Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    BG:EE is back. I hope you haven't lost interest @Archaic after the long break
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    One can really hope that all this legal stuff didn't discourage you @Archaic to finish this mod. Of all mods for BGEE I'm waiting for, Your GUI is no. 1.

So please, don't give it away just yet.
    Schopenhauer
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    BG is back! Glad to hear it.
    C'mon guys You've heard the man:)
    IllustairArchaic
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    You wouldn't pass on the new renderer now,would you? But regardless, give the man some motivation people!
    CahirSchopenhauerArchaic
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Archaic take my likes, all of them, every single last one. Moderators, please add my 295 likes to Archaic's post... this fantastic work must be resumed ;)
    FredjoSchopenhauerArchaic
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Holy cow, this is beautiful!
    Marky
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    And, yes. Definitely liked.
    ArchaicGozeta
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2013
    @Aedan: check page 65, first comment. Archaic hasn’t been all to motivated lately, which is understandable considering the situation with BGEE... This thread has been way to quite in the last weeks, even with BGEE on hold. I think he just wants some reassurance if it’s worth putting more time into this.

I can’t wait to see the combination of the new renderer and UI possibilities and the talent of Archaic!

Back to the GUI:

Despite many critics I really like what Beamdog has done with BG. Except one thing: their UI is really a shame on the PC. With the new patch, maybe one day there is an UI with transparent windows. Or even in the more distant future: a UI for 1080p plus resolutions which combines the map with the questlog, the inventory with the stats and both of the spellbooks *dreaming*
    Post edited by Schopenhauer on
    Archaic
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Archaic I had he same problem as @Kaeloree so take another promote as an extra bunch of likes :)
    Archaic
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    edited August 2013
    Sorry to bring it up here but what is this with a new renderer and UI changes?

And please for bhaal's children continue the work on this wonderful mod!!!
    Archaic
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Staglord The next patch will come with a new UI. The renderer is being rewritten to improve performance and solve problems in both Intel Graphics chips and mobile devices.
    Archaic
    @Archaic to tell You the truth You have spoiled me so much with previews of 7.0 BETA that I think I won't play BGEE anymore until You finish it. So no pressure:) Seriously I can't wait for this.
    SchopenhauerIllustair
  • Michel889Michel889 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks to have made a mirror 2 for download, since Gamefront has banned many countries and mine included.
    Archaic
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Archaic said:

Speechless. I really appreciate the support guys. After such a long layover I really wasn't sure if there was much interest anymore. I'm going to take a look at things and figure out where I left off. I don't have as much free time was I did when I started but I will do my best to get back to development as soon as I can. Thanks for the support everyone!

No, thank you. This mod is most excellent.
  • AssarCZEAssarCZE Member Posts: 25
    I must agreed with most people here. This mod is quite amazing piece of work. Your GUI looks much better than the original one.
    The GUI shown in the BGEE 2 Video looked, well... interesting. At least when it comes to them using the transparency.. Cant wait to see youre approach on this. I think there is a lot of room for improvements.

cheers!
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Yes, me and my family which multiplayer together have been holding our collective breathes...hoping for direction on BG's future, and now that the green light for the next patch and BG2 and hopefully BG3 are a go we are excited. I find the Archaic GUI for BG:EE is a must for me and my family, have since it is so wickedly awesome.
    Kamigoroshi
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    can we expect an archaic gui in bg2ee? I still can't wait for the patch to see the new version on the gui in bgee :)
    Schopenhauer
    edited August 2013

can we expect an archaic gui in bg2ee? I still can't wait for the patch to see the new version on the gui in bgee :)

BGEE and BGEE should use the same engine... with any luck, not a lot of work might be required? anyone?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

BGEE and BG2EE should use the same engine... with any luck, not a lot of work might be required? anyone?
    @Archaic is also a BG2:EE betatester. So you don't have to worry on this point, he probably already did some tests ;)
    Schopenhauer
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    edited September 2013
    I found a bug: in game options -> marker settings (the one that controls the appearance of circles under characters), the topmost slider cannot be changed. It seems the description text is overlapping with the slider area. Using 1366x768 resolution.

Also I have given you the like number 100 of the first post :)
  • YinepuhotepYinepuhotep Member Posts: 15
    Just installed this, and LOVE the way this makes my game look. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • gunmangunman Member Posts: 215
    Another minor nuisance is the low contrast between the spell book and spell icons, some of the spells being hardly visible. If you can increase the contrast it would be perfect.
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    Guess you meant @Archaic :)
    Eudaemonium
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    To be fair, I'm not sure what there is to say until the patch is out. The UI changes seem pretty drastic so maybe Archaic just can't post pictures because of the NDA?
    SchopenhauerGubo
This discussion has been closed.