Skip to content

The 75 roll No-Reload/No Resurrection Challenge

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing Cassandra, a female Skald for quite a few days off and on now...I don't have the greatest screenshots and missed a shit ton of stuff I did but I will try to recollect her story in a brief and simplistic manner...

Xzar and Montaron are employed with Viconia and Imoen early on. Xzar proves semi useful but is eventually slain in favor of Edwin later on. Imoen gets killed by some thayan mages and there was much rejoicing. Garrick is used as a meat shield to deal with Karlat and he goes down rather quickly. A drunken dwarf named Kagain is employed and was quite a useful partner. Heading south we meet up with a Monk who rubs the party the wrong way and he is slain. His boots are sold and there was much rejoicing. Dorn joins the party and his brute strength is put on display. Prism is 'saved' and Greywolf is slain with relative ease. The nashkel mines are plundered without much of a challenge and Mulahey is commanded down to his knees and slain before his minions are called to fight. Xan is employed in favor of Edwin and Edwin is slain. Heading back to Nashkel, an assassin named Nimbul is slain and the party rests. Deciding to further explore the coast turns up miscreants such as Bassilus and a talking chicken and other groups of lackeys. The gnoll fortress is raided and Dynaheir is set free but slain shortly after. Eventually they make there way north and raid the forests of Peldvale and Larswood, running into an evil drow named Baeloth. His powers are immense and he is employed into the party. Heading further north the bandit camp is annihilated and Enter Sai is set free. Deciding to continue with further exploration, they head south and employ a female brute named Shar-Teel. Kagain is kicked out of the party but is not slain because he was highly useful. Deciding to explore the ancient school of Ulcaster, the party encounters several wolves before setting off a fateful trap half way through the abandoned school. A fireball explodes in the center of the party and Viconia, Dorn and basically everybody but Cassandra is dead. A Vampiric wolf bites her head off and the adventure is over.

Photobucket fail. Sigh
    Post edited by EnterHaerDalis on
    Adulrdarken
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @EnterHaerDalis It says there's no bandwidth left. :(
  • JorkanJorkan Member Posts: 74
    I got all the way to the carnivale then died to that mage that was holding the "witch" hostage.
    EnterHaerDalis
  • LegolpLegolp Member Posts: 14
    Sadly, Helm didn't help Rastac when a stupid Flaming Fist stopped me on the road to Nashkel, mistook me for a bandit and slayed my poor priest in one (!) hit. Not even had the chance to drink a potion or run, pffffffffff.
    well that's a fail. Deleting old pictures doesn't even free up bandwidth, apparently they calculate it by every time somebody views your picture... zzzz
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Just use the forum to upload and embed the pictures
    SirK8 said:

Just use the forum to upload and embed the pictures

just tried it doesn't work ; just stays stuck on 'Uploading'

Ah well. This challenge has been completely full of utter failure for me - it's only fitting that the screenshots don't work in the run I get the farthest in
  • Blueblaze88Blueblaze88 Member Posts: 1
    Dogwood Haffpants, male halfling Shadowdancer (CN)
    Str 14 Dex 19 (!) Con 11 Int 15 Wis 6 Cha 10

So the good news is Gorion says we're leaving this stupid town. The bad news is, apparently I'm adopted.

As long as we're leaving I loot the inn (except for one of the dressers upstairs, which has some kind of mithril lock). Then I say goodbye to everyone. Fuller wants me to get him some bolts. I don't know why he can't just get them himself, but I don't mind, I'm happy to help the Guard for the measly, pittance reward of that shiny, shiny dagger he carries.

Except when I return with the bolts, Fuller gives me a handful of coin, and FORGETS to give me the dagger. So rather than bother him, I just try to reward myself with it. But alas! He detects my pickpocket and, after much chasing and shadow-dancing and hiding in plain sight and Yakety Sax, he splorts me. Stupid 6 Wisdom...
    EnterHaerDalisAdulLoldrup
    edited March 2013
    imageimage

Savilous and gang arrived to the Nashkel Mines, but before heading in they decided to snoop around first. They met an artist named Prism, and a bounty hunter named Greywolf who was after the man because he stole some emeralds that he was planning to use for a statue he made of some elf woman. Savilous decided to protect Prism, and so they were forced to fight and kill the bloodthirsty bounty hunter. Sadly, Prism didn't survive the commotion. They took the emeralds for returning to their owner.

