• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    mlnevese said:

@CoM_Solaufein Agreed and done ;)

/clap Still Starring this thread. :D!
  • vigovilingarvigovilingar Member Posts: 64
    Is there any new long bow in bgee?
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    I cant find the spider map scimitar!! blahh my blasted eyes!!
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Zanian said:

The Gold Digger +1 is missing its description, but it's not a cursed item. So far, all I know is it's a 1D10+4 sword. So not at all shabby.
    Also, have anyone found any decent warhammers and maces? My cleric needs some more firepower.

Get stupified!! There is an awesome mace locked in a room in the Flaming Wizard Inn, in Beregost.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Added a small disclaimer about the scimitar +2 disappearing if you don't get it the first time you are there.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just noting that I've unstickied this thread. Carry on as you were! :)
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    edited May 2013
    Its going to disappear again.
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    SCARY_WIZARD
    I think pinning this creates unnecessary clutter to an already cluttered announcements section in general myself.

On the other hand, it can be quite a useful resource, so it would be good it there could be a link to it in one of the already stickied threads here in general (perhaps the faq?) so that it doesn't keep getting lost for people who want to use it.

I full intend to create a new version for bg2:ee as well.
    Quartz
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited May 2013
    I had planned some time back to create a sticky to catalog a lot of important threads, this certainly being one of them. I can't say yet where such a thread would live, but I will see if I can actually get that cranked out.

A reminder, though, that folks can Bookmark threads within this forum using the Star icon, bookmark them in their browsers, and perform a Google search for our forum (see here).

For example:

using

site:forum.baldursgate.com, "___" (phrase)

for the specific term

"new magic items"

yields this search result.

SCARY_WIZARD
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    And the fan art topic that hasn't had any new posts since January is worth pinning.
    Quartz
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    You mean the thread whose initial post was updated on May 8? Yes, I'd say it is.
  • 23dutch45man23dutch45man Member Posts: 11
    @ajwz This is a very interesting post.
    I would like to use this information for the Baldur's Gate wiki, if I might do so.
    JuliusBorisov

I would like to use this information for the Baldur's Gate wiki, if I might do so.

Sure, go ahead :)
    JuliusBorisov
    ajwz said:

Sure, go ahead :)
    Thank you!

Here is the link to the article at the wiki:
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/New_items_Baldur's_Gate_EE

ajwz
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @ajwz I forgot to mention that Tranzig also drops a scroll of glitterdust (they sure put a lot of those in there, didn't they?).
    SCARY_WIZARDajwzelminster
    The overhaul team did put a lot of spells from Baldur's Gate II into the enhanced edition. I shall update the article with your info, tresset.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2013
    Edit: Ignore this post. I'm old and senile apparently :p
    IchigoRXCCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterSCARY_WIZARD
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2013
    Ok, I am still feeling that crossbows do not get a whole lot of love. Is it just me or am I missing something? No new ones added.

Light Crossbow +1, The army scythe and The Guide. 2 lights and one heavy throughout BG:EE. Just feels like we could do with another heavy *winge winge moan moan*

*edit* Ignore my rambling, I use Crossbows so little I forget they are not two types... but all fall under "crossbow" >.< Fail!
    Post edited by IchigoRXC on
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    I've yet to play with it(and it will be a while...) but isn't The Stupefier crazy overpowered? 25% chance for hold with no save is basically game over for the enemy since then all damage sticks and he's dead in no time(and you can keep holding him while he's held!).
    [Deleted User]
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I've yet to play with it(and it will be a while...) but isn't The Stupefier crazy overpowered? 25% chance for hold with no save is basically game over for the enemy since then all damage sticks and he's dead in no time(and you can keep holding him while he's held!).

Yep. Particularly if you are using it as your main hand when dual wielding. You can also get it basically right off the bat.
  • ArkanisGathArkanisGath Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Overpowered is spells from BG 2. Eg. Cast fireshield red and blue, stoneskin and drizzt dead in seconds. :) At least can't found Protection from Normal Weapons and lesser deflect spell. Only Shadow Keeper manually can add. Sunfire cool spell too (ignores spell resistance).
    Lateralusankheg
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    where can i find ice storm spell ??
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    @mackos: You can't find it in BG1/BG:EE.
    mackos
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    hmm I'll use beleoth for that spell, thx
    Eudaemonium
  • sobiyangsobiyang Member Posts: 3
    Sometimes I wonder if it's too hard to balance between fun and not-being-op... It must take lots of testing to add some interesting items.