Skip to content

***SPOILERS*** possible dlc-kits found!

FeatherFeather Member Posts: 20
By browsing the game-files the new patch added one can find the kit-infos of several new, not yet implemented kits:

Near Infinity -> StringRef 31970 - 31986:
NEW(?) KITS:

DWARVEN DEFENDER
The Dwarven Defender is a formidable warrior that is reputed to be worth two soldiers of any other race. Regardless of the accuracy of that claim, no one can hold the line more effectively.

Class Features:

Must be a Dwarf.
May wear helmets.
May wear any armor and use any weapon.
May achieve Grand Mastery (five slots) in Axe and War Hammer.
May achieve Proficiency (two slots) in any other weapon.
May achieve Specialization (two slots) in any fighting style and allocate three slots in Two-Weapon Style.
Gains Defensive Stance 1x/day for every 4 levels.
Gains 5% resistance to crushing, slashing, piercing, and missile damage for every 5 levels to a maximum of 20% at level 20.
Hit Dice: d12

Defensive Stance: The Dwarven Defender gains +2 to Strength, +4 to Constitution, +2 bonus to Saving Throws, +4 bonus to Armor class, and a 50% penalty to movement rate for 1 turn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHADOWDANCERS
Shadowdancers can harness the power of the shadow weave to increase their lethal abilities. This powerful kit is able to blend seamlessly into the shadows, striking without warning.

Class Features:
May not wear armor heavier than studded leather.
May not equip shields larger than bucklers
May only use the following weapons: long sword, short sword, katana, scimitar, dagger, club, quarterstaff, crossbow, shortbow, dart, sling.
May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
May only become Proficient (one slot) in any fighting style.
May only distribute 15 points per level (30 at level 1) in thieving abilities: Open Locks, Pick Pockets, Find Traps, Move Silently, Hide in Shadows, Detect Illusions, Set Traps.
May use Backstab ability for increased damage
Level 1-9: x2
Level 9+: x3
Hide in Plain Sight: A shadowdancer may hide in shadows, even when being observed.
Can cast Shadowstep 1x/day for every 3 levels
Slippery mind: +1 bonus to Saving Throws
Hit Dice: d6

Shadowstep: Give bonus to AC and teleport to selected creature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAGON DISCIPLES
Dragon Disciples are powerful sorcerers who are able to manifest draconic abilities. These powers stem from the Dragon blood in their lineage.

Class Features:

May not wear any armor.
May only use the following weapons: dagger, quarterstaff, dart, sling.
May only become Proficient (one slot) in any fighting style.
May cast arcane spells.
May not scribe spells into their spellbooks as Mages do. Instead, Sorcerers learn a small number of spells at each level, which they cast daily without memorization.
Lower number of spells per day available than Sorcerer.
1st level: +1 bonus to AC.
3rd level: Breath Weapon (2d8) 1x/day.
4th level: 25% fire resist.
5th level: +1 bonus to AC. +1 Bonus to CON.
6th level: Breath Weapon (3d8) 1x/day.
8th level: 50% fire resist.
9th level: Breath Weapon (4d8) 1x/day.
10th level: +1 bonus to AC.
12th level: Breath Weapon (5d8) 1x/day.
12th level: 75% fire resist
15th level: Breath Weapon (6d8) 1x/day.
15th level: +1 bonus to AC. +1 Bonus to CON.
16th level: 100% fire resist.
18th level: Breath Weaoon (7d8) 1x/day.
20th level: +1 bonus to AC.
Hit Dice: d6
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DARK MOON MONK:
Followers of the dark goddess Shar, the power these monk wield is augmented by their connection to the Shadow weave.