imageimage

After that unfortunate incident, the adventurers ventured down into the mine shafts. The miners, as well as the guards, were nervous and fearful, raving about demons haunting the depths. The party soon found out that the demons were no more than a company of lowly kobolds, through which they cut a path with ease. From the evidence they found, it was apparent that the kobolds were using some kind of magical poison in order to spoil the iron.

imageimage

At the deep end of the mines, they've found a secret kobold base and a nervous half-orc priest named Mulahey, who attacked the adventurers as soon as he realized his operation had been discovered. He summoned a small army of kobolds and skeletons to his side, and yet he still wasn't a match for Savilous and his companions. The letters on his body confirmed that he was behind the miners' disappearances, as well as the iron poisoning, and they also mentioned he was under the orders of someone named Tazok. Apparently, a mage named Tranzig, who was staying at the Feldepost Inn in Beregost, was his contact.

It was time to pay this Tranzig fellow a visit.

Yay, Nashkel Mines done! Pretty much every fight here was pretty easy at this point because at level 3 my party was rather overpowered for this area. Still, I dread meeting the amazons, which I will do at the start of the next play session. I'll be sure to buff up like crazy before approaching them, though.

Level-ups:

Dynaheir: 1 level gained, rolled 4+2 for HP. Way to go, Dynaheir! Your chances of surviving this campaign have increased from 10% to 15%!

Current Party:

Savilous: lvl 3
    Imoen: lvl 4
    Khalid: lvl 3
    Jaheira: lvl 3/3
    Minsc: lvl 3
    Dynaheir: lvl 3
    FinneousPJlolien
    edited March 2013
    imageimageimage

Okay, I couldn't bear the suspense anymore and went ahead and fought the amazons. I started off by casting invisibility on Minsc and Khalid and moving them in position, then sneaked and moved close by with Savilous, and have Imoen aggro them while Dynaheir Magic Missiled one of the casters. I fudged up and nearly got both Imoen and Savilous killed, because I was late attacking with the tanks and they were still invisible while my squishies were being destroyed. I also may have forgotten I had Slow Poison memorized on Jaheira and so my protagonist almost died of poison. The fight itself was very short and very intense. In the end, everyone survived, but only because I got really lucky.

imageimageimage

After that horrible but also quite fun experience, the adventurers scouted the area. They had several fun adventures, including promising to return a dagger and then not doing it and killing a tough zombie instead, and killing an eccentric wizard and his mustard jelly companions.

imageimage

After they were done cleaning the area from monsters, dogs, ghouls, and goblins kobolds, they returned to Nashkel and received the reward from the mayor for their heroic deeds. As they were moving on, a strange man named Nimbul approached them. It turned out he was an assassin sent by Tazok. Savilous had no idea why Tazok thought one man could kill six, but they proved him wrong. Nimbul had several useful magic items on his body that the adventurers took for their own use.

It was finally time to head back to Beregost and see what that Tranzig fellow was up to.

Level-Ups:

Khalid: 1 level gained, rolled 9+3 for HP. There you go Khalid, it wasn't that hard now, was it?
    Savilous: 1 level gained, rolled 3+1 for HP. He was my creation, and he has betrayed me. :(
    Imoen: 1 level gained, rolled 1+2 for HP. Et tu, Imoen?

Current Party:

Savilous: lvl 4
    Imoen: lvl 5
    Khalid: lvl 4
    Jaheira: lvl 3/3
    Minsc: lvl 3
    Dynaheir: lvl 3
    WanderonFinneousPJEnterHaerDalislolien
  • MobenatorMobenator Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, it's my first time on the forum and I really liked the sound of the 75 so I gave it ago.

Kithum the dwarves defender left Candle Keep with high hopes. Straight out of CK his step father Gorrion is slain; Kithum is disappointed he could do nothing to help. He is thankful that Imoen snuck out to give him company.

Later down the road they meet Xzar and Montaron who they welcome into their party, strength in numbers tis all.

After joining up with Khalid and Jahera the party encounters an ogre south of the FAI, Khalid take a mighty blow, he chugs a potion and Jahera hastily heals him, all seems to be going well until the ogre cleaves Khalid in one blow!

Jahera screams out in distress and Kithum finishes the ogre.

