Skip to content

Patch 2.6 Launches Today!

Comments

• BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Just fired up 2.6 Icewind Dale. Has anyone noticed that an annoying "double click" sound when closing a window, such as when look at the details of an item? Driving me nuts.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Hi! First of all, thanks for all your work on the game and on this huge patch. Nevertheless, I wasn't able to enjoy it. I tried to play Baldur's Gate 2 today with my friend (he is on Steam, I'm on GoG), but every single time we tried to save the game on multiplayer, it crashed. We used to have random crashes before the patch every 20 minutes or so during any kind of event, but this time, saving was completely impossible. Is this some known bug of the new patch? If so, will there be a hotfix? If not, what can we do to be able to play again?

Hello! Have both of you updated to 2.6? MP will crash if attempting to connect between 2.5 and 2.6. Also, do you both have the same setup? Eg. you could have mods installed, then one player had their game updated, which broke that setup.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    I'm liking lots of these changes. Is this list of fixes exhaustive? I'm not seeing the fix for the cleric/thief bug.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    I'm liking lots of these changes. Is this list of fixes exhaustive? I'm not seeing the fix for the cleric/thief bug.

Which bug? The list should be exhaustive.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Typos and the like - we use the latest version of strings on the Translation site, for the date the build is being created.

I should probably clarify my question :) Is anybody actively maintaining the English text on the translator site, and correcting—among other things—the typos reported in this thread?

I'm asking because I still report typos there from time to time but if the thread isn't monitored, there is no point in doing so.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42

Which bug? The list should be exhaustive.

After acquiring a large number of innate abilities, cleric/thieves lose access to one of their innate abilities, until they spend another. The thieving button inside seems to mess with things.

• AvengerNX09AvengerNX09 Member Posts: 10
    Not tomorrow. We still need to arrange a beta of mobile builds. Bear with us regarding the mobile versions.

The update is coming to GOG hopefully today (it was night for GOG when the release happened).

We haven't announced any patches for PST:EE but we hear you.

Typos and the like - we use the latest version of strings on the Translation site, for the date the build is being created.

Will it be possible to take part in TestFlight beta builds of 2.6 on iOS?
    Not tomorrow. We still need to arrange a beta of mobile builds. Bear with us regarding the mobile versions.

The update is coming to GOG hopefully today (it was night for GOG when the release happened).

We haven't announced any patches for PST:EE but we hear you.

Will it be possible to take part in TestFlight beta builds of 2.6 on iOS?

We'll post the sign-up form when we're ready.
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    Is there any chance to add translations for the console in a short time?
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    kokarol91 wrote: »
    Is there any chance to add translations for the console in a short time?

Similarly, I'm curious about any plan to patch the console versions. I've been thinking of waiting for an upcoming patch before another console playthrough.
    Baptor wrote: »
    Just fired up 2.6 Icewind Dale. Has anyone noticed that an annoying "double click" sound when closing a window, such as when look at the details of an item? Driving me nuts.

I've been testing it and it seems the problem is that it makes the "on click" noise when you click done and then again when the window closes, making this "click-click" sound that I am sure is not intended and very annoying. You can test this yourself by clicking "done" and holding it for a second then letting it go. It's two different click noises. I imagine this can't be that hard to fix, but who knows?
  • InvasorDePastosInvasorDePastos Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2021
    Hi! First of all, thanks for all your work on the game and on this huge patch. Nevertheless, I wasn't able to enjoy it. I tried to play Baldur's Gate 2 today with my friend (he is on Steam, I'm on GoG), but every single time we tried to save the game on multiplayer, it crashed. We used to have random crashes before the patch every 20 minutes or so during any kind of event, but this time, saving was completely impossible. Is this some known bug of the new patch? If so, will there be a hotfix? If not, what can we do to be able to play again?

Hello! Have both of you updated to 2.6? MP will crash if attempting to connect between 2.5 and 2.6. Also, do you both have the same setup? Eg. you could have mods installed, then one player had their game updated, which broke that setup.

Yes, we both updated to 2.6. We both have the same setup without any mods installed, the only difference is that he's on Steam and I'm on GoG. We had been playing the previous weeks already before the patch. I'm the host and I almost never crashed before, but my friend usually did randomly. Now, with this patch, we both crash when I try to save the game.

Edit: Just created a multiplayer session with only me to test, and had the same issue. Can't save, it crashes.
    Edit2: Tried it on single player now, and the same thing happened.
    Edi3: I' ve trying many combinations and managed to get some working saves when creating new save files. If I try to overwrite one of them, then I get a crash. Quick Saves, overwriting or not are compeltely unreliable and sometimes don't crash but mostly yes
    Post edited by InvasorDePastos on
  • AsaBMAsaBM Member Posts: 84
    Will this affect mods? I'd be surprised if I don't need to reinstall everything, considering 2.6 appears to change the game pretty significantly.

I've been testing it and it seems the problem is that it makes the "on click" noise when you click done and then again when the window closes, making this "click-click" sound that I am sure is not intended and very annoying. You can test this yourself by clicking "done" and holding it for a second then letting it go. It's two different click noises. I imagine this can't be that hard to fix, but who knows?

It's in Baldur's Gate 2 EE as well. When you add or remove memorized spells it now makes a double-click. *sigh*
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    AsaBM wrote: »
    Will this affect mods? I'd be surprised if I don't need to reinstall everything, considering 2.6 appears to change the game pretty significantly.

