Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Ah, right, it's been a while for me, so let's see if I can remember :smiley:

In game, open the console with the ~ key
    type DebugMode 1
    type dm_setvarint criosa_love 0 (and click your character)
    type DebugMode 0

That should do it :smile:
  • Meg9P75Meg9P75 Member Posts: 20
    The command is dm_setvariant?
    no, look closer, its setvarint not setvariant :smile:
    Doesn’t seem to work… I enter in debug mode but when I write the command and press Enter it’s just my character talking

You're not in the console mode then. You need to type that stuff into the console after switching to it with the ~ button, and you'll see the little cursor arrow in the top left of the screen.
    Ok… I think I did it, but… nothing
    It is the little bridge just at the beginning of the highway, right?
    Yes but the area covered by the trigger is bigger than the bridge and runs from one side of the map to another. Go right to the north edge of the map to make sure you're off the area completely, then move across the bridge and that should do it.
    And it crashed…
    I tried to recharge and do it again but now the system says “DM command not allowed”
    Tried again, this time the command went in (I think, I had no message from the system), but still no trigger
    I quit…
    Sorry, I don't know what's wrong there. Thanks for trying
    I had a thought. Is that the first romance trigger? For Criosa, it’s the second one. So is it the second one for Robert too?
    When I triggered the first conversation with Robert at the Culdeny bridge, there was no “romance” option and it felt strange, because the first conversation with Criosa in the Valley of Silence had a “romance” option. Did I take the wrong conversation turns the first time, perhaps?
    No that conversation with Robert doesn't have any influence on the romance. Sometimes when the scripts trigger a conversation, if you're moving at the time it can just stop it before it starts, it's not 100% guaranteed to work properly I found. Perhaps that is the problem.
    Well... either I start the module anew, or I use debug mode to insert the romance? Should I type robert_love 1?
    Yes using the console to add "rob_love 1" will switch him on for the conversation in the Cairnwood forest, just after you enter it :smile:
    Ok, that worked. Next time I play from the beginning I will be more careful to find the bug. Now I’m just happy I can go on with this romance. Thank you. 🙂
    Good tomhear! You didn't miss a lot in that first conversation. Enjoy!
  • BenjiBenji Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2022
    Hello,

I am new here and I'm playing a druid/shifter build in this mod but I ran into a problem where my spells won't work when I'm wearing anything higher than light armor. Is this a known bug? Or is it by design? Thanks.
    edited September 2022
    I played a druid on my first go too… and I found that this series implements the rule “druids can’t cast spells in metal armor” 😂 Don’t worry, you will find an Ironwood breastplate later in the game!
  • PhantasmalPhantasmal Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2023
    Right, hello.
    I am playing Act II of Aielund Saga and I have a problem (because of course I do). See, I delivered the giant's head to dwarf king, but he does not give me the quest to investigate the missing people. In fact, the game simply refuses to acknowledge the fact I even met him, stating that "I'd like to go in and meet the king at some point." When I go to speak with him again I just get the "lookink around" dialogue.
    Also, when I go to report to the duke about the Feybourne city, instead of any progress, I get invited to talk to the knight guy, who is no longer there.
    Sorry for digging this thread up, I just want to play the mod fully and not miss any of it.
    It's possible there's a tiny loophole in the scripting (not my finest work) that messes it up, but I wouldn't rule out that old Intel CPU compatibility issue either. In any case, I'll take a look.

Okay looks like it's looking for you to be on the quest for the sceptre of transcendence before you can go on with it. So try returning once you've gotten that quest.
    I loaded an old save. So what happened is, after the knight left and i reported the whole Feybourne mess to the duke, I went and spoke to Bartlett in prison. I think I locked myself out of the quest. Now I didn't go talk to Bartlett and things started happening again. I am off to investigate some disappearances now. Thank you. :)
    Have fun!
    Ah, come on! Y no Devastatiing Critical (besides the obvious I mean)? I even made the whole build up to lv 24! Is there a way to add it manually?
    Ha! Yeah I had a hell of a time trying to balance the game with Dev Crit, and I just felt it was crazy OP so had it disabled. I don't recall if it's something that can be 'turned off', and I wasn't the one who did all that scripting stuff anyway. Don't worry, I'm sure you can make it through the story without it!
    I mean yeah, I can. It's just that my hulk (barb-bard-rdd) really feels incomplete like that. Then again, it would be just plain unfair to Fall of Aielund pt.1. Ah, well.
    Oh you'd plow right through them :D
  • BalkothBalkoth Member Posts: 157
    Yeah, the module has a lot of very powerful enemies that AREN'T crit immune BECAUSE Dev Crit is disabled. Which also means more enemies are sneak attackable too (in EE that can be adjusted separately but not originally).

A lot of places tended to just throw crit immune on anything significant solely because of Dev Crit which is not good design (both the crit immune and Dev Crit :P).
    What he said (Thanks Balkoth!)