After mourning Khalid in the FAI temple the party makes their way to Bergost, a mage named Neera asks for their help against some bandits, after they are dispatched with no injuries Neera askes to join us; she performed well in battle so we accepted.

Wanting to recoup ourselves after the battle they made their way to the Red Sheaf inn where a dwarf assassin confronts them, six against one seems like good odds to me.

Thinking on her feet Neera uses Nahal's Reckless Dweomer aiming to cast sleep the dwarf, unfortunately the magic flows to willingly from her fingers and forms a FIREBALL!

Only Kithum, Xzar and Montaron are left in the ashes of their friends and enemies... Now they really need a drink.
    FinneousPJAdulWanderon
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    LOL wouldn't think of using Neera.
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    I think I'll give this a spin. Anyone mind if I try going "super-hardcore" and just play BG+TotSC (i.e. no BG:EE or Tutu/BGT)? That will up the ante a bit (no kits, game automatically unpauses on inventory screen, etc). Of course, it will also bring back things like super-cheesy PfE... But I promise not to abuse that too much ;)
  • SwordiorSwordior Member Posts: 3
    Enter Berney, a shadowdancer that lacked intelligence to get through a journey.

STR 12
    Dex 18
    Con 14
    Int 6
    Wis 12
    CHA 13

This naive fellow travels around Candlekeep doing chores here and there, but it was filled with danger. Two would-be assassins attacked him on two different sides of the castle. Carbos and Shank! Both were handled in similar fashion....running and screaming in circles until escaping view and plunging a knife into their backs.. With a few tears to the monks, he continued on, fighting of an army of rats....but they were dangerous...honest. Soon, he looked around for Thethoril to obtain a scroll for Firebead. Once found, after being hassled by Imoen, Thethoril disregarded the fool that is Berney, who kept pointing at the scroll in an attempt to obtain it (seriously the scroll conversation never started, just the hurry up and talk to Gorion one). Berney saw the scroll just hanging on Thethoril's person, and since it wasn't Thethoril's in the first place Berney decided to make a grab for it.....but Thethoril noticed and apparently thought that Berney (having been reporting killing two others in the keep) was attempting to kill him as well and blasted the little halfling into oblivion with an unknown death spell. Poor Berney.

I'd place screenshots...but they all come up as black bordered white squares :p
    Adul
    awesome, people are still attempting this :D

haven't been on here in a while, will take time to recover from my last run. The nostalgia sadly wears off after a while, I need to rekindle it so I can appreciate my favorite game more

Good luck to all who dare attempt this challenge
    It's been a while, and it's time once again for Savilous and gang to continue their investigations into the iron shortage.

imageimage

For a mage who had been quite full of himself, Tranzig went down quickly. On his corpse were some documents that indicated Tazok had a base of operations in the Larswood/Peldvale area.

Before leaving town, the adventurers visited the local blacksmith Taerom Fuiruim, whose art with the hammer was famous throughout the Sword Coast. They ended up spending all of their saved-up money and buying new armor for Khalid and Imoen.

imageimageimageimage

They reached Larswood, and after a bit of searching found a band of bandits moving through the forest. They managed to convince the bandits that they were seeking to join them, and so the outlaws lead them back to their camp where they met Tazok the half-ogre. Savilous convinced him they were actual recruits, so they were granted access to the entire camp without bloodshed.

After some looking around, they found what was likely Tazok's tent, and they decided to take a look inside.

imageimageimageimage

Inside the large tent, the adventurers were confronted by guards who could tell they were not recruits. It was time to fight, so Khalid and Minsc left their magical invisibility disguise and attacked the mage and archer at the back. Jaheira took the role of distracting their leader and his large gnoll bodyguard, while Imoen and Savilous needled them with arrows. Dynaheir stood in the back and fired magic missiles at the enemy caster.

Although Jaheira was close to dying at one point, the element of surprise and the well-organized approach landed the adventurers victory over the bandits, and they suffered no losses. After they searched the tent for documents, they found out that a merchant guild named Iron Throne was issuing Tazok's orders, and that they had a base in the Cloakwood. It looked like that was to be their next destination.

imageimage

Before leaving, Savilous and his companions decided to clear out the bandit camp in order to make the roads safer and collect more scalps for the bounty on them. One of the bandit leaders even had a nice suit of full plate mail on him, which Minsc put to good use.

