Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
edited April 2016 in General Modding

Enhanced Edition - Autoroller

FEATURES

• This tool will automaticly roll for attributes and stores the highest rolled score.
• You can set some priorites for Exceptional Strength if you wish.
• No longer the hassle with OFFSETS changing with patching

SUPPORTS

• BGEE (& Siege of Dragonspear)
• BG2EE (& Throne of Bhaal)
• IWDEE (& Heart of Winter)
• The Black Pit (1 & 2)

DOWNLOAD

Current version of the program should work with any version of the supported games.

DOWNLOAD (v3.3): https://www.mediafire.com/?z5071l780ae8qrr
Here is the un-compiled ahk version of the program: Download AHK version

HOW IT WORKS

1. Run the Enhanced Edition game in windowed mode (IMPORTANT)
2. Run EE Autoroller (you might have to run it as administrator)
3. If creating a class with exceptional strength, set the priorites as you want them OR set them all to 0 if you don't want to use this.
4. Press START when you have reached the attribute screen, you will be promted to press the RECALL, STORE and REROLL buttons.
5. Once you hit the REROLL button it will start rolling.

Hold down 'X' when you want to stop rolling.
'UP' will increase the rolling speed.
'DOWN' will decrease the rolling speed.

ABOUT THE EXCEPTIONAL STRENGTH SETTINGS
Exceptional Strength
This will give STR% a value and be counted towards your roll score.
Example:
If you wish that STR% 51 and higher be worth 1 attribute score you set all boxes 51+ to 1.
Now when it rolls and your currently stored total is 90 with a STR% 20 then you roll a 89 with STR% 77 the new 89 roll will be stored.

Minimum STR% to store
This will simply ignore ALL rolls with a STR% below the one set.
If you have it at 51 and would happen to roll 100 with a STR% score of 12 that roll will be ignored.

DISCLAIMER

I take no responsibility at all for the use of this program. However if used properly nothing should happen as it only reads memory data.
Post edited by Freche on
Spjuv3rnmlneveseMarcmadRaveljunk11Azchar111IchigoRXCRoman215AndreaColombomanaSenashDarlockKilivitzFlashburnArchaickaguanaFaydarkEnterHaerDalisCrevsDaakAbsoluteFallMathmadlenCTKnightOwlNassauDark_Ansemjahes64DarKelPFredjoProteuslaptopman666brusbooinyoureyesPugPugDMK3minutesofcompetenceDrow_ArrowSssiksseilorathanasZaghoulBrutaleBentrede9MERLANCEUOLegacyAezurosbbgun21AaebyCARV3Rmashedtaters

Comments

• EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    Nice but it would be better if you add a window where we can see how many points the stats total to and/or the strength 18/xx. Just a suggestion. XD
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    edited December 2012
    @Esvi It should appear a little tooltip window right of the the reroll button. Showing the highest roll and the keyboard commands.

It doesn't show the STR%, I guess I could add it.
    Didn't see much point in having it though since the program priorities more stat points. If a new roll is the same as the highest previous roll then it compare the STR% and keeps the highest one.
    Oh.. so that was what the yellow thing that disappears right after it stores a roll.
    :O
    It was just a yellow box for you, no text and then it disappears after a store?
    What OS are you running and 32 or 64-bit?
  • MasonguitarMasonguitar Member Posts: 35
    Freche, your program works perfect for me on Win 7 64. Rolled a 94 for a mage in 10 minutes!
    avinsin
  • baughbbaughb Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Don't know if it's user error, but I had a problem trying to use it in a multiplayer lobby.

On my second char the autoroller was repeatedly logging the attributes of my first character, so it wasn't differentiating rolls.

EDIT: nevermind, bypassed with basic import trickery
    edited December 2012
    Hum, I actually never tested it in multiplayer creation. It's possible the program can't handle it. I'll check when I have time.
    Ok, in multiplayer the game uses different addresses for different characters. It's the same issue when creating characters for the black pit.

The autoroller seemed to work well when Pre-Generating characters.
    Post edited by Freche on
  • crowzercrowzer Member Posts: 7
    Work fine on my 7 64 bits. Get 95 for my archer in 2 mins ^^
    I'm running Windows XP Home Edition 32bit.
    After it stores a roll and the mouse hovers over the reroll button, it appears( with text and all) for a frame of a second long enough to see there are text in it but not long enough to read it.
    Took 4 hours for a 97 with 93% for a fighter! awesome program.
    Freche
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    Good work @Freche

Thx for the source too - I made one which takes into consideration a minimum STR percentage value (stored in the .ini file) before it even considers the stats. I can share the source or compiled .exe if anyone wants it.
    Draekin
    Hi Ravel. I am not sure what you mean? You made a program like Freche that does something similar?
    edited December 2012
    @Masonguitar Well, @Freche included the source code to download..., so I downloaded the source code and just added a little bit so that you can specify in the .ini file the minimum strength subscore (18/xx) it should consider when storing a value.

