versions of games?
    anastielVerthiss
  • ZandosZandos Member Posts: 12
    Is dark dreams of furiae coming to switch?

That would be awesome. :smile: I think that we surely can agree on some terms if you need to add some conditions. Let me know if I can do something to clarify the interest on having the debug data. I've seen Bubb do very cool stuff with them. Besides extending the engine the way that we all know via EEex, just helping out people online, figuring out the reason of a crash by understanding the backtrace was quite helpful, IMHO. I'll make public my small scripts very soon, I hope you'll like them as well.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/82203/win64-debug-files
    bleusteelBubbhook71
  • ValafeinValafein Member Posts: 19
    Any news about Baldur's gate collection on M1 Mac or patch 2.6 on App Store? Thanks
  • DarnokDarnok Member Posts: 4
    Icewind dale enhanced edition

Gra pozostawia wiele do życzenia.
    1.Dlaczego szaman czasem nie przyzywa duchów i pokazuje się wciąż że zaczęto szamański taniec? Przyczyną tego powinna być opisana w opisie podklasy do tej zdolności.
    2. Dlaczego po ostatniej aktualizacji w kwietniu tego roku doszły nowe głosy po angielsku? Głupio tak jak nie ma po polsku tylko tych kilku głosów.
    3. Warto by dodać coś do grania po przejściu singla. Bo tylko można grać jeszcze raz w fabułę. COKOLWIEK! Bo polepszyliście w zasadzie tylko ten single i nic od siebie. W sensie dodajcie jakieś wyzwania albo grę przeciwko inyum graczom online. To by było super!
    Pozdrawiam :
    Jeden z największych ekspertów icewind dale
    Hafir
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Darnok wrote: »
    Icewind dale enhanced edition

Gra pozostawia wiele do życzenia.
    1.Dlaczego szaman czasem nie przyzywa duchów i pokazuje się wciąż że zaczęto szamański taniec? Przyczyną tego powinna być opisana w opisie podklasy do tej zdolności.
    2. Dlaczego po ostatniej aktualizacji w kwietniu tego roku doszły nowe głosy po angielsku? Głupio tak jak nie ma po polsku tylko tych kilku głosów.
    3. Warto by dodać coś do grania po przejściu singla. Bo tylko można grać jeszcze raz w fabułę. COKOLWIEK! Bo polepszyliście w zasadzie tylko ten single i nic od siebie. W sensie dodajcie jakieś wyzwania albo grę przeciwko inyum graczom online. To by było super!
    Pozdrawiam :
    Jeden z największych ekspertów icewind dale

Hi @Darnok you would get better chance for getting an answer here, if you wrote in English. Even if I'm no developer, I'll try to answer the best I can.

1. Are you able to write step by step what are you trying to do with your shaman and which result you are expecting? It's possible that you are experiencing intended behavior, but we need to understand it better in case if there is a bug to be reproduced. The way shamanic dance works is tha each round there is a chance of summonig a spirit, it doesn't summon them automatically. The chance of summoning a spirit increase with your level in Shaman class (up to 75% on level 20). So it's perfectly normal that your shaman can spend couple of round until he will be able to summon a spirit.
    2. The latest patch introduced a new voicesets recorded by Beamdog developers. Unfortunately Polish translation is text-only and we have no means to record any of new voiceovers added in EEs.
    3. As for experiencing the game after finishing it once, you have couple of options. First is to organize a group of friends and try a multiplayer game, you could find it fun and engaging to play with others. Second option is to install one (or more) of countless fantastic mods that community shared during the last 20 years. Most of the mods are compatible with EEs, so there is a plethora of options for you to choose from.
    JuliusBorisovEtaminSkatanDerpCity
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    @JuliusBorisov Wasn't sure where to ask the question, hopefully, this thread will do :)
    Do you have any news regarding the "beta" state of the french translation for BG2EE?
    Is there some sort of contractual obligation regarding "quality" with the translation company and they are going to redo some of their stuff? Or is it now purely in the end of the community and volunteers?
    More broadly, is it being worked on at all?
    Volunteer translators are helping with that and of course, they would appreciate more people willing to contribute/correct something.

Please send a message to contact our localization coordinator at localization@beamdog.com as explained here if you're willing to join them.