Level-Ups:

Minsc: 1 level gained, rolled 7+1 for HP. Meh, I'll take it.
    Jaheira: 1 druid level gained, rolled 1+1 for HP. Next time do make an effort, dear.
    Dynaheir: 1 level gained, rolled 1+2 for HP. *sigh* This is no lucky day for any of us.

Current Party:

Savilous: lvl 4
    Imoen: lvl 5
    Khalid: lvl 4
    Jaheira: lvl F3/D4
    Minsc: lvl 4
    Dynaheir: lvl 4
    WanderonAedanJuliusBorisovlolien
    Oh Tarnesh, ye bane of no-reload challenges.

Cool writing, though. :)
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    Adul said:

Oh Tarnesh, ye bane of no-reload challenges.

Cool writing, though. :)

Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't lost two to the bandit ambush. Oh well. C'est la vi. C'est la guerre. Moved on to the next one.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Glad to see this thread resurrected. It's a tough challenge for sure.
  • SkiaSkia Member Posts: 25
    The continued adventure of Carrack

Finally found something that could put a scratch on me. A dire wolf was out wondering around where the ogre is supposedly at. The skin might make me a good blanket or cloak or some such. Found the ogre and he was definitely a better foe than those hobgoblins. Hit me a couple times, but it will take more than that to stop me. Had a couple belts on him; had the pansy human mage try one on. He complained it changed him into a woman, but he looks and sounds the same to me. Stupid humans. There were a few more gibberlings in the area, but nothing else worth mentioning. Looks like a caravan was hit by some bandits.
    Got me to some human town called Beregost. Met a dwarf intent on killing me. He put up a good fight, but at the end the pansy tried running away. Didn’t do him any good. Looks like plenty of people are lining up to kill me. Hopefully more of them are worthy foes. Met another pansy mage wanting us to murder random people for a measly 300 gold. Stupid idiot attacked me when I refused and another mages falls without getting a single spell off. Cleared out the spiders from the home of the old widow. Why she would want to live in this stinking human town is beyond me. Crazy old gnome. Delivered the spider carcass and other stuff she wanted and got me some more gold. Trip back and forth was uneventful. Time to move on to the mine.
    As we travelled along the road south we ran into some ogrillons waiting to ambush anyone on the road. Stupid buggers thought they could take me, but I showed them me axe up nice and close. They had a letter from some pansy human they must have killed earlier. I delivered it to his widow. Bah! Stupid elves and human pansies are rubbing off on me. I need a drink, and something to kill.
    The trip south did provide some opportunity to kill, but sadly no ale was found. I got me a ghast as well as more hobgoblins, gibberlings, and even a human bandit or two. I never thought I would say this, but I’m glad to have the elfling lass. She does a good job o’ patching me up after the battle over. Saved me some good coin in buying healing potions.

Deaths – 0

Party
    Carrack – Dwarven Defender Level 1
    Jaheira 2/2
    Imoen 2
    Khalid 1
    Xzar 1
    Montaron 1/1
    AdulJuliusBorisovLoldrup
    Samus said:

Within a time of 89 minutes I managed to get my character as far as the ceremony where you need to protect the Dukes against the Doppleganger assassins. Sadly my heroic Bard lacked the strength to help Belt and thus Sarevok was victorious.

Wow, I forgot about the Duchal Palace. Now I'm terrified. I really need to work out a strategy or something before I reach there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    Tried this out tonight. Lasted about all of an hour and a half....

Rolled a neutral evil half-orc barbarian. Was lucky enough to get 19 strength.
    S: 19
    D: 13
    C: 12
    I: 10
    W: 7
    C: 14

Kagain was killed by the fastest dart thrower of all people and Montaron was met his demise at the Gnoll Stronghold. Before hitting the Nashkel Mine I wanted to buy a couple spells for Edwin and went to High Hedge. Unfortunately, as soon as I entered the door, I came upon a very hostile flesh golem. He one-shot me before I even had a chance to speak to Thalantyr :(
    Adul
    @Samus: Yeah, I thought so from reading your post. Even with a fully leveled and equipped party the Duchal Palace is rather iffy, though. it generally takes me 1-3 tries in my usual types of games to get through it, but then I'm not really using any bulletproof strategies in those cases.

I believe this time around I will do it the most cheesy way I can think of, and that is surrounding belt with my party and a ton of summons, hasting everyone, and hoping for the best.