So, for example, if you put 91 as the minimum strength subscore, a 105 point stat roll would be ignored if the strength subscore were only 85. It's meant to help those fighter classes and multiclasses who aren't half-orcs and need to maximize that strength score as much as possible, even if it means sacrificing some overall stat points.

edit:
    Here's the .exe and .ini files if anyone's interested: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22721505/BGEEautoroller+v1.zip
    Post edited by Ravel on
    That was a lot easier to understand . Thank you
  • GeneGene Member Posts: 4
    I rolled high stat characters for an entire party in two hours! Woohoo, I'm going to play through the Black Pits to gauge which type I play through the game. Excellent program. By the way I noticed that if you reload the game once the offset error hits it's resolved, at least that worked for me.

How exactly do I update the roller to include the sub-score thing?
    edited December 2012
    @Gene Use Ravel's version, two posts above yours.

EDIT: The new BGEE update didn't break anything
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    There's one thing that would be great, it's prioritizing the exceptionnal strength value a bit :
    IE :
    A roll of 88 with STR 18/97 is better than a roll of 89 with STR 18/05
    A roll of 86 with STR 18/00 is better than a roll of 89 with STR 18/05

and so on.

Otherwise, great little tool !
    edited December 2012
    I guess I could work on some kind of STR% priority.
    iirc the bonus from STR% is gained in parts, is it still 1-50, 51-75, 76-90, 91-99 & 100 ?
  • GeneGene Member Posts: 4
    @Freche I set the value for strength to 00 and 100 and rolled both for hours and got nothing. Am I doing it wrong?
    edited December 2012
    @Gene I can't download from GameFront so I don't really know. You'd have to ask @Ravel.

EDIT:
    v2 WIP: http://i.imgur.com/K7qwq.jpg
    Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow
    Post edited by Freche on
    Freche said:

I guess I could work on some kind of STR% priority.
    iirc the bonus from STR% is gained in parts, is it still 1-50, 51-75, 76-90, 91-99 & 100 ?

Yep.
    The biggest breakpoints are 18/51+ and 18/00
    Or you could alter the .ini to add a parameter that specifies the minimum exceptional strength to consider (With default = 51)

I am a bit confused. I rolled a fighter with 97 stats with a stt of 97% and I rolled a 98 fighter with str 73%. Which is the actual better character?
    edited December 2012
    They're pretty much the same.
    Strength HIT DMG
    18/01-50 +1 +3
    18/51-75 +2 +3
    18/76-90 +2 +4
    18/91-99 +2 +5
    18/00 +3 +6

The big differences happen at 18/51 and 18/00. In your example, you're losing 1 damage per hit for 1 stat point.
    rion26
    I see what your saying now. Thanks for that
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    If you're only worried about HIT / DAM, there's not much of a difference (2 points DAM), however, there's also the Weight Allowance, which between those two % differences there's a 70 lb difference, which means a lot when you're out in the wild picking up loot, especially Ankheg shells, particularly if you're soloing.
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    I'm having some trouble getting this to run. I have BGEE version 1.0.2009 and Win 7. The program doesn't seem to recognize my store/recall button locations. Any suggestions?
    I changed BGEE to windowed mode and am on the Abilities screen. BGEEautoroller.exe doesn't create a userform, is this correct?
    That is correct, v1 just pop up a couple of msg that you have to follow. However it seems strange that it doesn't register the store/recall locations if you follow the instructions.

I have made a v2 that will be uploaded tomorrow, need to test it a little bit more.
  • Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    Freche said:

That is correct, v1 just pop up a couple of msg that you have to follow. However it seems strange that it doesn't register the store/recall locations if you follow the instructions.

I have made a v2 that will be uploaded tomorrow, need to test it a little bit more.

OK, I'll try that one when available. My system is Win 7 64-bit but this seems to be fine for crowzer so it's probably some oddness with my setup.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    This is amazing.
    FredjoHaHaCharade
    Gene said:

@Freche I set the value for strength to 00 and 100 and rolled both for hours and got nothing. Am I doing it wrong?

@Gene I noticed that for the .exe I used, the first value that is stored when you are mapping the Store/Recall/Reroll buttons won't be overwritten until the stat number is higher than what is stored (on top of meeting the STR % requirement).

Perhaps try forcing it to store a pretty low value before starting the program, and that might fix it.