Class Features:

Must be evil.
May not wear any armor.
May only use weapons available to the Thief class (except two-handed)
May only become Proficient (one slot) in Single-Weapon Style and may not put slots into any other style.
Moves 2 points faster than other characters. Movement rate further improves by 1 every 5 levels.
May make 1 unarmed attack per round. An additional ½ attack per round is gained every 3 levels. Damage dealt by unarmed attacks increases with level as follows:
Levels 1-2: 1d6
Levels 3-5: 1d8
Levels 6-8: 1d10
Levels 9-14: 1d12
Levels 15+: 1d20
At level 9, unarmed attacks are treated as a +1 magical weapon and gain a +1 bonus to damage and hit rolls. This enchantment improved to +2 at level 12, +3 at level 15, and +4 at level 25.
Receives a +(x) bonus to Saving Throws vs. Spell.
Deflect Missiles: +1 bonus to AC vs. missile attacks every (x) levels.
Starts with an Armor Class of 9 at 1st level and gains an additional +1 bonus every (x) levels.
May use Stunning Blow ability once every (x) levels
Weak against divination spells but strong against illusions spells
1st level: Gains the abilty to cast the spell Blindness 1x/day.
3rd level: Gains the ability to cast the spell Blur 1x/day.
5th level: Becomes immune to all diseases and cannot be slowed or hasted
7th level: Gains the ability to cast Chill Touch 1x/day.
8th level: Gains a +1 bonus to Speed Factor.
9th level: Gains a +1 bonus to all Saving Throws and becomes immune to Charm.
9th level: Gains the ability to cast Vampiric Touch 1x/day.
12th level: Gains another +1 bonus to Speed Factor.
13th level: May use the Quivering Palm ability once per day.
14th level: Gains 3% Magic Resistance per level (starting with 42% at 14th level).
20th level: Becomes immune to non-magical weapons.
Hit Dice: d8

Found here by @Neonfisk: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14548/shadowdancer-kit-info#latest :)
TJ_HookerDarkDoggajwzOxford_GuyJaxsbudgieAntonScooterchickenhedbbearKamigoroshiPeteAtomsQuartzKirinaldoMajocaThe_New_Romancemch202JonelethIrenicusGrandeCRequiemSpjuv3rntoanwrathEnterHaerDalislunarXavioriaArchaosCactusSenashKirkorIkMarcneleotheszeNeonfiskGodKaiserHelldarrenkuoSchopenhauerDJKajuruVaylorRAM021

Comments

• DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Good work!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Aren't these kits from later editions? I'm almost certain I saw Dragon Disciples in NWN or NWN2...
    Majoca
  • FeatherFeather Member Posts: 20
    http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Prestige_classes

Yes, it looks like they are trying to implement Prestige Classes: with Blackguards, Assassins, Dwarven Defenders, Dragon Disciples and Shadow Dancers that's about half the list of the NWN-prestige classes :P
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Red Dragon Disciples were a presitge class in both NWNs
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Where are Duelists?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Hrm. That list doesn't indicate how much lower the DD's spells are - they're not exactly swimming in them in BG1 as it is...
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This is an excellent find
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I bet Hide in Plain Sight is going to be as OP as it was in NWN.
    Oxford_GuyIllustaircherrycoke2llolien
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Dark moon monk looks quite weak.

Dragon disciple will depend on how many less spells it gets than a regular sorceror.

Shadow dancers look good but could be difficult to manage

Dwarf defender looks good
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2013
    Man, I've wanted Sorcerer kits for awhile but the Dragon Disciple is a bit of a boring kit/prestige class in the BG2 engine. I suppose they can spice it up, using recolored wings from 1PP, and maybe letting the Con do something....but losing spells for those abilities looks like a horrible trade.

Just give me a Bladesinger, Overhaul. I've wanted that since BG2 originally came out.

Pantalioncherrycoke2lDragonspearSCARY_WIZARD
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I was wondering about the monks from Rasaad's quests and how they seem to have abilities that monks normally do not have.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Dragon Disciple looks crap others are seem good/ok.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    They all look like crap.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited January 2013
    Implementing Dragon Disciples and Dark Moon monks like this is a rubbish idea.
    The other two are more or less adorable though.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Shadowdancer or something very similar was a prestige class in NWN, too.
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    edited January 2013
    iKrivetko said:

Implementing Dragon Disciples and Dark Moon monks like this is a rubbish idea.
    The other two are more or less adorable though.