@AsaBM applying the update to the game will wipe any installed mods. Afterwards, you will need to install everything anew as well as start a new game. You can't use old savegames in a newly modded (plus updated) game.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2021
    @InvasorDePastos
    If you consequently crash when trying to save a game, it sounds like antivirus is blocking the game from writing the save into your Documents/BG-folder. I had the same issue some time ago. Might be worthwhile to check your antivirus for permissions.
  • denisdpsdenisdps Member Posts: 2
    Hi all, when is it actually launching to the Mac App Store? I have not seen any update pop-up over there. I am assuming this is still pending Apple verification but would you have more details?
  • fewerlawsfewerlaws Member Posts: 23

Yes, and it is driving me nuts too!
    denisdps wrote: »
    Hi all, when is it actually launching to the Mac App Store? I have not seen any update pop-up over there. I am assuming this is still pending Apple verification but would you have more details?

We're working on it. Will let you know when we have the info.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    I’ve got a feeling IWD:EE iOS is still going to lock us out of folders. Not sure about the others. Thanks Apple.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2021
    Allanon81 wrote: »
    I’ve got a feeling IWD:EE iOS is still going to lock us out of folders. Not sure about the others. Thanks Apple.

That's not the case for NWNEE, so it does sound possible...
  • InvasorDePastosInvasorDePastos Member Posts: 25
    @InvasorDePastos
    If you consequently crash when trying to save a game, it sounds like antivirus is blocking the game from writing the save into your Documents/BG-folder. I had the same issue some time ago. Might be worthwhile to check your antivirus for permissions.

Just tried excluding it on the antivirus, also disabling real time protection, and even went as far as uninstalling the antivirus. Didn't get any better results in any of those scenarios. What else can I do? No one else is having this issue?
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 330
    @_Luke_ Yeah well that’s NWN. Seems like every game has to go through meetings, conferences, water cooler talk, e-mails, diagrams, chalk-board sketches just to get security confirmations. I know Edwin I know. ?
    @InvasorDePastos

Just tried excluding it on the antivirus, also disabling real time protection, and even went as far as uninstalling the antivirus. Didn't get any better results in any of those scenarios. What else can I do? No one else is having this issue?

Please reach out to our support at support.beamdog.com - this needs more troubleshooting help than forum comments can provide.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    It looks like the sound that plays when you click the "Done" button changed in BG1:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE from a "deep" sound in 2.5 to a "high pitched" sound in 2.6. This is an intended change.

However, unique in IWD:EE, there is a sound for when the "Done" button is pressed and a sound when the "Done" button is released.
    I haven't gotten to IWDEE yet, but in BGSoD, the "click" sound (GAM_09.WAV) plays whenever you click on a "button" or "list" element.
    It's not a bad idea (better feedback, in v2.5 no sound plays when clicking on lists), but there needs to be a way to either suppress or override which sound plays on a per-element basis.

For instance, in then Mage/Priest screens, clicking on a spell icon to memorize or unmemorize plays both the "click" sound (GAM_09.WAV) and the "memorize" (GAM_24.WAV) sound.

As a separate issue (still BGSoD), in the inventory item details screen, the first time you click the "Done" button, it plays the deep sound (GAM_04.wav), even if this doesn't close the window (such as using a right-click, or holding it down then releasing outside of the button). Any further clicking of the "Done" button goes back to playing the standard "click" sound, until you close that item details window.
    kjeron wrote: »
    It looks like the sound that plays when you click the "Done" button changed in BG1:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE from a "deep" sound in 2.5 to a "high pitched" sound in 2.6. This is an intended change.

However, unique in IWD:EE, there is a sound for when the "Done" button is pressed and a sound when the "Done" button is released.
    I haven't gotten to IWDEE yet, but in BGSoD, the "click" sound (GAM_09.WAV) plays whenever you click on a "button" or "list" element.
    It's not a bad idea (better feedback, in v2.5 no sound plays when clicking on lists), but there needs to be a way to either suppress or override which sound plays on a per-element basis.

For instance, in then Mage/Priest screens, clicking on a spell icon to memorize or unmemorize plays both the "click" sound (GAM_09.WAV) and the "memorize" (GAM_24.WAV) sound.

As a separate issue (still BGSoD), in the inventory item details screen, the first time you click the "Done" button, it plays the deep sound (GAM_04.wav), even if this doesn't close the window (such as using a right-click, or holding it down then releasing outside of the button). Any further clicking of the "Done" button goes back to playing the standard "click" sound, until you close that item details window.

This is true of BG1 and BG2 as well. Thanks for isolating the sound files!
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    Has the bug with Jaheira missing his bio on SoD been fixed? I don't see it either on the fixed issues nor on the known bugs.

The issue happens when the BIO is updated from the BG one to the SoD version, it uses an empty string instead of the correct one.

In IWD:EE 2.5, the press sound was the "high" sound and the release was the "deep" sound. This blended together nicely.

In IWD:EE 2.6, it is the "deep" sound for both the press and release. Because it is the same sound, it does not blend nicely and does sound like a "double-click" noise. This is a bug and we'll work to fix it.

If you guys fix this and the one we mentioned that it's in the BG series spellbook you'll be my hero.