I don't know enough lore about Monks to really comment on the Dark Moon ones, but I was really hoping if/when we got a Sorc kit it would be something like the Tainted Sorc since that is basically a blood mage. It just would make a ton of sense with the whole Bhaalspawn angle, and they could do some interesting things by giving them powers/spells unique to the kit that damaged you as you cast them to show the blood-loss, and/or even have a chance to frenzy after them to show the char failing to the seduction of the power.

I think they could make the Dragon Disciple a fun kit, but that current version listed in this thread is not worth losing spells over.

SpaceInvader
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Dragon Disciple looks underpowered. I never played NWN 1 or 2 so I don't know how effective it was as a prestige class, but its conversion to 2e doesn't seem balanced. Why would a sorcerer give up any significant number of spell slots for an AC and CON bonus? And only 1 firebreath per day? Those bonuses are almost certainly negated by simply being able to cast more spells.

Why not STR bonuses instead? Give the Dragon Disciples the ability to crush the skull of anyone who comes near them.
  • pakbgeepakbgee Member Posts: 31
    Flashburn said:

I bet Hide in Plain Sight is going to be as OP as it was in NWN.

i doubt it, in NWN you can take a level of SD anytime (for instance, you can be 1 SD/ 19 Rogue , or something like 1 SD/ a few level a rogue/ and alot of levels of assassin), you get full sneak attack progression

In BG, you can't multiclass to a pure thief to get the x5 or x7 backstab, staying as a pure SD you get lousy backstab x2 for the entire BG game, and at most x3 in BG2. AND a very lousy thief THAC0 progression. If you Dual class to fighter, you don't get enough skill point to max your hide/move silently (which are crucial).

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Madhax said:

Dragon Disciple looks underpowered. I never played NWN 1 or 2 so I don't know how effective it was as a prestige class, but its conversion to 2e doesn't seem balanced. Why would a sorcerer give up any significant number of spell slots for an AC and CON bonus? And only 1 firebreath per day? Those bonuses are almost certainly negated by simply being able to cast more spells.

Why not STR bonuses instead? Give the Dragon Disciples the ability to crush the skull of anyone who comes near them.

In NWN2, players would take a single level of Bard to get the Dragon Disciple prestige class, and mix it with weapon master and fighter levels rather than playing it as a caster class... It was stupidly over-powered that way.

cherrycoke2lSpaceInvader
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    Dwarven Defender... Mainly use war hammers and axes to get damage reductions and every 4 levels can become the best non-cheated thing out there for one turn?
  • UnknownQuantityUnknownQuantity Member Posts: 242
    I guess the kit names alone sum up why I didn't like NWN or 3rd edition.
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I have mixed feelings over this discovery. I like that they are looking to expand the game with new kits, but at the same time I wish they wouldn't draw in so much more material from 3/3.5 edition. Don't get me wrong, I like 3/3.5 and quite enjoyed NWN. I just think that part of what makes the Baldur's Gate experience unique is that it is 2nd edition AD&D (for the most part).
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Dwarf defender!!!! Sweetness!!!
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738

I have mixed feelings over this discovery. I like that they are looking to expand the game with new kits, but at the same time I wish they wouldn't draw in so much more material from 3/3.5 edition. Don't get me wrong, I like 3/3.5 and quite enjoyed NWN. I just think that part of what makes the Baldur's Gate experience unique is that it is 2nd edition AD&D (for the most part).

Errrm... BG2 especially already heavily draws from 3rd ed.
    QuartzSpaceInvader
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I wouldn't say heavily. It draws some from it, but not a huge amount.
    The_New_Romance
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Sharn said:

Kits are suppose to have some disadvantages, Dwarven Defender has almost none, only a slight weapon restriction, and is superior to a regular fighter in every other conceivable way.

Except that it is exclusively available to dwarves and cannot be dualled. Right, almost devoid of disadvantages.